Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Black Knight Satellite, Interesting If True!

Quick description:

The Black Knight Satellite is an object that is orbiting around Earth that does not have its origin from any space agency (as far as we know). It travels in a retrograde orbit which is considered to be impossible for a natural object caught in Earths Orbit. A retrograde orbit is when an object travels in the opposite direction of the object it is orbiting. (Clarification at end). The coloring of the object also means that it may not be a natural body it appears to be in different colors. Also it reflects radio waves which would be impossible for a natural object.

Many speculate that it could be an alien satellite in our orbit that is here to observe us. Its first discovery predates the Sputnik satellite that is the first man made object in space.

I will now post some sources for discussion.

(A short video that summarizes the object)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Knight_satellite

(possible imagery)

Retrograde Orbit diagram The blue object is earth and the red is the Black Knight.

DISCUSS!

Deleted
    Black Knight also known as the Black Knight satellite is an alleged object orbiting Earth in near-polar orbit that ufologists and fringe authors believe is approximately 13,000 years old and of extraterrestrial origin. However it is most probable that Black Knight is the result of a conflation of a number of unrelated stories
    Fringe authors claim that there is a connection between long delayed echos and reports that Nikola Tesla picked up a repeating radio signal in 1899 which he believed was coming from space. The satellite explanation originated in 1954 when newspapers including the St. Louis Post Dispatch and the San Francisco Examiner ran stories attributed to UFO researcher Donald Keyhoe saying that the US Air Force had reported that two satellites orbiting the Earth had been detected. At this time no man-made satellites had been launched.[2]

In February 1960 there was a further report that the US Navy had detected a dark, tumbling object in an orbit inclined at 79° from the equator with an orbital period of 104.5 minutes. Its orbit was also highly eccentric with an apogee of 1,728 km (1,074 mi) and a perigee of only 216 km (134 mi) At the time the Navy was tracking a fragment of casing from the Discoverer VIII satellite launch which had a very similar orbit. The dark object was later confirmed to be another part of this casing that had been presumed lost.[3][2]

In 1973 the Scottish writer Duncan Lunan analyzed the data from the Norwegian radio researchers, coming to the conclusion that they produced a star chart pointing the way to Epsilon Boötis, a double star in the constellation of Boötes. Lunan's hypothesis was that these signals were being transmitted from a 12,600 year old object located at one of Earth's Lagrangian points. Lunan later found that his analysis had been based on flawed data and withdrew it, and at no time did he associate it with the unidentified orbiting object.[4]

An object photographed in 1998 during the STS-88 mission has been widely claimed to be this "alien artifact". However, it is more probable that the photographs are of a thermal blanket that had been lost during an EVA.[1] Alternatively, people analyzing these pictures have suggested that it could be the Pakal Spacecraft, a supposed Mayan spacecraft written about by controversial pseudoarchiological author Erich von Daniken
    Not really convinced at all, however, that said, please don't anally probe me my alien overlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Not really convinced at all, however, that said, please don't anally probe me my Burning Legion overlords.

Fixed cause of your avatar! Hehehe
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Fixed cause of your avatar! Hehehe
    Oh boy, this only gets better

Really though, where was that image found?

If it was posted on "Totallylegitandnotahoaxorcirclejerkoverimaginaryaliensprobingmeatnight" i don't think it's credible...

Interesting nonetheless, but i think if aliens were really surveying us they'd make sure not to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Quick description:

The Black Knight Satellite is an object that is orbiting around Earth that does not have its origin from any space agency (as far as we know).
    Er, aside from the fact that it very obviously originated from a space agency, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    What little I can find shows no definitive proof that the object exists (much less is 13,000 years old or alien in origin) and is most likely created from overlapping, incorrect stories much like the Loch Ness Monster.

Not saying i believe it or not, but why haven`t there been any investigations into it?
    If this is really true, then it`s a pretty big deal, you would think we would have investigated it by now considering how long its supposedly been there.

I thought conspiracy theories aren't aloud?

Haven't you said that there is no way it could happen? Then you post this crap.. Genn really?

It travels in a retrograde orbit which is considered to be impossible for a natural object caught in Earths Orbit
    Yeah, that is false. Indeed, Saturn has several natural satellites that orbit in a retrograde fashion. There is nothing in physics that prevents an object from being captured and orbiting in a retrograde motion.

Also it reflects radio waves which would be impossible for a natural object.
    Again, outright false. Metals reflect close to 100% of any radio waves that happen to interact with them.

Nothing to see here.

Out of curiosity is it possible to "pluck" an object out of orbit to bring it down to earth to look at?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Out of curiosity is it possible to "pluck" an object out of orbit to bring it down to earth to look at?
    Possible? sure! Will we do it? Nope! Cost too much and would take a long time to execute.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Possible? sure! Will we do it? Nope! Cost too much and would take a long time to execute.
    I would think if it really was some sort of unexplained alien technology every nation would be falling over themselves trying to get it?

Deleted
    Effectively, no. Certainly not something that large without a specialized retrieval system. The shuttles wouldn't be able to accommodate it most likely, and would require a specialized cargo bus style shuttle just to get it to re-enter without damage.

Deleted
    As long as we don't play any minions with Taunt I think our deck will have extra card value against the aliens.

so something like that has not been shooted down? I'm pretty sure that if it was really something no countries on earth own the USA or URSS would have shooted it down long ago, if it still there is man made for sure and the upper echelons know who own it, a spy satellite or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

The satellite holds the secrets of the engineers.

$40 billion marketing promo for Prometheius 2

10+ Year Old Account
    If its in an orbital influence and you apply force in the opposite direction of its movement its distance towards the earth should shrink. You need to get a rocket to it capable of performing it though.

If only having a peak is the goal getting a probe to its location would probably be far more efficient.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-07-29 at 10:04 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    All you have to do is slow it down then it will fall into the atmosphere. But you would lose a great deal of mass from the heat of atmospheric reentry. Unless you could envelop it in some sort of heat resistant ceramic to protect it.

If this is indeed a real object and not a hoax it is almost certainly a simple nickle-iron asteroid that managed to hit the earths atmosphere at precisely the right angle to avoid bounce or burn-up.

It's debris. Evidence on this is dubious at best, I doubt it's orbiting retrograde. Most likely debris from some previous mission.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2014-07-29 at 10:16 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The satellite holds the secrets of the engineers.

$40 billion marketing promo for Prometheius 2
    Movie grosses $120 million.

Considered a smashing success because Hollywood.