Poll: Death By...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I play melee. Electrified is the only dangerous affix. Guess I'll never be able to drop my Xephirian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    I can't really pin point, but probably something that hits really hard combined with Teleport, usually Fire-Chains.

The thing that kills me the most above all is those fucking Terror Demons, holy shit they get me so mad when 6 of them spawn on me and one shot me. Even with 8m Toughness and nearly 400k HP

Deleted
    Generally anything with Vortex kills me the most, especially Vortex + molten/plagued or when I get vortex'd just as a monster is about to explode after they die

Quote Originally Posted by Myx View Post
    Generally anything with Vortex kills me the most, especially Vortex + molten/plagued or when I get vortex'd just as a monster is about to explode after they die
    this , hundred times this, whenever I dont take teleport skill on my wiz , this is what kills me , and sometimes even when i have teleport. Vortex into a freezing star/bomb right next to a dying molten, this has happened so many times that its not even funny.
    Playing subtlety is like ballroom dancing, just that there is an ugly monster between you and your partner (tank).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...traws/advanced

Vortex itself isn't an issue; it's the shit you get pulled into with vortex. It's an enabler, not the causer.

If I could update my vote, I'd vote for frozen pulse, or other cold abilities, as they are not very visible, especially with aoe's and other dead bodies laying around. Though, of course, at T6, anything will kill you.

I remember pre Ros with my homeless DH with 0 survivability and huge damage it was kill or be killed. But when I met a reflect damage I cried as I literally oneshot myself with my 1 million dmg impale ( back when it was reflecting % damage not a fix one <3 good times NOT).

Deleted
    I mainly play hardcore so i havent died very often. Main culprit i D/C. After that comes Arcane + waller.

The combination of jailer+Waller combo has killed me the most, with the introduction of those legendary shoes that make you run through walls has made it a bit easier for me lately.

Deleted
    Frozen pulse, often combined with a wall. Arcane torrents aren't any problems, as I have the medallion that make them heal me. But those pulses, sometimes Im just retard slow and well, cant get out of it. Aaaand there is a dead Crusader. Again. :I

where's jailer? ever since it was made to deal damage AND jail it's by far the biggest killer, unavoidable damage, really annoying if you're trying to do stuff at high difficulty with sub-par gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    where's jailer? ever since it was made to deal damage AND jail it's by far the biggest killer, unavoidable damage, really annoying if you're trying to do stuff at high difficulty with sub-par gear.
    Eh, Jailer itself doesn't kill me, its a combination of jailer and shit on the ground that I can't move out of.
    Putin khuliyo

I don't think it's really one specific affix. I usually die to stupid random crap. Like when I was leveling I got vortexed onto frozen patches who exploded right when I teleported in. Another day I get walled in by a champion on a staircase and his minions (act 4 demons that fall from the sky) kill me with me kinda being unable to do anything. Then in a rift I get the conduit (the oe that does lighting damage) pylon, rift boss gets summon and I nearly die from his reflect damage. Good thing the boss died before I did I guess... I always run smokebombs these days just to prevent stupid crap like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Eh, Jailer itself doesn't kill me, its a combination of jailer and shit on the ground that I can't move out of.
    Jailer is still escapeable, waller sometimes sets itself up in such a ridiculous way you can't really move anymore, never really got why they changed it from "make some walls" to "spam walls all over the fucking screen" some time ago.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2014-08-18 at 01:18 PM.

I should have added "Gang Raped By Multiple Phase Beasts". Especially in tight corridors. Get surrounded by three or more of those and good luck.

Deleted
    I would say Frozen. It's not the spell that kills me but it stuns me so I can't move! Therefore I blame it.

Deleted
    VORTEX.

Or to say it in other words: some random whatever thing, if I get pulled by Vorterx. Playing Wizard.

Deleted
    As a melee electrified can be a pain in the arse sometimes.

Electrified is the only correct answer!
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

The most costly deaths were usually Arcane Enchanted, by costly I mean Hardcore deaths (most of which happened before Paragon levels were introduced into the game).

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinath View Post
    As a melee electrified can be a pain in the arse sometimes.
    Sometimes? Try it with a demon hunter in your group, no place is safe anymore.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Any combination of Vortex, Waller, Frozen. Being gripped into a walled off area with 4 frozen bombs is just infuriating and anti-fun.

I don't have a lot of issues with arcane unless it's accompanied by tiny corridors and/or waller. The lasers themselves are easy to avoid, it's the movement-impairing affixes that complicate things.