Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, why do LFR players need a "legendary" cloak? Shouldn't the cloak be reserved for people who are actually doing legendary things like killing heroic raid bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    All you have to do is calculate how many weeks it will take to get the required items, with a little rng from the easiest garanteed boss kill raid option and poof! you have a "legendary" item.
    Then its been that way since Wrath.

Beating RNG isn't legendary so the legendarys before Wrath was just a pain due to that. Also that rule would apply to thunderfury and the hammer in vanilla as well once u got past the RNG part.

Dam near every legendary has both a RNG and a Item hunt part and it has been this way since legendarys came out. The only ones that didn't was warglaves and the Bow. The mace in Uld was both.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why do LFR players need a "legendary" cloak? Shouldn't the cloak be reserved for people who are actually doing legendary things like killing heroic raid bosses?
    Ok its clear why you made this thread now just to bash LFR.

Why do heroic raiders need a legendary item if they are already so good?????? Logic works both ways.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    My partner, who raids LFR only, has already managed two cloaks and I only ever could bother myself to do one. No, I think it is fine the way it is, really.
    You make somewhat a point here. You clearly showed that there's absolutely no dedication or skill required for these cloaks, a friend of yours which only runs "LFR" already managed to get two of these. All it actually requires is MASSIVE time, which say for a "alt" that you make for example today via the WOD boost would literally be impossible due to the RNG and the time untill the expansion releases..

However, back in the time when we were still gated the stuff was kinda relevant due to doing the stuff once every week anyway, and you eventually had the cloak. However, today we have have to do the WHOLE thing, all over again, which seems rather useless. Shorten the time for the cloak at least by half. I paid 1000G for my dual specc, today it's 10G. Where's my 990 Gold? Exactly. If people QQ, well let them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Seriously?

It takes a time commitment. Normal mode raiding at this point is "mouthbreathing" for me in my 577 item level but that's not a reason to call it welfare.
    Can we get this closed now? Its clear all his intent was is to bash LFR.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

or they could just let ur keep farming vp without a stupid fucking cap.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    The problem isnt the valor point quest for me, but the stupid pvp quest.
    This, and the 12 stupid Titan runes. It's so much fun getting TWO per week :/!

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    or they could just let ur keep farming vp without a stupid fucking cap.
    This.

They plan to not use valor in WOD just remove the dam cap and let people farm as much as they want.

So to your point, a time commitment = legendary?

Wow the definition of legendary item for this game has really gone downhill if that's what we are defining as legendary now days. It used to be extremely rare drops from quite difficult raid bosses. It used to be that the names of the players who had them were whispered about amongst the riff raff of the servers. It used to be an item so deeply lore driven that massive lore writings were written for just that item.

Now, its a time sink.

Thats it.

All you have to do is calculate how many weeks it will take to get the required items, with a little rng from the easiest garanteed boss kill raid option and poof! you have a "legendary" item.
    You must have slept through the vanilla legendaries. They were nothing but luck + sink. No skill involved at all.

I see no reason why the whole process of getting the damn cloak shouldn't be reduced dramatically for players who already got it on at least one character. Either by something similar to what OP suggested or just make the items that you can buy from the "legendary" vendor BoA.

There should be no confusion, the cloak is not legendary.
    It's not hard to get it, it's only about time and RNG. Unlike any other legendary in the game currently, this is the only item that is MANDATORY for raiding (with all due respect, afking in LFR and flex is not raiding). Especially now, when some people are going on vacations and guilds need to fill in a specific roll, people are unable to do so if they didn't start the "epic quest of killing the same 8 bosses again & again & again & again" a few months back. The rep grind isn't even remotely challenging/interesting, all you need is 35 minutes in IoT.

In practice, the "legendary" cloak is pretty much like a weapon enchant. Literally everyone can and did get one and you can't raid without one.

they should have made the cloaks at a account wide vendor for alts after getting the first one or maybe after the 3rd ? or maybe after my 5th? or maybe after killing h-garrosh half a year ago? but instead this expansion gets to go down in my books as the 2nd worst expansion for raiding on alts since BC on a dead/underprogressed server...god it would be nice to be able to roll a new alt to relieve some end-expansion bordom without it being cloak/metaless for so long

edit: i also can't believe people still care about oh god my oranges should be hard to get hurrhurrhurr there are so many people with these cloaks now its beyond the standard to have them on atleast 2 alts on my server for the avg player T.T
    Last edited by alany; 2014-07-30 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was, I think a lot of players would be happy. Since the next expansion is well on its way, players who have gotten the cloak the
    "hard" way have had it for quite awhile, so they've had a "moment in the sun" as it were. It is an accomplishment on their part, and
    they should be proud of it for being the first.

But now, let's let the rest of the player base have a crack at it. This is still an agonizingly long quest chain, especially when you add
    the fact that the stone items from the raids are NOT 100% drop rate. There's still that retarded bullshit to contend with, although
    since we're on the subject, it's equally retarded for Blizzard to not just make the stones a 100% drop.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You must have slept through the vanilla legendaries. They were nothing but luck + sink. No skill involved at all.
    Oh, todays RNG is .. RNG*RNG*RNG*RNG. At least back then it was 1/2 RNG items, today? It's.. shitloads. Did a whole week of raid cuz I thought ill get the cloak.. Guess what? NO SINGLE ITEM, 12 bosses down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then its been that way since Wrath.

Beating RNG isn't legendary so the legendarys before Wrath was just a pain due to that. Also that rule would apply to thunderfury and the hammer in vanilla as well once u got past the RNG part.

Dam near every legendary has both a RNG and a Item hunt part and it has been this way since legendarys came out. The only ones that didn't was warglaves and the Bow. The mace in Uld was both.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok its clear why you made this thread now just to bash LFR.

Why do heroic raiders need a legendary item if they are already so good?????? Logic works both ways.
    Heroic raiders need the legendary to help them pass very difficult challenges. If heroic raid bosses gave 5% buffs that increase with each wipe, then we really wouldn't need it now would we?

Deleted
    Wow the definition of legendary item for this game has really gone downhill if that's what we are defining as legendary now days. It used to be extremely rare drops from quite difficult raid bosses. It used to be that the names of the players who had them were whispered about amongst the riff raff of the servers. It used to be an item so deeply lore driven that massive lore writings were written for just that item.
    In other words its was a SUPRISE! time sink!

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently at 7 cloaks, about to get 8 this week. I work 50-60 hours a week, and also go to school full time. If I can pull off that, anyone working less can get it too.

With the reduction of valor from 6000 to 3000, and alternating weekends of Quest Items and Valor

I see no point in reducing it further.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Heroic raiders need the legendary to help them pass very difficult challenges. If heroic raid bosses gave 5% buffs that increase with each wipe, then we really wouldn't need it now would we?
    LFR/Flex/Normal Raiders need the legendary to help them pass very difficult challenges.....If LFR/Flex/Normal Raid bosses gave 5% buffs that increase with each wipe, then we really wouldn't need it now would we?

Once again ur logic works both ways and there is ZERO reasons why legendarys should be heroic raid only. Even more so since Heroic Raiders already get so much more extra content due to the fact they heroic raid.

The only reason you made this thread is to bash LFR and the Legendary and ur last few replys prove it.

Deleted
    Bunch of cry babies want more nerfs, - to those who like the way it is, respect to you. Legendary should be hard to obtain, I see newbies getting the legendary and even doing less dps then a tank, is this normal? and yes it is single target not aoe.
    Last edited by mmoc2b088a37aa; 2014-07-30 at 04:26 PM.

They don't that is why almost everybody only runs LFR for the pieces you need for the cloak then never goes back on that toon.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    LFR/Flex/Normal Raiders need the legendary to help them pass very difficult challenges.....If LFR/Flex/Normal Raid bosses gave 5% buffs that increase with each wipe, then we really wouldn't need it now would we?

Once again ur logic works both ways and there is ZERO reasons why legendarys should be heroic raid only. Even more so since Heroic Raiders already get so much more extra content due to the fact they heroic raid.

The only reason you made this thread is to bash LFR and the Legendary and ur last few replys prove it.
    Are you mad? Do you think you should have special treatment just because you can click a button and que up and "raid" with 24 other random ppl?

You didn't even answer the question, you just repeated your useless drivel again saying "it goes both ways."

Heroic raiders need the legendary to pass very difficult challenges. LFR is not a difficult challenge as the buff increases with each fail making the bosses effectively fail proof.

That doesn't happen in normal / heroic raids, and hell, even flex for that matter.

Point is, the valor requirement should be reduced to 1000, and the legendary items should only be obtainable in flex or higher difficulties, not LFR.

At this point they could send it directly by mail when you ding 90.

There is no point behind gating it anymore, progress is over for almost nine months.