Ashes of Alar Drop Rate

Did they up the drop rate of Ashes of Alar to 100%, or did I just get super lucky getting it on my first trip to TK ever?

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Did they up the drop rate of Ashes of Alar to 100%, or did I just get super lucky getting it on my first trip to TK ever?

You got lucky.

No drop-rate buff that I know of. I got mine on my second trip so I think we were both just supremely lucky, cause there are umpteen tales across the Interwebz from folks with hundreds of TK finishes and no mount.
    We were both blessed, lol.

You got very lucky, AFAIK they didn't change the drop rate, it took me about 50 attempts and most of my guildies have been trying longer than me.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't increase droprate on pass mounts i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    You got very lucky. I got mine on my third week of farming it. It varies. I know people who are still farming it since it was current.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    You got very lucky. I got mine on my third week of farming it. It varies. I know people who are still farming it since it was current.
    That's what I was under the impression about but I took a break back in December and just came back, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    That's what I was under the impression about but I took a break back in December and just came back, lol.
    If you want to hear it, i got mine after 63 tries

Afaik they boosted the droprate by alot in MoP.
    Most I know got it in less then 10 tries.

Extremely lucky. It's all RNG. I got 1 half of Thunderfury on my first MC run...it took me 7 years to get the other half. But I got legendary bow and both glaives within first few weeks. Can't complain. It all evens out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Afaik they boosted the droprate by alot in MoP.
    Most I know got it in less then 10 tries.
    It's still the same mate, Only thing is in MoP all classes can solo it, while in cata it was still hard to do so, so in MoP ALOT more pple are farming it.
    No droprate boost.

There's always a chance it's a bug of 5.4.8, but no one here will ever know for sure so assume luck.

You just got lucky, a mate of mine in TBC got Midnight from Karazhan on his first run before he even hit 70 (68 was needed to enter). He tanked and killed it at level 68 and got the mount on the first try by winning the roll... I didn't believe it until I saw it, thought he was mega trolling me. As for Ashes of A'lar, I farmed it a lot and got it during this expansion, it's pretty common these days too.

On my main Warrior I've done hundred (or well over a 100) of Illidan kills since TBC days, and something in the region of 70 since Cataclysm, I've still only got 1 main hand Warglaive and I didnt get that until Cata. Meanwhile I've seen people get both within 2 runs.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    invincible dropped for me on beta , i think they increased the change for trolling reasons