Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Talking WoD Trailer on GamesCom confirmed?

just found this on the german blizzard gamescom site:

http://eu.blizzard.com/de-de/company...scom-2014.html

when you take a look at the schedule below, you can see that on thursday at 18.00 a special warlords of draenor event takes place;
    translated from german:

18.00: World of Warcraft: Show & a special Event for Warlords of Draenor
    Stop by for lots of entertainment, insights and free loot ... and a special event for Warlords of Draenor!

also, there will be hold a livestream, but only on friday/saturday and sunday...

it smells like the cinematic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Were we even questioning the release date though? Not to be a dick but I think everyone figured it would be then.

10+ Year Old Account
    man you are fast

thing is that noone confirmed it and still its not 100% sure

The cinematic at Gamescon is very, very likely. That schedule certainly doesn't confirm anything, though.

Blizzard doesn't typically release their cinematics at specific points in development, or a certain amount of time before live release- they tend to target large events for their cinematic reveals. Even if Warlords isn't releasing until October or November, Gamescon is a perfect time to reveal the cinematic.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2014-07-29 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    Literally? Really?

I hope its the CGI trailer and release date of 6.0 patch and then I would love to see the final expan for StarCraft finally announced, I want that game finished so that team can finally move on to another RTS I love so much Warcraft 4!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Literally? Really?
    without it the title wouldve been not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Athaldor View Post
    I think with it, the title isn't accurate. It's not confirmed, this is just speculation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Athaldor View Post
    With it the title isn't accurate. It wasn't confirmed at all. They announced a special event and it's highly likely they'll show the cinematic and maybe even give us the release date. But it wasn't confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dammit, I was hoping this would be the movie trailer. Oh well, the WOD trailer is almost as good.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    whatever; theres no real need to bitch about it. im just delivering the information.

I've edited the title to prevent some of the confusion and slight derailing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I've edited the title to prevent some of the confusion and slight derailing.
    Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they'll be doing a big announcement on what's going to be cut / delayed next? (Excuse me - I meant, tell us, again, about how the WoD was always meant to be that way, but that we customers are so stupid we think things that they tell us are true, forcing them to clarify things like whether or not the new expansion will have zones, raids and dungeons. )
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Would consider it basically a guarantee to see the trailer then. Why release it quietly before the launch on their site when they could drop it at a large media event and get a ton of attention for the new game?

Even if the game doesn't come out til October or November, assuming the cinematic is done, this is easily the best time to drop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    The WoD Trailer is gonna put make most of us beg for WoD to come.
    Blizzard is always so good with their cinematics and trailers they can make even a cinematic about poop epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Wouldnt cinematic come with release date? <.<
    Not going to happen unless they cut more things off WoD which would be disappointing as much as those things making it in the game but late dec/2015 release

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Not going to happen unless they cut more things off WoD which would be disappointing as much as those things making it in the game but late dec/2015 release
    No, Cinematic always comes a few months before launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Maybe they'll be doing a big announcement on what's going to be cut / delayed next? (Excuse me - I meant, tell us, again, about how the WoD was always meant to be that way, but that we customers are so stupid we think things that they tell us are true, forcing them to clarify things like whether or not the new expansion will have zones, raids and dungeons. )
    That axe you're grinding must be sharp enough to slice an atom by now.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    The Cinematics have never been paired with the release date announcements. They've come well before and up to a month after getting the official release date announcement in the past.