5.x vs 6.0 : Mage Direct Stats Comparison

Figured people might be interested in direct 6.0 impact on their characters.

I have an Arcane Mage (Schwarzkopf)

Here is a screen cap from MoP and Wod with identical gear/setup etc.

Even without reforging, my Mastery has shot up dramatically, my crit has shot up (that's the stat I'd reforged to mastery most) - the only big loss is haste which isn't my main stat, and thus hasn't benefited from WoD mechanics to overcome the to haste reforging I had.

Anyone else with other specs, maybe higher iLvl gear etc want to post ?

Well Mastery shoots up due to the Mastery Attunement (whatever it's called), and Crit as well since all your reforging is gone. In addition, you'll get some bonus stats from your Hit/Expertise turning into secondary stats (as well as Multistrike and Versatility, which is why you have 6.79% MS).

So it's to be expected that everyone's attunement stat and worst stat (excluding MS/Vers) will go up, and their middle stat will go down. The only ones I see being greatly affected from the transition will be any spec that has MS or Vers as an attunement because MS/Vers isn't on a lot of Siege pieces (Hit/Exp turns into one of the 5 stats), so you don't get as much of a benefit from the bonus scaling. Curious how bad Frost will be during 6.0 due to that.

Good post overall though, and damn that spellpower loss is crazy! (Never really bothered to look at side-by-side comparisons. Finally seeing it really shows you the power of the squish)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Good post overall though, and damn that spellpower loss is crazy! (Never really bothered to look at side-by-side comparisons. Finally seeing it really shows you the power of the squish)
    I think the most interesting comparison there is Health/SpPower ratio has shot up from 14.6 to 38.9, demonstrating the effective health double they were referring to.

Also shows the base mana regen for me going up from around 6% of mana to around 10% of mana, pretty much exactly the 75% RoP used to give me.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2014-09-21 at 11:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's to be expected that everyone's attunement stat and worst stat (excluding MS/Vers) will go up, and their middle stat will go down. The only ones I see being greatly affected from the transition will be any spec that has MS or Vers as an attunement because MS/Vers isn't on a lot of Siege pieces (Hit/Exp turns into one of the 5 stats), so you don't get as much of a benefit from the bonus scaling. Curious how bad Frost will be during 6.0 due to that.
    On one of those raid boss dummy toys you can drop from Pandaria, my friends and I all tested our damage. As Fire gear at 585 I was doing ~17k on average, Frost gemmed and geared was at ~14k over 5 minutes for each. Had every buff but Spell haste I believe. Did not get to try Arcane. Fire seems significantly better at 6.0 90, however I think it would have been fairly easy to predict that.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    It all goes downhill pretty quickly as you level. Had a Fire mage in 580 ilv gear which at lv 90 gave almost 50% crit in Beta, but by the time I got to lv 95, crit dropped to about ~35% and by lv 100 it was down to ~20% but then I found the vendor selling Heroic tier gear so that bumped me back up. The enchanced pyrotechnic perk (5% stacking crit on non-critting FB) does help quite a bit. Also 4pc T17 is amazing for Fire, 6s worth of instant pyroblasts!
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was you MoP screenshot with the armor haste or no?
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Deleted
    Well Mastery shoots up due to the Mastery Attunement (whatever it's called), and Crit as well since all your reforging is gone. In addition, you'll get some bonus stats from your Hit/Expertise turning into secondary stats (as well as Multistrike and Versatility, which is why you have 6.79% MS).
    Just to be correct, the 6.79% MS come from Kardis' Toxic Totem to adapt the current proc. There isn't any Hit/Exp converted to Multistrike or Versatility on SoO items and there won't be MS / Vers gems on level 90.

Hint: You should look through all your gems as e.g. Crit+Hit gems will only have +10 Crit instead of +20 Crit (old blue +320 hit gem --> new +20 crit gem) with 6.0.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2014-09-22 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Also shows the base mana regen for me going up from around 6% of mana to around 10% of mana, pretty much exactly the 75% RoP used to give me.
    You have extra Haste though so your mana regen goes up because of it. You'd need to compare 0% Haste Live to 0% Haste PTR to get a more accurate reading.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    On one of those raid boss dummy toys you can drop from Pandaria, my friends and I all tested our damage. As Fire gear at 585 I was doing ~17k on average, Frost gemmed and geared was at ~14k over 5 minutes for each. Had every buff but Spell haste I believe. Did not get to try Arcane. Fire seems significantly better at 6.0 90, however I think it would have been fairly easy to predict that.
    Yeah, I expect Frost to be weaker than the others come 6.0. Also no Water Jet til 92, 94, 96, or 98, resulting in less-than-intended FoF generation. Lower-MS-than-intended results in less BF generation as well. Oh and less Haste and/or Mastery (depends on player's build) than live because we lose all our Haste and/or Mastery reforging, and neither of them are our attunements, so overall, yeah. Not looking too pretty, but 90 6.0 doesn't really matter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    Just to be correct, the 6.79% MS come from Kardis' Toxic Totem to adapt the current proc. There isn't any Hit/Exp converted to Multistrike or Versatility on SoO items and there won't be MS / Vers gems on level 90.

Hint: You should look through all your gems as e.g. Crit+Hit gems will only have +10 Crit instead of +20 Crit (old blue +320 hit gem --> new +20 crit gem) with 6.0.
    Oh really? Damn, that's pretty bluh.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    Was you MoP screenshot with the armor haste or no?
    Both were identical gear - identical spec, identical buffs (MoP had mastery armour, WoD had auto-mastery armour).

Note: Live armoury now has new off hand.