[Speculation & Spoiler] Hakkar, Emerald Dream & Arakkoa

I've been digging through new WoD Lore for the past weeks and learned some cool new stuff on which i will now speculate.

Basically, i've been questing through Spires of Arak and it is really a cool zone which is really story driven and reveals a lot of stuff regarding Arakkoa lore, which is a pretty interesting subject.

To give a short update for those who haven't read up anything on this.

There are 3 groups of Arakkoa
    1.Flying, uncorrupted Arakkoa worshipping Rukhmar, the sun goddess of the Arakkoa, which has the form of a fire bird
    2.Flightless Arakkoa, who worship Anzu and have to hide from the flying Arakkoa because Rukhmar deems them unworthy
    3.Sethekk, Flightless Arakkoa, who worship Sethe, a dead flying serpent god (Ever wondered why you find flying serpents in Sethekk halls? There you go)

The history goes like this, Sethe being a evil god and such, cursed Anzu into flightlessness, in return Anzu sent his Dread Ravens to slaughter every single flying serpent and afterwards Anzu & Rukhmar defeated Sethe.

Anzu, being unable to fight this curse, disappeared into the shadows and handed the lead of the Dread Ravens over to his mate.

However, Sethe's Death created a place called "Sethekk hollow" which is filled with his blood and any flying Arakkoa who enters there turns into a flightless Arakkoa, the flying Arakkoa use this as a punishment for people who act against the will of Rukhmar.

There is more to Arakkoa lore, but i'll this one out, the wowpedia articles of the Spires of arak questing is close to complete in regard of Arakkoa lore, so you can read up there all the stuff if you want.

http://wowpedia.org/Spires_of_Arak_storyline

You also meet Admiral Taylor, but be prepared to see an NPC model you haven't seen for quite some time.

But how this relates to Hakkar and the Emerald Dream?

During Spires of Arak questing it is also revealed why the Sethekk want to bring back Anzu, in alternate Draenor they seek to bring him back so that Sethe can bring him under his control and use his powers to conquer Draenor.

Now it is quite likely that this was also their actual Plot in Outland, bringing back Anzu so that they he can be enslaved and used to conquer Outland.

But the Sethekk started to worship an Old God in Outland, right? it fits because the Aspect of Raven, that is encountered during the Druid epic flightquestchain yells the following:

Foolish druid! Dividing your essence has weakened you, opening the door for my master to dominate the Emerald Dream. Your spirit and body will die here!
    http://wowpedia.org/Quest:No_Mere_Dream

So the idea was probably that Anzu being summoned in Outland is supposed to be enslaved by the very Old God that the Sethekk now worship.

It is also revealed during the Druid epic flight questchain that Anzu is causing trouble in the Emerald Dream, which is a mystery because no one knows how he has access to our Emerald Dream.

There is also this prophecy from the Druid epic flight questchain:

From the dreams of his enemies shall the raven spring forth into the world.
    http://wowpedia.org/Quest:The_Book_of_the_Raven

But now to Hakkar, Hakkar is a Loa, the Loa of Blood to be specific (http://wowpedia.org/Questark_Vessels_%28Alliance%29), has possibly access to the Emerald Dream as well, right?

Many Loa do have access to the Emerald Dream, as it is a core reason why Darkspear trolls were able to become Druids, Troll Druids even call most Ancients, which have a deep connection to the Emerald Dream without a doubt, Loa as well.

Hakkars connection to the Emerald Dream, or rather Nightmare, is probably even deeper than most other Loas, as seen in the Sunken Temple you had some business with some corrupted Emerald Dragons within a temple dedicated to the worship of Hakkar.

But questing in the Swamps actually shows that the Atal'ai use Emerald Dragons, which are injected with Hakkars Blood, then can be used to cause some foul powers to manifst within their corpses. (http://wowpedia.org/Quest:Step_Two:_The_Bloodletter) This "foul" power could obviously be related to the Emerald nightmare, considering the circumstances.

The theory that Hakkar is an Old God or at least in a relation to an Old God isn't new, while there hasn't been any confirmation on this, the connection between Old God(s) and Hakkar still exists.

But in the end, how does this fit together?

Could Sethe be the Draenor equivalent of Hakkar? The similiarities are there:
    1.Both are serpent gods
    2.Both have powerful blood, Sethes blood curses Arakkoa into flightlessness, Hakkars blood is quite corruptive and can be used for empowerment
    3.Both are gods to a race which views them as evil but is still worshipped by a small portion, Hakkari / Atal'ai <-> Sethekk
    4.Both try to enslave the other gods, Hakkar held the power of other Gurubashi Loas through their highpriests, Sethe wanted to enslave Anzu

Now, for this to fit together, is it possible that the Sethekk sent Anzu into the Emerald Dream with the help of Sethes blood?

For this to work, we need 2 criterias:
    1.Did the Sethekk had some blood left of Sethe after the destruction of Draenor? Unknown but possible, i can imagine that they used his blood in some kind of charms or simply saved something before Draenor fell apart.

2.Did they learn of the Emerald dream? Unknown but possible once again, considering that they worshipped an Old God in the end may gave them more knowledge than we might know, obviously the aspect of raven yelling points towards that Anzu / his aspect was already under the control of something that sought the domination of the emerald dream.

They also might have learned of the emerald dream from a druid that came through the Dark portal, the prophecy posted above possibly also known to the Sethekk, so this might have the thing they have been waiting for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might even suggest, that Sethe might be a Hakkar variation in Draenor... However Arakkoa lore looks quite promising, but again old god? Eh...

Anyway... Anzu isin't a Raven if i good remember?

Anzu is the Raven God.

And that's some serious gumshoe-ing Krall. That really puts the TBC lore into prespective. I agree with the Sethe blood in Anzu to corrupt him, it makes perfect sense. But now I ask, why are we fighting the Sun god in Highmaul?

Do we get a quest / raid where we help Anzu become freed on his curse? Cause that would be amazing. Hopefully the Rukhmar final boss is freeing his her from the Sethe curse because I don't get why we are fighting her. I also would like some back lore to how she died before the draenor cataclysm.

Next is http://www.wowwiki.com/Talon_King_Ikiss, how does this fit it? Terokk story been told yet?

Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    But now I ask, why are we fighting the Sun god in Highmaul?
    Rukhmar becomes a World boss but that is outside of the point.

Why we fight the flying Arakkoa exactly? Not sure, they've been raiding a Draenei settlement in Talador because they seemingly hoped to find new Apexis technology, also killing those flightless Arakkoa on sight when they've been basically totally abandoned by anything they believed in.

They use their Apexis technology to annihilate entire flightless Arakkoa settlements that could not properly shield themselves from their view, hence why all Arakkoa settlements now start with "Veil X".

In other words, flying Arakkoa are real assbags.

Do we get a quest / raid where we help Anzu become freed on his curse?
    So far, no, but you help him to kill Sethe for a second time.

I also would like some back lore to how she died before the draenor cataclysm.
    Nothing but i presume that she was sucked into the Nether when Draenor was shattered.

Next is http://www.wowwiki.com/Talon_King_Ikiss, how does this fit it? Terokk story been told yet?
    First off, wowwiki, ouch, wowpedia is more up to date.

And he is still insane and killed during http://wowpedia.org/Quest:The_False_Talon_King.

Terokk story been told yet?
    To keep it short, he was Talonking big and strong, killed entire packs of Saberon easily until few underlings become jealous or something and threw him into the Sethekk hollow and along with his daughter.

Then he's been building Skettis and such and basically creating the Arakkoa Outcasts as faction.

He then somehow reincarnates with your help and slaughters many Shattered Hand Orcs until Kargath decides to put his Bladefist in Terokk's back and turning him into a shade.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2014-08-11 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    I really hope there will be zero old god involvement in the Arrakoa story, it would only ruin it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Very interesting. I expected Arrakoa's lore to be far from dry but this is even more that I thought. Looking forward to play the zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i good remember, in Outland there is still Rukhmar disciples? Yeah i mean Grishna Arakkoa in Blade's Edge Mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I really hope there will be zero old god involvement in the Arrakoa story, it would only ruin it.
    Well, the Arakkoa must have gotten on the Old God trip somehow, considering that the Arakkoa were killed by Gul'dan is pretty much a confirmation that they started with this before the shattering of Draenor.

Secondly, http://wowpedia.org/Darkscreecher_Akkarai is a descendant from an old enemy of Terokk and has the following quote:

Darkscreecher Akkarai says: Hear the voices below the earth! They call for your blood!

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Very interesting. I expected Arrakoa's lore to be far from dry but this is even more that I thought. Looking forward to play the zone.
    As i said, it is really story driven zone.

Next to Gorgrond probably my favorite, Gorgrond dives into this old myth on what was Draenor before Orcs / Ogres and Draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    If i good remember, in Outland there is still Rukhmar disciples? Yeah i mean Grishna Arakkoa in Blade's Edge Mountains.
    In current Outland it looks like this:
    Terrokar Arakkoa: Worship Terokk as their hero / god, some believe he is Rukhmar (Which seems false) and Terokk pretty much turned into a bad guy.

Sethekk: Used to worship Sethe, now an Old God and took the Auchindoun destruction as a sign of his arrival.

Grishna: Worship Anzu, and hope that he will restore them to their former glory, if this also includes Rukhmar as object of worship is possible but doubtul.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2014-08-11 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My apologies, there is also three more tribes of Arakkoa in BEM.

Vekh'Nir.
    Ruuan'Ok.
    Lashh'An.

I might suggest, that Ruuan'Ok and Lashh'An might be disciples of Rukhmar or Anzu, since both tribes, got connections with Ravens. But more possible to Anzu connection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Gorgrond dives into this old myth on what was Draenor before Orcs / Ogres and Draenei.
    Yeah, it's one of the things (if not the main one) that gave me interest in WoD. I'm not really concerned about the Iron Horde/Draenei stuff as much as to exploit the opportunity of a "whole" Draenor to actually learn its history in a similar way we learned Azeroth's.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also curious about the presence of Shadow Hunters in Draenor and if there are (like the one met (somehow) in Zangarmash (Outland)) different types of Loa-like beings in Draenor as there are in Azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I'm also curious about the presence of Shadow Hunters in Draenor and if there are (like the one met (somehow) in Zangarmash (Outland)) different types of Loa-like beings in Draenor as there are in Azeroth.
    Aside from Gorgrond, i think i met at least one Shadow hunter in every Zone.

Darkspear are going really in overdrive mode on Draenor, at least the Shadow hunter presence is quite overwhelming.