pve or pve gear?

I want to run some BGs after a very long time that I have done pvp. I just subscribed again and I have got full set from the island 496 ilvl, 1 535 ilvl and few pieces 522 ilvl with valor (ring, neck, trinket). So now that resilience is baseline and only pvp power is on pvp gear, what is the difference in ilvl that you chose the pve gear instead of pvp?

I ask because a friend of mine can craft me the 476 ilvl pvp set. The goal is to gear in full 522 from honor and then try my luck in Arena. So is there a "theory" that if pve gear is +x ilvl is better than pvp gear?

EDIT: Thread title meant to be "pve or pvp gear"
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2014-07-26 at 06:24 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

PvP gear is superior in a vast majority of scenarios. There are very little situations where you would want to use PVE gear in a PVP scenario (disregarding WPVP). There are some classes that benefit from PVE trinkets or the legendary cloak based on some maths my friends and I have done, but it is such a small difference that it won't affect anything in the long run. You'd be better off using the gear you have now. 476 gear is pretty abysmal.

^^ thanks. So I ll just be patient until I get full 522 from honor hehe.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Pay 150g per win for a 2v2 boost. 180 conquest points per win, full Prideful gear in a very short while. The BG grind for honor gear just to be replaced isn't worth it if you're looking to get into arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridis View Post
    Pay 150g per win for a 2v2 boost. 180 conquest points per win, full Prideful gear in a very short while. The BG grind for honor gear just to be replaced isn't worth it if you're looking to get into arena.
    I find it a bit hard to say "WTB boost"...I play this game very long and I have some principles in general But thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I find it a bit hard to say "WTB boost"...I play this game very long and I have some principles in general But thanks for the advice.
    If PvP wasn't 100% gear dependent I'd be on your side for sure. But PvP in this game is actually just straight up NOT fun without proper gear, so I've long since stepped away from those principles.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it is 540+, which is the ilvl every pve piece gets downscaled to, with a good socket bonus and extra sockets like for example ordos belts then it is much better than 522 pvp gear. Roughly, the best combination you could do would be 522 pvp weapons, trinkets and 4/5 armor and the rest 540+ pve gear.

I have similar issue. I decided to come back and do some PVP a little. I am leveling new character and I would like to know beforehand. When I am level 90 I plan to get fast timeless gear and go pvp with it. After that, what is the fastest way to get pvp gear? Grinding honor, as I understand crafted PVP gear is s***? And no I am not paying for boosting services, mainly because I am bum with exactly 3k gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    I have similar issue. I decided to come back and do some PVP a little. I am leveling new character and I would like to know beforehand. When I am level 90 I plan to get fast timeless gear and go pvp with it. After that, what is the fastest way to get pvp gear? Grinding honor, as I understand crafted PVP gear is s***? And no I am not paying for boosting services, mainly because I am bum with exactly 3k gold.
    Grinding honor I guess, or team up with a friend who has a tank and spam heroics, and then change the Justice points into Honor, may take a while, and then there is the weekly Celestial boss, two attempts at getting a piece of PvP gear.

yes pve gear really good

Only pvp gear if you dont have to cap stat like haste.