Is this game going down hill?

im going to start playing this game but if its going down hill and not fun to play anymore i wont even bother sooooo please tell me if you got bored or if no one else plays anymore?

Wait about three months for the expansion to be out. Things will have picked up and the majority of the content will be fresh and available to you.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

pretty much everyone on MMO-champion plays World of Warcraft, and it has around 7 million current players. I wouldn't worry about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Subjective question is subjective. Play and find out for yourself, it's only 15$.

People always complain before an expansion. Then it's out and everyone is playing it.

It's late into the expansion. Game still has 7 million subs. Game will gain a few million during 6.0/WoD. With the feeling of things returning to BC levels and just the story alone should be a relief from the disaster MoP/Cata was (IMO)
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

The community is going downhill more than the game is.
    If the noise was to believed the game would have 200k subs.

We are constantly being told about how other games are doing things oh so much better, and yet where are these other games with 7m monthly subs ?
    Or even one other game for that matter ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I don't think so, but of course it's subjective.

My one piece of advice is don't listen to QQers on forums. Assess for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The sky is falling every time they make a change to the game.

I've been playing the game for 9 years, I still enjoy it. I don't always agree with the direction they take everything, but I continue to play it with good reason.

If you want the "best" endgame raid content the genre has to offer, this is the game to do it. If you want other things out of your mmorpg personally this wouldn't be the first game I'd pick up but it does them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    Wait about three months for the expansion to be out. Things will have picked up and the majority of the content will be fresh and available to you.
    This right here.

At the moment, its the end of the expansion. Lots of people are not playing that will be come WoD. You will not find it easy to get into end game raids that have any meaning. Most who are doing them now out gear it, or just suck to have been unable to clear it by now. This is a very broad generalization, but you get the picture. You'll have a hard time getting a true feel for raids.

People are bored now. I am in that crowd. Once WoD releases there will be a lot more people. Plus you will get a boost to put a character up to level 90. If you really insist on starting now, do so with the intention of figure out which class you want to play the most. If you are brand new, I really don't think you would be doing yourself any favors if you used a character boost.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineGaming View Post
    im going to start playing this game but if its going down hill and not fun to play anymore i wont even bother sooooo please tell me if you got bored or if no one else plays anymore?
    I don't know, why don't you tell us?

https://us.battle.net/account/creation/wow/signup/
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

WoW is awesome. Easily the best MMO on the market. It's original, visceral, varied, balanced, and very rich with lore. A lot of people complain and claim the game is "dying" but there's no actual evidence of this. The game has a very healthy social scene with 7+ million players. The devs care about the game and it shows. It's totally worth the money. Give it a try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed

PS don't let the nay-Sayers prevent you. Totally my opinion, but I think the vast majority of bitchers have simply been playing too long. What they want is not for WoW to be changed or improved, they want it to be a different game entirely.

Everything is dying but WoW will be around longer that all the MMOs that are around today. Your grand kids will play WoW.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    This is too subjective of a question to hold any discussion. Only you can decide if you want to play.

Closing