Thread: Moon Base

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You mean, google searches that reveal nutball UFO sites?

I'm finally cluing in where you are coming from. Good grief.
    Not the cheesy conspiracy sites. Although they are an interesting read, that's not what I was talking about.

There are some good, valid resources out there if you dig around a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Not the cheesy conspiracy sites. Although they are an interesting read, that's not what I was talking about.

There are some good, valid resources out there if you dig around a bit.
    Let me call you a liar, okay? You can prove me wrong by pointing to this putative evidence with more than a "dig around a bit".

Oh, and I'm going to want evidence that pictures are CLASSIFIED, not that NASA just hasn't released them. Very different things!

And I remind you that you stated "pictures of the [far] side are classified". Not SOME pictures -- pictures in general. That is demonstrably false:

Last edited by Osmeric; 2014-07-25 at 06:35 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Let me call you a liar, okay? You can prove me wrong by pointing to this putative evidence with more than a "dig around a bit".

Oh, and I'm going to want evidence that pictures are CLASSIFIED, not that NASA just hasn't released them. Very different things!

And I remind you that you stated "pictures of the [far] side are classified". Not SOME pictures -- pictures in general. That is demonstrably false:
    Do you really think I meant ALL pictures? I never said all.

And yes, there are some which are still classified because of the alien mining operations and bases they don't want us to know about.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because people are arguing about this for some reason. Here is one of, if not the most highly detailed real-color images of the entire Lunar surface.

http://laps.noaa.gov/albers/sos/moon...lor_brim16.jpg

That links directly to the Lunar map hosted by NOAA - The National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration who are the people who track and categorize oceanic and weather phenomena: hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, and such. The image is a massive 8k resolution. Pretty friggin detailed. Can we stop arguing about what the far side of the moon looks like now?

10+ Year Old Account
    And yes, there are some which are still classified because of the alien mining operations and bases they don't want us to know about.
    You know what they say: put up or shut up.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Please show me the evidence that would refute the reasonable inference that you are insane.

- - - Updated - - -

You said "picture of the [far] side are still classified". Not "some" pictures, but pictures as a category.

In english, when we make a simple present tense statement like "Dogs are mammals", the statement is treated as universally quantified, with an implicit "all".

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7317901_ca...tatement_.html
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2014-07-25 at 07:12 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    For starters, the moon really doesn't have good soil for building in/on. Second, there's really nothing useful to be mined out of the moon. Colonies for living and dragging asteroids back from the asteroid belt would be much better.
    Actually, this.
    Bringing an asteroid back to the moon and deliberately throwing it into the surface (if a way that most of the bigger bits would stay rather than bouncing off) would be pretty viable (if a little extreme). We move mining operations in and they have a fairly viable amount of gravity to work with (much easier than space). Eventually building a "space dock" in lunar orbit, bring down a few more asteroids and building ships would get a reasonable bit easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Actually, this.
    Bringing an asteroid back to the moon and deliberately throwing it into the surface (if a way that most of the bigger bits would stay rather than bouncing off) would be pretty viable (if a little extreme). We move mining operations in and they have a fairly viable amount of gravity to work with (much easier than space). Eventually building a "space dock" in lunar orbit, bring down a few more asteroids and building ships would get a reasonable bit easier.
    Actually, I was suggesting we mine the asteroids, not use them to tear holes in the moon. Asteroids tend to have much more valuable and useful metals in them, while the moon is really just a big ball of dirt.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Actually, I was suggesting we mine the asteroids, not use them to tear holes in the moon. Asteroids tend to have much more valuable and useful metals in them, while the moon is really just a big ball of dirt.
    It's not just a big ball of dirt. There is a huge amount of iron (among other elements such as titanium). That's what the aliens are mining.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    aaaaaaaaaaanyhow...
    The moon... That rather boring dirty rock.... Reading the thread, I started to wonder.
    What do our space experts propose in regards of safety? I mean building something blabla.... all nice and dandy. Did you guys overlook a minor detail?
    That damn thing doesn't have an atmosphere. It doesn't have a protective shield? Anything, and everything aiming at it, hits it with nothing to stop it.
    There was a meteor impact last year, as strong that it was observable from Earth..
    No atmo = build underground. There is you meteor protection No "shield" required. Your chances of actually being hit by a meteor are still pretty slim, let alone a big one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just a big ball of dirt. There is a huge amount of iron (among other elements such as titanium). That's what the aliens are mining.
    Final chance to put up or shut up before I just place you on ignore.

Just, be kind.

Well, I figure it's easier to down the asteroid on the surface rather than having to keep ferrying back and forth between orbit and surface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Final chance to put up or shut up before I just place you on ignore.
    Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean everyone shares your same view. I have been researching this kind of thing for years because it fascinates me. There are a plethora of websites and resources out there with all kinds of information related to this phenomenon. Not just the oddball conspiracy websites either. There are a lot of high quality well-written and well-researched documents floating around. Perhaps if you open your mind and spend a little while reading through it, you may start to see some pretty compelling evidence. Or at least you can admit to the fact that it's not out of the realm of possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a must if we ever want to get off this rock. Establishing a colony on the moon is the first step to spreading through the solar system and then the galaxy.
    Putin khuliyo

Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean everyone shares your same view. I have been researching this kind of thing for years because it fascinates me. There are a plethora of websites and resources out there with all kinds of information related to this phenomenon. Not just the oddball conspiracy websites either. There are a lot of high quality well-written and well-researched documents floating around. Perhaps if you open your mind and spend a little while reading through it, you may start to see some pretty compelling evidence. Or at least you can admit to the fact that it's not out of the realm of possibility.
    So that's a no?

Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean everyone shares your same view. I have been researching this kind of thing for years because it fascinates me. There are a plethora of websites and resources out there with all kinds of information related to this phenomenon.
    Just not any that you can link to. Convenient, that.

Most likely, you are either lying outright, or your "evidence" is BS bouncing around the fringe internet echo chamber, and you don't want to link it because deep down you realize how absurd it is to call that "evidence".

Deleted
    Every time I come around this topic, I think about this:

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It's a must if we ever want to get off this rock. Establishing a colony on the moon is the first step to spreading through the solar system and then the galaxy.
    All you have to do convince America that there is a cost effective oil supply on Pluto. Then you just sit back and watch the Freedom Train roll out.

Once 'Murica takes to the stars, China and Russia will follow just so as to not be outdone by we filthy Americans.

Japan will come along also, because they have a Napoleon complex.

10+ Year Old Account

And of course, they classified the Prothean ruins that Curiosity found on Mars . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    All you have to do convince America that there is a cost effective oil supply on Pluto. Then you just sit back and watch the Freedom Train roll out.

Once 'Murica takes to the stars, China and Russia Will follow just so as to not be outdone by we filthy Americans.

Japan will come along also, because they have a Napoleon complex.
    We already spread freedom to the Moon, we put our flag there! FIFTY FIRST STATE!
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "First step" arguments are inherently suspect. It could be that the proposed action isn't a first step, but rather a dead end.