Page 20 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looks amazing, can't wait to see my fem taur modelled up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    but but... Back hair... they cut it short from the mane/whatever
    Maybe we'll get a... *shudder*... back hair slider.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TaruHanako View Post
    As much as I like the repaints I don't think they will get us pretty far. Blizzard will probably say that these are just the taste of a few people which is actually true since all of the repaints look very different.

I tried a different approach this time making only comparison between the old and new model. Since Blizzard said they want to stay as near to the old model as possible I think this is the way to make them rethink the new model

The nose:

The face

The lips

At last, the major complaint:

Let me know what you guy think.

Although I actually like the tapered nose I have to agree to snuzzle. If they want to stay true to the old model it should be more box like.
    Okay, I sort of agree with you about the nose. They could easily make a skin like that. The other things eg, the chin I think are simply improvements on the old model. There were a lot of janky things about the old models so I don't mind some things changing for the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

As much as I like the repaints I don't think they will get us pretty far. Blizzard will probably say that these are just the taste of a few people which is actually true since all of the repaints look very different.

I tried a different approach this time making only comparison between the old and new model. Since Blizzard said they want to stay as near to the old model as possible I think this is the way to make them rethink the new model

The nose:

The face

The lips

Although I actually like the tapered nose I have to agree to snuzzle. If they want to stay true to the old model it should be more box like.
    This is perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The other things eg, the chin I think are simply improvements on the old model. There were a lot of janky things about the old models so I don't mind some things changing for the better.
    I also like some changes, like the tapered nose other however prefere the box like one. And since the box is true to the old model I won't disagree.
    But you actually like the huge chin? I think it's far too big in general and compared to the old model is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    This is perfect.
    Well then I hope Blizzard will see it But I don't think they go to 20 pages of comments.

I also like some changes, like the tapered nose other however prefere the box like one. And since the box is true to the old model I won't disagree.
    But you actually like the huge chin? I think it's far too big in general and compared to the old model is even worse.
    I think the whole lower face on the old model looks awful, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The nose:

LOVE your whole post. Thanks for taking the time to make it. I tweeted it at Chris G. Robinson (lead art director) and I hope many people will do the same. Since they only seem to listen to twitter.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Taru if you can put that on tumblr I will reblog the HELL out of it

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people that are comparing them to real cows on Earth aren't realizing that they aren't cows, they're Tauren. So they're going to be a little different. Making all the photoshops (which is much easier than modeling it in 3D) is fun but please don't try and force Blizzard into changing their completed models or resort to QQ (like so many people do) when you don't get your way. They could end up making them look worse and they have so much on their plate it's ridiculous. The face variations also may change some of this stuff. They look amazing and about 1000x better than the old ones, very few people disagree with that and the ones that do are completely and UTTERly clueless.

You have to remember, for everything they change, they have to make sure it all works correctly and looks good/natural with every animation and expression you make.

Basically all I'm saying is, don't get your hopes up or your heart set on changes and force yourself to be disappointed with the amazing changes already made when they don't do what you want because, chances are, they're not going to be making many drastic changes after these previews are released.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I think people that are comparing them to real cows on Earth aren't realizing that they aren't cows, they're Tauren. So they're going to be a little different. Making all the photoshops (which is much easier than modeling it in 3D) is fun but please don't try and force Blizzard into changing their completed models or resort to QQ (like so many people do) when you don't get your way. They could end up making them look worse and they have so much on their plate it's ridiculous. The face variations also may change some of this stuff. They look amazing and about 1000x better than the old ones, very few people disagree with that and the ones that do are completely and UTTERly clueless.

You have to remember, for everything they change, they have to make sure it all works correctly and looks good/natural with every animation and expression you make.

Basically all I'm saying is, don't get your hopes up or your heart set on changes and force yourself to be disappointed with the amazing changes already made when they don't do what you want because, chances are, they're not going to be making many drastic changes after these previews are released.
    Overall I am pretty pleased with the new model. Not super amazed or in love or whatever. I have to see how she is animated in game before I give my final decision. Her walk cycle, emotes and combat animations will be the biggest motivators for whether I will like her or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakiel View Post
    It's a great improvement for sure but the face is a bit off and I don't really feel the 'spirit' of the original model in it much at all because of it. Some of the edits posted here look much, much better.

I have a feeling at this stage, there probably won't be any more changes to the models and the best we can hope for is some decent looking face options :/
    Why do people keep saying shit like this? What "spirit" do you see? It looks like it was carved out of a bag of dicks.

The spirit you're referring to is what you gave to the race through years of playing it. You know the face, the model, you've seen it in action...
    But as for an actual face...it's nothing but a low poly, blank ass 2004 model.

If our current models on live were this new one and they "updated" to the old one, would you still say "Oh I love it! It has more spirit! Great job!"?

Nah. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Overall I am pretty pleased with the new model. Not super amazed or in love or whatever. I have to see how she is animated in game before I give my final decision. Her walk cycle, emotes and combat animations will be the biggest motivators for whether I will like her or not.
    Animations are definitely where it's at for me too. Movement is the most important thing. You don't see the front of your character 95% of the time and you're almost always covering your face with something anyways depending on what you're wearing.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people that are comparing them to real cows on Earth aren't realizing that they aren't cows, they're Tauren.
    Just gonna repeat my previous point: the shape of their faces much more closely resembles buffalo than farm cattle.

Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anemicshoe View Post
    This is very true, its people who love the original model for what it was that are asking for these changes. Some people just have the 'ANYTHING IS AN AMAZING CHANGE' attitude going on. While valid it kinda makes it easy to look past these basic things left out.

Heck even I was all blown away and excited when I first saw it, I kept looking though because this is the model im going to be spending HOURS playing, drawing, transmogging etc. Its details are important to me.

It makes me sad to see people calling the old model ugly. I still think my old cows are super awesome still, not enough to not use the new model but I love them all the same :3
    I think part of the problem was that the female tauren were one of the least-played models in the game, so the artists went into it with the mindset that she needed to be improved, and a lot of the players feel the same way. The truth is though, she was just poor fidelity, but her design was fine; now she is high fidelity so people are lauding the graphical improvement while ignoring or just not seeing the changes. I don't think everyone knows female tauren the way her fans do.

The nose:
    http://i57.tinypic.com/netk02.jpg
    The face
    http://i58.tinypic.com/2epmxwp.jpg
    The lips
    http://i59.tinypic.com/v4nswh.jpg
    http://i59.tinypic.com/2up5nqf.jpg

Wow, I think you covered everything! It really shows that it only needs some small changes that shouldn't be unreasonable at this point in time. After all, it is still a WIP, and Blizzard have said they are taking feedback into account. That chin and nose really gotta go.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't get it. We're comparing them to cows because that's what they more closely resembled before. We're using real-life examples to illustrate the creative changes the model has gone through from the Classic model to the WOD model. So yes, we SHOULD expect them to change their WIP model because of these creative changes.

Just because the fidelity is better than the old ones, doesn't mean the model's design is better. How many female tauren do you play?

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Just because the fidelity is better than the old ones, doesn't mean the model's design is better. How many female tauren do you play?
    The word you are looking for is "aesthetics" or "style".

And as always, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are fixes that need to be made (such as the cleft lip, that'd make a huge difference), but some of us folks like the new look.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anemicshoe View Post
    LOVE your whole post. Thanks for taking the time to make it. I tweeted it at Chris G. Robinson (lead art director) and I hope many people will do the same. Since they only seem to listen to twitter.
    Also Taru if you can put that on tumblr I will reblog the HELL out of it
    Thank you SO much! I can't post it there since I don't have twitter C: But I do have a tumblr! (and I stalk you there somtimes .___.)
    here is it

Wow, I think you covered everything! It really shows that it only needs some small changes that shouldn't be unreasonable at this point in time. After all, it is still a WIP, and Blizzard have said they are taking feedback into account. That chin and nose really gotta go.
    Thank you! I hope they change the chin/nose! All the rest, like the bigger hump, the tomato top and the eyes are compared to that just minor things I can live with.

Deleted
    I think people that are comparing them to real cows on Earth aren't realizing that they aren't cows, they're Tauren.
    Except we're not comparing them to cows but to the old tauren model, which had a striking resemblance to cows.

Making all the photoshops (which is much easier than modeling it in 3D) is fun but please don't try and force Blizzard into changing their completed models
    Of course it's easier making these changes in photoshop than making a 3d model. But it's not like they couldn't have gotten it right the first time, considering the differences are pretty obvious. Also why shouldn't we try to change the models? They stated they want the new models to look as similar to the old ones as possible, and they didn't do that on the tauren model. They also stated that if someone doesn't recognise their character after the update anymore then they failed with these models and will redo them. I don't recognise my character anymore, so there you have it.

They look amazing and about 1000x better than the old ones, very few people disagree with that and the ones that do are completely and UTTERly clueless.
    Actually, you're the one who's clueless. Obviously the new models have a higher texture resolution and polygon count, and if that is enough to make you happy, good for you. But they totally changed the design of the face, to the point it isn't recognisable anymore, which for some of us makes the new model WORSE than the old one, so obviously we're going to complain about it.

Oh I'm already disappointed. And I hope they will change this, after all they explicitly promised remaking the models if somone doesn't recognise their character anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The word you are looking for is "aesthetics" or "style".

And as always, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are fixes that need to be made (such as the cleft lip, that'd make a huge difference), but some of us folks like the new look.
    No, pretty sure the word I mean is the word I, you know, said. The aesthetics of the model can still be affected by the fidelity. The underlying design is what we liked.

Sig by Isilrien

If only they could look like this;

I have to admit the female tauren may be my favorite of the new models now.

This is what needs to be done, the one to the far right looks perfect. The current one is just not very good imo, so I think we definitely need to get this forward to Chris, this one image helps explain it all.

Other than the snout and mouth it looks good though, no complaints otherwise whatsoever.

Why do people keep saying shit like this? What "spirit" do you see? It looks like it was carved out of a bag of dicks.

The spirit you're referring to is what you gave to the race through years of playing it. You know the face, the model, you've seen it in action...
    But as for an actual face...it's nothing but a low poly, blank ass 2004 model.

If our current models on live were this new one and they "updated" to the old one, would you still say "Oh I love it! It has more spirit! Great job!"?

Nah. lol.
    Of course no one would prefer the old look to the new one if the new one was the first model, because it'd be too drastic a change. It's not necessarily that the old one is better, even though I personally think so, but it's that people have formed a connection to their characters and how they look, changing them this drastically makes them unrecognizable. Some people have played the same character for 10 years soon and have formed a bond with their character because of that, seeing them change like this is not good in the slightest, it doesn't look or feel like the same character, and that's the point at the end of the day, they're changing how you look in the game itself. It has to look like an updated version of the old design, this isn't the time to be creative and sketch up new designs.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2014-07-26 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, pretty sure the word I mean is the word I, you know, said. The aesthetics of the model can still be affected by the fidelity. The underlying design is what we liked.
    Mixing up words is what causes these discussions to be meaningless. There's nothing wrong with her design. You dislike it, but that doesn't make it erroneous.

Just, be kind.

Actually you're both right (and wrong). Some of the things you are complaining about are part of the aesthetics of the model, and can be changed to look differently by painting over what's already there. You can make a perfect circle model look like a square if you paint it the right way. (Had to do that for a CAD class). But also as you said, there are things with the actual MODEL, the mesh, that is wrong. Like the cleft lip and the large chin, that may need actual adjusting.

Yeah I don't know, I don't get why some people have to get so defensive when being called out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vorpol View Post
    Actually you're both right (and wrong). Some of the things you are complaining about are part of the aesthetics of the model, and can be changed to look differently by painting over what's already there. You can make a perfect circle model look like a square if you paint it the right way. (Had to do that for a CAD class). But also as you said, there are things with the actual MODEL, the mesh, that is wrong. Like the cleft lip and the large chin, that may need actual adjusting.

Yeah I don't know, I don't get why some people have to get so defensive when being called out.
    Because smrund has a history of doing this with my posts, and it's getting irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Mixing up words is what causes these discussions to be meaningless. There's nothing wrong with her design. You dislike it, but that doesn't make it erroneous.
    There's nothing wrong with her OLD design. Her NEW design has been changed. I'm not mixing up words. I mean what I said.

And this is severely off topic, so that's the last I'll say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    If only they could look like this;
    Ugh, no. That looks like Miss Piggy. :P

Sig by Isilrien