(Possible Spoilers?) Building Choice in Gorgrond Directly affects Quests in the zone

So there has been alot of speculation in the beta general chat of Gorgrond about The choice between the two buildings having an affect on the zones quests.

I have received confirmation that it does indeed decide which quests you get in the zone This "MAY" change in the future since Beta is Beta.

Sparring arena = Rexxar Quest line

Lumber mill = No Rexxar Quest line and no "Breaker's Crown" flightpath in Gorgrond

https://twitter.com/Supernoodlestv/s...27073138663425

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, that's cool and all, but I'm concerned about how much lacking certain FPs thanks to building choices will cause, especially without flying. Getting different quests is one thing, but missing out on quests and not getting FPs is a big deal.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I think you either end up going to do stuff with orcs and Rexxar or going to do stuff with Yrel and rangari as Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde is - You go with Rexxar to deal with the Breakers or you deal with the Primals with the Laughing Skulls.

Though as a note, the zone as a whole still really incomplete, there's several zones with no mobs whatsoever and there's only 2 or 3 chapters.

But you can demolish your lumber mill and build a sparring area after you've done the quests right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Hmmm, that's cool and all, but I'm concerned about how much lacking certain FPs thanks to building choices will cause, especially without flying. Getting different quests is one thing, but missing out on quests and not getting FPs is a big deal.
    You get a different quest set and a different FP instead. By the end you get the same amount of FP's, although they might not be in the exact same spot. Not to worry though each zone is littered with flight paths. and most of them are fairly quick.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Horde is - You go with Rexxar to deal with the Breakers or you deal with the Primals with the Laughing Skulls.

Though as a note, the zone as a whole still really incomplete, there's several zones with no mobs whatsoever and there's only 2 or 3 chapters.
    There's enough quests in the south to get you to 94. My impressions of the emptier area in the NE was that it might be used for end game content. Just speculation on my behalf but there are a couple areas in FFR with level 100 mobs in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But you can demolish your lumber mill and build a sparring area after you've done the quests right?
    Not sure to be honest. Since Gorgrond isn't finished yet it's hard to say. Not to mention that it's an outpost and doesn't effect what you can build for your main garrison. It just effects a few quests a fp and your zone ability. Lumber mill gives you Mechanoshredder 5000. A giant death shredder that shoots blades, has a flamethrower and a jetpack to give temporary flight. P cool ability that
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

You can do quests with Rexxar as Alliance. He's completely neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    There's enough quests in the south to get you to 94. My impressions of the emptier area in the NE was that it might be used for end game content. Just speculation on my behalf but there are a couple areas in FFR with level 100 mobs in them.
    Part of it, sure, but the area definitely wasn't finished, unless Bliz was wrong in some earlier tweets - they said the Horde would interact with Doomhammer some in the questing experience in Gorgrond, and, uh, that didn't happen just yet. Also, tbh if what was in it was it then the Zone is shit. I'm pretty sure they just tuned XP to get you to 94 with what was in there, and that we were more testing Talador than Gorgrond, but Talador was further along than Gorgrond so they just rushed us through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they icreased the xp rate in Gorgrond to move you to Talador for sure. The zone is unfinished quests wise, so they needed to compensate. Astheticly the zone is incredible and pretty much semi done, but a dev confirmed that there are missing chapters still.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post
    Part of it, sure, but the area definitely wasn't finished, unless Bliz was wrong in some earlier tweets - they said the Horde would interact with Doomhammer some in the questing experience in Gorgrond, and, uh, that didn't happen just yet. Also, tbh if what was in it was it then the Zone is shit. I'm pretty sure they just tuned XP to get you to 94 with what was in there, and that we were more testing Talador than Gorgrond, but Talador was further along than Gorgrond so they just rushed us through.
    It's definitely unfinished. As Alliance you go up there with Yrel to stop the Iron Horde's industry, but you never actually fight Iron Horde.

Waiting for a reply to see if this is set in stone or Subject to change

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    When you pick which building/questline you want, the other questline just shows up on the map as the optional bonus quest things. You aren't completely locked out from doing those quests. I was just about to log on to see if you could get the Van Daam follower guy from doing the optionals but the servers are down hah.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    When you pick which building/questline you want, the other questline just shows up on the map as the optional bonus quest things. You aren't completely locked out from doing those quests. I was just about to log on to see if you could get the Van Daam follower guy from doing the optionals but the servers are down hah.
    Oh okay, well that's cool then.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    How would that work ? Bonus objectives are typically "kill 30 of these things" and not a story driven quests with dialog and stuff happening.

You can still pick up quests from the other areas there's just no "go talk to this guy to start the quest chain" type quest from your outpost and it looks like some of it gets converted to bonus quests.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    How would that work ? Bonus objectives are typically "kill 30 of these things" and not a story driven quests with dialog and stuff happening.
    You are exactly right. If you want the story for the other side I guess you'll have to go through again on an alt. I would log on to make sure but servers are gonna be down all day.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-