Page 1 of 67
... LastLast

New blood elf models won't make it to launch

From Chris Robinson's twitter,

"As we near the end of development, it's become apparent that the new Blood Elf models won't be finished to meet our standards before launch."

Well, atleast the other models are looking good

/artofcgrobinson/status/494616925968666626

Other topics discussing this, also he clarified they will be updated ASAP, but then Lore said they won't be in for launch
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I wonder how long after launch we have to wait. But yeah, kinda strange that every other race gets in, even Draenei, but no Blood Elves.

Why in the fuck would they do draeni but not blood elves?

wat

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayperos View Post
    I wonder how long after launch we have to wait. But yeah, kinda strange that every other race gets in, even Draenei, but no Blood Elves.
    Well, draenei are the one of the two main races in the expansion (orcs being the other) so it makes sense to make them look as good as they can be. Blizzard probably figures that blood elves are very popular and already look "good enough" so they are the one race that can be shelved temporarily and put out in a patch.

Frankly, it makes sense, but it still surprises me that they'd do that to such a popular race.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post

wat
    Maybe because Draenei are one of the main races this expac?

Deleted
    Sadface.
    On the bright side, a nice opportunity for Blizz to double-dip in race changes.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post

wat
    Because the Draenei are the main Alliance race in the expansion, and everything you're going to do revolves around the Draenei and Orcs?

It's Warlords of Draenor?

They updated gnomes but not belves strange considering that a lot of horde plays belves and that apparently they are pretty big in the auchindoun story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    Not really. They announced it. Most likely it'll be in patch 6.1.

And not to be a Blizzard defender or w/e, but it makes sense that they couldn't get everything done. Would you rather wait for a model refresh or actually play the next xpac? I know I'm already tired of SoO (though I wouldn't mind a longer 6.0 preWoD)
    Never said it was intentional. But i'm pretty sure there will be people changing to one of the redone races as soon as they're out, only to change (back?) to BE when they're released, even if they know about the release schedule.

God, getting typical from Blizzard. The second most played race not in launch, heirloom tab not in launch, Karabor/Bladespire fort copy pasta, trolling tweets, garrisons changes, what happened to this company/game?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Isn't Blood Elf the most played race for the Horde? Hell, might be the most played race over both factions. I know it has to be pretty high though.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they basically really don't want me to buy the expac, is what Chris Robinson is saying. If they had spent less time making a pointless fucking motorcycle or other stupid shit. They might have actually finished everything by launch. Well this pretty much seals the deal. I was already pretty dead set on not buying this expac before, but I had my mind open if they released decent Belf models.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Lets hope this at least stops all the whining from some Alliance about that damn chopper!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    God, getting typical from Blizzard. The second most played race not in launch, heirloom tab not in launch, Karabor/Bladespire fort copy pasta, trolling tweets, garrisons changes, what happened to this company/game?
    Easy there buddy.

Isn't Blood Elf the most played race for the Horde? Hell, might be the most played race over both factions. I know it has to be pretty high though.
    That's why they want them to look good and take their time.

15+ Year Old Account
    They realized making players wait a year and a half playing the same raid was unreasonable? I dunno, I'm glad. That all can be patched in.

It can be seen like this: "It's already the most played, so people still really like it. It doesn't need as much love as these races which are less played."

Sig by Isilrien

I would they'd at least give Lady Liadrin a unique model but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    They realized making players wait a year and a half playing the same raid was unreasonable? I dunno, I'm glad. That all can be patched in.
    Well, no. We were looking at approximately 15 months. It'll be the next expansion that's at least 18 months after the end of Warlords.

So dramatic.

It is quite funny that you failed to list all the things/features that they did/will complete. unless you are completely uneducated on the matter and only noticed those 4 things that are NYI.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2014-07-30 at 11:30 PM.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Alliance favoritism! Just kidding.

Meh. I can wait.