Gearing up a Guardian for PvP

This will be my first time venturing into competitive PvP since vanilla and I have a few Q's about Bear Tanking in RBGs. I was originally planning to go feral but then I started noticing how many ppl were spamming for a Guardian FC. I'm only doing this to earn the Vicious Warsaber. I don't really care about the competition or my rating passed that.

So my question is this: do I spend all my honor/justice getting the intro (522) pvp gear or should I stick with using my full heroic PvE gear? I know it gets scaled down but it would still be higher than 522 and its my understanding we want to stack as much stam as possible.

Or should I use my pve gear to get carried in 2's to earn the 550 gear and then join a RBG team? Not sure how to get started here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually have this same question...
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

Your PvE gear will be about as good as a full Honor set except for the DR from the trinket set and the hefty PvP power on weapon. Which is to say that you're going to be easy kills either way so start grinding a conquest set (with honor pieces to sub in as needed for pvp set bonuses).

Deleted
    get 522 weapon and trinkets (pvp power + dmg reduction setbonus) then start arena (feral not guardian) for 550 gear.

Deleted
    So, is guardian still better for RBG FCing then feral? Been asked to do FCing on my druid, but seeing mixed answers everywhere. They told me feral is better, but seeing they seem to have as much RBG experience as I do (as much as a stick) I dont know.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guardian is better than feral for FCing by far, yes. At the start of season and last season people were playing feral because no one had really tested it.

Feral is still better for base defending because of bubble symbi, which can act as another trinket out of most cc and temproary immunity. But base defending is usually done by you keeping max range and using FoN treants to stop caps.

Then you'll just want to gem/enchant full out stamina and use the Stam/Spell Dmg Reduc Meta

(2500 CR fc here)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crass1096 View Post
    Guardian is better than feral for FCing by far, yes. At the start of season and last season people were playing feral because no one had really tested it.

Feral is still better for base defending because of bubble symbi, which can act as another trinket out of most cc and temproary immunity. But base defending is usually done by you keeping max range and using FoN treants to stop caps.

Then you'll just want to gem/enchant full out stamina and use the Stam/Spell Dmg Reduc Meta

(2500 CR fc here)
    Alright, thanks alot Very helpful!
    Hard to find any kind of druid FCing guide that is actually updated