Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Warlock racials in WoD (New info)

Allright, since there was a thread mentioning them allready, and since this is probably a good subject for us to discuss with no other class changes yet revealed, I decided to make this thread for Warlock racials in WoD.

The proposed new racials as they were tweeted out by Celestalon tonight:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Alliance Racials

Humans lose the Mace/Sword racials. The Human Spirit becomes +X to two secondary stats of your choice. (Source)
    Change to Human Spirit seems really cool. Can you talk about the interface for choosing which secondary stats it'll give you?
    Still designing it. Probably a flyout button of some sort (like Rogue Poisons, Mage Portals, etc) (Source)
    The idea is interesting, but are you worried it will be too strong since it's customizable? Or just needs proper tuning
    The downside is that it's split between two. If haste is your best stat, 1% haste is better than 0.5%haste + 0.5% crit. (Source)

Weapon Specialization racials are removed because Hit/Exp are removed. (Source)

Draenei's Heroic Presence is now +X to your primary stat. Gift of the Naaru heals for the same amount but over 5sec. (Source)

Night Elves' Quickness also increases movement speed by 2% passively. They also got a new passive which is quite unique... (Remember, no more haste breakpoints!) Touch of Elune, a new passive which grants 1% Haste at night, 1% Crit during the day. (Source)
    Might annoy some specs that benefit from one stat but not another (e.g. feral druids benefit from crit, but not haste)
    We're making sure that everyone benefits from them. (Source)
    Shadowmeld is unchanged. (Source)

Gnomes' Escape Artist dropped to a 1min CD (from 1.5min), and Shortblade Specialization became Nimble Fingers, 1% Haste. Also a tweak to Expansive Mind. Was +5% max Mana. Now +5% Max Mana, Energy, Rage, or Runic Power. (Source)

Darkflight is staying unchanged. (Source)

Dwarves lost Crack Shot and Mace Specialization. Gained Might of the Mountain, a passive which adds 2% Crit Damage and Healing. Also a change to Stoneform: Also removes Magic/Curse. HOWEVER, it still cannot be used while CC'd. (It is still NOT a CC-break) (Source)

Horde Racials
    Undead are seeing relatively few changes. Tweaks to the scaling rate of Touch of the Grave, and WotF to 3min CD (up from 2). (Source)

Blood Elves gain Arcane Acuity, a 1% crit passive. Arcane Torrent now restores 20RunicPower, or 1HoPo, or 3% Mana. (Also, Rage and Chi) (Source)

Orcs were one of the outliers we brought down. Lost the Axe Specialization, and Hardiness is 10% Stun reduction (down from 15%). (Source)
    Blood Fury is unchanged. Every Man For Himself, we're still evaluating. Itemization changes may mean no nerf needed. (Source)

Tauren's Endurance becomes +X Stamina. Brawn is a new passive which increases Crit Damage/Healing by 2%. (Source)

(Troll) Can you tell us what exactly will be changing with the Troll racial Berserking?
    Reduced to 15% Haste (down from 20%). (Source)

Will there be any changes to Worgen and Goblin racials?
    Not much. They were about at baseline. Time is Money becomes real 1% Haste, not just attack speed / cast speed. Subtle diff. (Source)
    EDIT: 17th of July: Human racial changed (again) to: "The Human Spirit has been redesigned. It now increases Versatility, scaling with character level."

So, what are you rolling in WoD, based on this? Do you hope they still change things based on performance/feedback? Are you going to wait for more models to come out, and let that be the deciding factor?
    Last edited by xskarma; 2014-07-18 at 12:14 AM.

Kinda hard to judge without class changes, but assuming nothing changes probably human for Mastery. That said I'd guess Draenei with the straight Int bonus would be better at the beginning with little gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Kinda hard to judge without class changes, but assuming nothing changes probably human for Mastery. That said I'd guess Draenei with the straight Int bonus would be better at the beginning with little gear.
    Except we still cant be Draenei I hope they change this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Draenei Warlocks, I wish. /waggle

The Human racial fly out button idea would make it the best you could probably have when considering spec changing. You could change what stats to boost at all times, meaning you are ideally suited for whatever your spec or the encounter needs. It's not much at 0.5% x2 but it sure beats having no say in the matter at all and only sometimes having the stats you want.

if it was today, blood elf. let's see what they do with touch of the grave scaling, orc is a good call if we use pets again

10+ Year Old Account
    Very happy with my undead thank you very much.

i dont choose race based on racials, and neither should you

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're more concerned about raid performance than aesthetics, then there's nothing wrong with being selective based on the racials available.

Its too early to say...human is the custom option. Probably best overall if they leave in EMFH. Locks have always liked haste so gnome may be a winner with the escape artist thing being a bonus for pvp where snares/roots/melee have been a historic weakness. Maaaaaybe dorf due to the crit damage scaling by the end of the next expac.

My Blood Elf lock is crying manly tears of joy.

I've always managed to be competitive before, and even more so now.
    Last edited by Xorn; 2014-02-28 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by styxz View Post
    except we still cant be draenei i hope they change this
    doh!

WotF up to 3 min, and they are only thinking about changing everyman? Seriously?

Humans are already like 70% of the alliance, now with an amazing dps buff its gonna be pushed to 99% humans.

Giant nerfs to horde racials and massive pvp/pve buffs to alliance. they went overboard.

I don't do heroic raids, so min/maxing isn't really important to me. That being said, i'll still base my race off of lore/rp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    WotF up to 3 min, and they are only thinking about changing everyman? Seriously?
    Celestalon said "Itemization changes may mean no nerf needed." Since they are designing the whole thing, and we have no clue yet about the gear we'll be getting they might be right and the new trinkets might not be significant enough to make Humans stand out anymore. We'll get all the chance in the world to try the changes in WoD beta. I'm sure that if EMFH stands out as the superior choice still that they'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post

Humans are already like 70% of the alliance, now with an amazing dps buff its gonna be pushed to 99% humans.

Giant nerfs to horde racials and massive pvp/pve buffs to alliance. they went overboard.
    WotF doesn't share a cd with trinkets. EMfH does.

My Warlock will stay goblin
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2014-02-28 at 06:26 AM.

I'll change for Orc based on this, but maybe Undead if they really buff it up.

My third choice is the Glamorous Belf.

Looks like the list everyone thought was fake was actually legit, OT this doesn't look like balance which is really what they should be aiming for when considering racials. Now a lot of people who were alliance and went horde for racials are gonna spend big bucks swapping back.. all racials should be utility, with no dps gains.

Blizz keeps saying they want people to play whichever race they want and not feel like they should change based on racials, but everything they do in this regard seems to be contradictory.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2014-02-28 at 06:51 AM.

To a skilled player none of this racial comparing actually matters, and there is no ''have to race''

If you can't make up for some 0.10% difference i got bad news. And even so, the difference is so small anyway, it's virtually zero impact any way you go.

I've always been a Blood Elf which has zero racial benefit to a Lock and it's never been a issue or factor.
    Last edited by DarkArchon; 2014-02-28 at 07:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lawls at switching races for a marginal 0.10% performance increase. Because that extra 1k is really pushing the threshold HNNNGGGG. How about wait until the character models are all done, and then choose on the sexiest. Really want to see how blood elves will be changed especially the males, they need some testosterone.

Yeah, people should pick what they like the most based on looks, animations etc....Going against your will only for a tiny tiny DPS increase, people like that take the game way to seriously and need therapy imo.