Boomkin on blackfuse belts

Working on H blackfuse 10m and were having some issues with the belts, so im being put on them. As a boomkin its really hard to dps while moving and thats all the belts are is moving. Any boomkins out there have experience doing the belts you can drop on me? Tried treeants but that kills my boss burst and half teh time it seems like they never show up on teh belts. Like they fall off or something. Any advice i can get would help a great deal. Ty

I'm not a moonkin, but i'll try to contribute a bit.

I don't think treants would do well based on my experience using Xuen. The belts are constantly pushing you from one end to the other, and it also makes the object you are trying to kill go mad fast from one end to the other, pets from what I have seen are immune to this "push" effect and will fall behind what they're trying to kill because it is essentially outrunning them. You can see this yourself if someone casts levitate on you while on belt, you can see how much faster those things truck down there and how hard it is to keep up with them (especially as melee).

So based on that, I wouldn't think the treants would be a very good choice.

I will say however your damage on the boss doesn't matter at all. Blackfuse is not a dps race by any stretch of imagination, it's just about executing the mechanics properly, so if you can switch something around to do belts better, it doesn't matter at all how it affects you on the boss.

Also if you're on belts as moonkin, you might as well stay on belts the whole fight and go every belt wave, you can do this a couple of ways with the disengage-like ability, so no reason to ever bother thinking about the boss anyway.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

going for burst talents worked when i tried to do them before, as in go with NV & incarn
    you could displacer past a laser if you really wanted too also, or to get ahead and hav time to cast
    and going wild charge to get onto the belt is semi risky, you have to get in the correct spot always

Yeah, I do the belts every week, but I'm paired with a warlock who does most of the damage, so I'm able to use my cooldowns on the pull and then back up the warlock killing the weapons with dots and Starsurge procs. Are you paired with someone strong or soloing or kind of evenly matched? Because that will make a difference on how you do them.

If you're evenly matched (or if you're soloing, well, kudos to you because I'm not sure I could do it), you're going to have to save CDs. Incarnation on one belt. CA on another. If you're on odds, make sure you get hero/lust before you jump in the first pipe. Starfall works on them, as well. Almost all of my damage to the weapons comes from DoTs and Starsurge procs.

As far as boss burst, though, unless you're paired with someone strong, you're just going to have to let it ride. If your job is belts, then your focus needs to be killing those weapons. Sure, being able to burst the boss down fast makes the fight a little easier, but if the weapons don't go down you don't get to do the fight at all, really.

ETA: Tried Wild Charge, but artem is right, the placement is iffy. My understanding is that hunters have a glyph that allows them to get more distance from their disengage. You can Displacer Beast off the belt if you really want to. I've never had it fail but it scares me to death every time, so I don't usually use it. If you're an engineer, you can also glider off the belt, or you can always just jump in the pipe or wait to get gripped off.
    Last edited by ambermist; 2014-07-27 at 03:18 AM.

Dot boss up and save Starsurge procs that shoots you into an eclipse, use your dashes to reach it asap, apply strong dot and nuke away. Rotate your CDs (troll racial + CA and engineer enchant + Incarnation maybe?) and sync them with your buddy (do you only send 1 guy per belt on 10man? dunno). It really shouldn't be a problem to do that with current gear levels.

you should be saving your eclipse (spamming wrong nuke before you go up 1 cast prior to solar or lunar) and save your starfall. Guided stars glyph. Wild charge. DoC is best, but since it's too hard for everyone you can rotation CA and incarn if you'd rather. Main thing is having fresh eclipse/NG/starfall.

Hmm i tried wild charge and it said i wasnt in LoS. Also the burst cd's are great for belt 1 and 5 and 9 but the others i can barely scratch it. Were in progress of raiding right now, im checking in between wipes, up to about 100 now. Im on teh odds with a hunter and he can solo teh first oen so i get to burst boss untill belt 3. Thats why i am considering boss dps, were getting him down to about 45% pre belt 3, so the more teh merrier right? But after i blow my cd's on teh boss on pull the 3rd belt is miserable, the hunter usually does about 75% of teh damage. I cant get more than one starfire cast off in between teh beams so its dot and pray for procs. Just looking for anything that could help me boost my damage. Im multi dotting when possible but my dps on the kill target is so low i cant afford many gcd's on another target. Cd's are back up for 5 then 7 will be a bitch again. Thx for the suggestions ive gotten and ill keep checking for more. Ty again.

i do the belts every week for my 25 man guild i do them the entire fight so the way i figured out how to do the belts efficiently is to save cds for the ones i know i need a cooldown for it helps having one other person who does them perma as well cause you can work cooldowns out amongest your self otherwise make it a team effort with the 3-4 people in the belt team

if the one your killing is in the back then you should have no problem killing it with a cd. if it spawns in the front this is when ill normally use inc/ca since it doesnt happen often me and the 2 hunter worked out a way to have a big for all 3 times it happen besides the one on pull.

once i get up their i dot all of the ones that come before the one im killing and then SS on cd and have mesmerized where i need to be for each laser to be able to glide through and cast when needed.

hope that helps you guys get a kill

I do like all these moonkins that are saying wildcharge is 'iffy'
    In fact its the complete opposite its so easy!

All you have to do is enter the belt and because you have the rebuff you will get chucked out of the belt, Mid flight from the belt Wild charge will be able to be used, this is when you click it and bam you are back on the belt! 100% of the time.. if you fail this you fail life lol I just don't understand all these moonkins... ' you need to get the placement just right'

Seen as you are with a hunter, It really shouldn't be a problem to kill those belts, like others have been saying take NV and Incarnation and stagger your cd's! Just remember as you are not on the boss as you should be on the belt 100% of the time with the hunter you can use another potion as another cd. Plan them with your hunter to make sure that you always have a CD up for each one.
    Our first kill the hunter solo'ed the first belt with BL and potion etc, 2nd belt CA was used as its a very powerful CD dotted them all 100's of SS procs then i just rotated NV Incarnation, Potion, NV , CA , Incarnation etc!!
    Good luck

Thanks for all the replies. We didn't kill it but got it to 35%ish, so were getting there. Gonna try the wild charge thing on Tuesday. Hopefully i don't fail. Stopped on 101 wipes so by the numbers were about 50 attempts from a kill lol. Wish it was that easy ><.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally i think there are much better classes to send on belts than boomies. We're better off on main platform.
    Hi

yeah I totally agree there, but we have tried several combos in the last 100 wipes and we decided this was best. Here is the scenario.

Our raid comp is:
    Blood dk
    brewmaster monk
    disc priest
    resto druid
    hunter
    hunter
    rogue
    enh shaman
    fire mage
    boomkin ( me )

Our mage and shaman do more dps than i do, were all about 380 i lvl, they do 400k-450k on the floor while i do about 375k. both hunters and rogue are on belts, we have been rotating 2 ppl at a time, no disengage tricks or anything of that sort, just mechanics. So with that said, the 2 highest dps stay on the floor and i am the 4th belt goer. It really sucks as a boomkin but for the comp and strat its whats best. That was with me nuking boss with my cd's instead of saving them for belts, so i might reccomend me and the hunter do it all the time and do a cd rotation. Not the ideal thing for a boomkin to do but if its what gets the boss to 0% hp im all for it.

Wait... Your group has 2 hunters?

Why aren't both these hunters doing every belt?

If you dedicate 2 dps to belt 100% of the time, they can do it oh-so easy and hunters are THE best class for taking care of belts. They can go up on every belt, they do great damage and don't suffer from movement, etc.

If it was my raid, both those hunters would sit on the belts full time while everyone else nuked the boss. There's like 3 different methods for hunters to do every single belt, even if they fail at one type surely they could pull off one of the other types. It's not that hard.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.