Thread: 50% Resto Haste

50% Resto Haste

I'm around 585 item level now on my main raiding toon and I'm curious if anyone has tried out and likes the 50% haste point. I'm still sitting at the 30% point, but I'm wondering if 50%+ crit(fully buffed) is a bit overkill...I'm thinking about dropping some crit for haste and work the 50% haste point. Any fellow resto shamans tried this out? Do you like it versus crit stacking?

I'm doing 25 man heroic content and I usually heal with 1-2 disc priests, 1-2 druids and potentially another resto shaman will be added to the mix.

Haven't tried 50%, but have tried ~41% (the RT breakpoint, don't remember the exact number).
    Wasn't overly impressed to be honest. You get blazingly fast casts and great ascendance, but at the same time your mana consumption skyrockets and you have to be very careful about it. Tried it once with 2 discs and once with 1 disc, didn't notice a real difference between both cases.

What I did notice though is that if some other healer dies and you're left 3 healing it, then that excess haste actually works somewhat against you as you'd prefer bigger heals and steady mana levels instead of faster heals and wild mana dips.

Although I saw other people who were quite fine with high haste resto. So it's more up to personal preference I guess, even though it's almost definitely a raw throughput loss

Currently we raid normal only.....so not much heroic exp but I do run with the 50% break point I trump all the heals in 25 man and 10 I can solo heal all of the instance. (we have a second healer come with us mostly to gear them up for moving to our second group last week the new monk did a staggering 50khps for the whole raid). I find that mana becomes more of an issue when I favor haste over crit. In a full crit build I can't waste my mana fast enough. With the 50% break point there is a SLIGHT possibility that I may need to drop MTT. If your healing team is SOLID then I'd go Haste. Faster twitch healing and more HPS on your Rain. If its a little less than solid I would say go crit. If its not so good (read: if your gearing a bunch of tards cause your guild leader thinks you need to do normal so you can boost numbers before WoD) then I would tend to favor mastery and see how many WoL top healer slots you can grab.
    Net+, A+, MCDST, Security+, CCNA, BASc

I tried the 50% haste out on shamans/nazgrim/malk and my hps seemed pretty similar to my previous crit build...but yes, dropping 8-10% crit to get the 50% haste does effect mana regen/levels so I was pretty much expecting that to happen...I was fine on shamans/nazgrim but had some mana issues on h malk...nothing major...I think I'll stick with the 50% haste for now and into next week for farm content and see how it goes.

I occasionally heal heroic thok on my shaman ( frost Mage other fights). If this is the only fight I need to worry about should I go 50% haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    I occasionally heal heroic thok on my shaman ( frost Mage other fights). If this is the only fight I need to worry about should I go 50% haste?
    I could debate any of the secondary stats for that fight. But I think I would prefer crit/mastery for that fight. I know I will get flamed but mastery really does help you not get a phase 2 for quite a while. On normal we push 65-70% before the tank cant take the debuff any more. With a haste build I find we can only do about 40% but I am almost solo healing the fight so my value would be different if you have 2 competent healers with you.
    Net+, A+, MCDST, Security+, CCNA, BASc

Quote Originally Posted by Henean View Post
    I could debate any of the secondary stats for that fight. But I think I would prefer crit/mastery for that fight. I know I will get flamed but mastery really does help you not get a phase 2 for quite a while. On normal we push 65-70% before the tank cant take the debuff any more. With a haste build I find we can only do about 40% but I am almost solo healing the fight so my value would be different if you have 2 competent healers with you.
    Agree for Thok actually, 50% haste isn't needed to cast in between roars, and I can't imagine squeezing out two AoE heals (Like, two chain heals) being really possibly in between roars with 50% haste. I honestly can't recall off the top of my head and I logged off in my off spec, but I believe I'm near whatever haste cap is near 30% and I can use a healing rain or chain heal between roars just fine.

Overall, not sure, haven't reached 50% haste yet but I think I can try since I just got the HWF chest from Paragons with quite a bit of haste.

I raid w/ 2 shamans and one of them will be working on H Garry until we finish the encounter...any 25m H Garry resto shamans out there that have any suggestions on the type of build to go for on this fight? Been looking around the net some but can't seem to find any info specific to my dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyspice View Post
    I raid w/ 2 shamans and one of them will be working on H Garry until we finish the encounter...any 25m H Garry resto shamans out there that have any suggestions on the type of build to go for on this fight? Been looking around the net some but can't seem to find any info specific to my dilemma.
    I use 9100 haste > crit > mastery > spirit > haste and it works just fine for H Garry 25 and 10, currently healing with a disc priest, resto druid, and holy paladin and I tend to land second on the meters next to the disc priest. I don't think the 15k haste breakpoint is worth it personally, the extra tic of HR is nice but the loss in throughput otherwise just isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyspice View Post
    It highly depends on tactics you employ.
    If you stack on p1, then your stacked cds (AG and Ascendance) coupled with some mastery works out great (no need to go crazy with mastery though).
    There's also some downtime during intermissions, which allows you to regen a lot of mana (lowering the overall value of crit). Don't get me wrong, crit is still great there, it's just not 4:1 better than mastery.
    Don't feel that haste has a lot of value on this fight. It's not a bad stat, just worst of the three on this particular fight. Still, don't go below HR breakpoint, or HTT breakpoint in case of troll (that HTT breakpoint is 200% worth it).

Tips for 25hc garrosh is too run high haste in the 50%ish and conductivity. Conductivity is great in the intermission because it lets you only cast 1 healing rain and keep it up the hole time while you can spam chain heals.

Heres my logs running conductivity anyways

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...est/#boss=1623

Deleted
    ^You're running with only 3 healers though. I've not been able to get a glance Garrosh 25hc yet, but is that a common set up? I can imagine it might be a lot less effective when running with more healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Tips for 25hc garrosh is too run high haste in the 50%ish and conductivity. Conductivity is great in the intermission because it lets you only cast 1 healing rain and keep it up the hole time while you can spam chain heals.

Heres my logs running conductivity anyways

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...est/#boss=1623
    Yea look at you're healer comp you aint runnin with 2 disc priest or 1 disc 1 hpaly. its all Hps classes.. Conductivity is shit with any disc priest or hpaly in the raid.

I ran H Garrosh at 571 ilvl 25m back in Feb. I ran with 50% haste, ~9.3k spirit, 50% mastery. We 3 healed it like the other person in here. We ran double rsham and one disc for all four of my kills. I had the highest throughput running EM and Conductivity. Mind you I ran EotE normally so I didn't have to change stats to get back to 50% haste. I believe the reason I ran Elemental Mastery was for the burst healing it gave, since this fight is pretty much pure burst healing. I ran Conductivity because I didn't see my HST high up on the meters in the first place, and I was having issues having HR down for the important parts while using it on cd. It was consistently falling off during whirls. A solution could be just timing them better, but I felt like the next reason was important enough anyway. For the annihilates it also helped to have the increased uptime on healing rain as well.

EDIT: I just ran AG on normal 25m 2 healing it and it felt much nicer than conductivity. I might try solo healing it next week with AG too. Still ran EM though. AG was 10% of my healing done, with probably sub-optimal use (a 2 minute cd on a resto shammy? What blasphemy is this???) due to it being my first time running it as resto.
    Last edited by SH4D0WS1N; 2014-07-25 at 06:50 PM.