Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I, for one, Welcome our new Priest Overlords!

My Naxx predictions for the meta; Priests are going to be insane. It's not like they were due for some love since they've been the weakest constructed class for a while. However their new class card coupled with some ridiculous creatures with high toughness and taunt will really make them shine. Inner Fire and the double health card combo (can't remember the name off hand :P) will both be huge. The 2/8 taunt is just begging priests to abuse it.

I can actually see some nerfs that are targeting priests after a month.

Bow down and prepare to be beat to hell by a 16 year old boy in robes for a while.
    Is this where the header goes?

Well, my prediction is that everyone who doesn't already run silences will have to put in spellbreakers or owls to deal with all the billions of deathrattles and other bizzare effects being introduced, thus actually making priest worse!
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Well, my prediction is that everyone who doesn't already run silences will have to put in spellbreakers or owls to deal with all the billions of deathrattles and other bizzare effects being introduced, thus actually making priest worse!
    You can strip the taunt and any buff off that new 2/8 taunt, but you also strip the beneficial deathrattle. I see it working out in their favor. A well played priest doesn't buff the minion with Inner Fire till he's ready to do the damage so you can't respond.

These assumptions all seem to be under the impression that Priests are the only class who get the new cards.

These assumptions are due to the fact that priests have arguably the strongest class card and can utilize the neutral minions extremely well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spectral Knight says "Not so fast Priest scum".

Priests will have a lot of things that will benefit them, but they are not unilaterally buffed without recourse. Blizz has done pretty well in giving us tools to fight current and future strong decks.

fuck this shit ass pvp. for me its all about the pve
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    My Naxx predictions for the meta; Priests are going to be insane. It's not like they were due for some love since they've been the weakest constructed class for a while. However their new class card coupled with some ridiculous creatures with high toughness and taunt will really make them shine. Inner Fire and the double health card combo (can't remember the name off hand :P) will both be huge. The 2/8 taunt is just begging priests to abuse it.

I can actually see some nerfs that are targeting priests after a month.

Bow down and prepare to be beat to hell by a 16 year old boy in robes for a while.
    Death Lord is a 3/8 with taunt, not 2/8.

And yeah, their class card is the best but I'll reserve judgment on how the meta changes. People are either going to run tons of silences or none at all given how weak stat wise silence minions are + there being too many things worth silencing versus just running your own crazy deathrattle deck.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Spectral Knight says "Not so fast Priest scum".
    What's the difference between any random 4/6 and this particular one, to a priest?

What's the difference between any random 4/6 and this particular one, to a priest?
    Exactly, like a more expensive yeti to a priest. The turn 3 16/16 Deathlord thinks that your turn 5 4/6 is pretty cute though. (3 card combo on turn 3, not unheard of at all <_< )

And Trubo:

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Direct removal and silence cards value will skyrocket.
    The only thing i miss is a Sapphiron legendary
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

15+ Year Old Account
    This is absolutely no different to a priest trying to buff up a Lightwell/Lightspawn.

There's a reason no-one goes for those combos any more.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    There are a few cool combo's with Priests but none of this actually changes the inherent problem with Priests - that they rely too much on RNG and crazily unreliable Divine Spirit/Inner Fire combos. I think there'll be a bit of a rise in Priests but nothing too drastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which random 4/6's? there are none that I know of. I assume you know of Priests difficulty with 4 attack mobs, due to Shadowword Pain/Death only hitting 3 or smaller and 5 or bigger attack minions? That makes this a VERY hard minion to deal with in the first place. Add to that that this minion cannot be hit with spells and Hero powers anyway and things like Holy Fire and Auchenai + Hero power become useless as well. Can't Mindcontrol it either till turn 10, so that leaves only the option of trading minions against it.

Granted, everybody has this problem, but they can silence + removal it, while the priest will still lack such an option. Best option for Priests to deal with this card is probably to run one of theri own and use that to trade with the opponent's Spectral. That's a VERY specific way to have to deal with 1 card though.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, like a more expensive yeti to a priest. The turn 3 16/16 Deathlord thinks that your turn 5 4/6 is pretty cute though. (3 card combo on turn 3, not unheard of at all <_< )
    Euh, and how exactly were you envisioning that 3 card combo at turn 3 with only 3 mana, when the minion itsself alone costs 3 mana?

Deleted
    Euh, and how exactly were you envisioning that 3 card combo at turn 3 with only 3 mana, when the minion itsself alone costs 3 mana?
    Turn 2: Coin + Deathlord
    Turn 3: Double HP+Inner Fire

Not being able to Holy Fire it I guess.

Which random 4/6's? there are none that I know of.
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/627-spiteful-smith

Also druids, but they're not neutral I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    Turn 2: Coin + Deathlord
    Turn 3: Double HP+Inner Fire
    So not only a 3 card combo, but also the provision that you can start second as well. That's not a very reliable way to build a deck. Even if you have the cards you'll generally only have 50% chance to pull it off on turn 3. In which case you had the luck to draw all 3 cards you needed AND had the luck to go second, while *I* only need enough luck to draw my Ironbeak Owl before turn 3.

The other 50% of the time you'll only get the combo on turn 4, in which case you give me the opportunity to also draw into my Spellbreaker before then.

How many people do you see run this specific Inner Fire combo in current HS? Answer: you see very little of them cause it's a gimmick that is not consistent and easily counterable. Not enough will change in Naxx to make it any more viable then.

And Trubo:
    Weird, could have sworn it was 3/8 when I saw it earlier. Still, not too shabby for an early taunt minion.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/627-spiteful-smith

Also druids, but they're not neutral I guess.
    Forgot about Smith. >.< He's a menace too, ask any Priest xD

And yes I was thinking of neutral ones, though Druid of the claw has the same problem, Priests HATE to see that card.