Possibility of people going to Alliance in WoD?

I don't know why, but there have been these rumors of people perhaps switching to Alliance in WoD because they will be getting buffed and better racials. Do you think this will happen? Especially with the new WPvP?

I see it happening on my server (Tichondrius) honestly. Unless they change the Human racial, people will more than likely go Alliance.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    War Stomp or nothing.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Maybe. People have been slowly moving over to Alliance on EU since the end of Cata for the better racials. Don't know why NA is still majority Horde, but Alliance racials are arguably even better in WoD so I'd be very surprised if a lot of the people pushing for r1 etc didn't swap factions.

The sad thing is, they buffed all these alliance racials, yet human racial remains the best out there and therefore everyone will still play human.

Dunno what they'er thinkin tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    The sad thing is, they buffed all these alliance racials, yet human racial remains the best out there and therefore everyone will still play human.

Dunno what they'er thinkin tbh.
    WILL OF THE FORSAKEN IS TOO OVERPOWERED IT ABSOLUTELY MUST BE NERFED!!!!!!!!!!

But you're okay, Every Man For Himself. We'll never touch you. We love you.

If it goes live like that, I guess anyone trying to stay competitive will go Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that is why racials should be cosmetic and OOC only at this point in the game's life. They took stat bonuses out of professions so they may as well go one step further to stop rampant faction switching............(oh ho ho ho ho, yeah, we know why they're not doing that now don't we? lol)
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    And that is why racials should be cosmetic and OOC only at this point in the game's life. They took stat bonuses out of professions so they may as well go one step further to stop rampant faction switching............(oh ho ho ho ho, yeah, we know why they're not doing that now don't we? lol)
    Please not. It's retarded how they make many aspects of the game meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canaridra View Post
    I see it happening on my server (Tichondrius) honestly. Unless they change the Human racial, people will more than likely go Alliance.
    tich is 10% good players and 90% sheep and wannabes. they'll do whatever the 10% do..lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by birday View Post
    Please not. It's retarded how they make many aspects of the game meaningless.
    So certain races that feature short OP CD racials makes the game more meaningful eh? Racials that give combat advantages are pretty outdated in today's MMO scene to be honest and for good reason. Blizzard obviously leaves them the way they are for a quick money grab here and there, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a damned fool.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

No, keep the racials as they are. It's fun to have meaningful racials, as long as they're more or less balanced.

However, the human racial is neither fun nor balanced. All they gotta do is exchange it for something else that doesnt unbalance PvE and it'd be great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    So certain races that feature short OP CD racials makes the game more meaningful eh? Racials that give combat advantages are pretty outdated in today's MMO scene to be honest and for good reason. Blizzard obviously leaves them the way they are for a quick money grab here and there, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a damned fool.
    Today's "MMO scene" ? That's not something really good, after seeing the decline in quality over the last 10 years.

No no. Maybe the balance has to be adjusted, but it's mandatory for an RPG in my opinion. Diversity is what this game needs, because there is really none anymore. It feels already boring to me compared to years ago. The whole homogenization kills the game's soul IMO. However i'm pretty sure that they will remove the combat benefits of racials, because that's exactly the way they are going (in general).

PvPers have been faction changing almost every xpac so I'd say yes, probably.