Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Hendershot Generator scam

I recently got this ( http://www.hendershotgenerator.com/ ) emailed to me by a friend. He wanted me to explain why it wouldn't be possible to have such a device to work. So I tried some research, but information on it seemed pretty scarce and dubious. I'm sure it's a "It's a conspiracy!" sort of scam, but it seems to be one of the less popular ones.
    I'm not american, so I don't know if this is well-known in the USA, but I'd like to have some opinions and more info on it.

Have you folks ever run into detailed information as to why this contraption would be functional or how exactly would it work? (I'm pretty sure it just doesn't work. The intensity of the magnetic field could be enough to disprove it, I think, but perhaps there's more to it)

Deleted
    OK, I watched that crap for a full minute before turning it off, can you please explain how this so called engine works? All that video did was show energy bills, planes and old newspaper clippings.

If you are capable of falling for a scam like that you would be well advised to sign away control of your own finances to somebody smarter than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was a machine that produced energy for free, then countries that relied on others for their energy needs would have developed it and be using it.

And no, the oil companies are nowhere near powerful enough to stop nations such as the UK and France from doing that, despite how well funded and connected their lobbying groups are, as the benefits from that sort of energy source would be magnitudes more important to the countries involved.

It is a scam if it's being sold as a way to obtain free energy, but it may be an interesting novelty science project if that sort of thing tickles your fancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't generate energy from nothing. You cannot create it. You can only get energy from something that has energy; eg, you can only transfer it.

This is utter bubkis.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You can't generate energy from nothing. You cannot create it. You can only get energy from something that has energy; eg, you can only transfer it.

This is utter bubkis.
    Not to mention if such a violation of conservation could exist then the universe would be flooded with waste energy, jacking up the entropy to critical mass and turning the universe into a hot, motionless soup of meaninglessness.

So if this does exist, we're already dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm sure many americans would fall for it (and non-americans for that matter, I'll be fair for once), they're the same people who think they get abducted by aliens or have imaginary creator friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

This is utter bubkis.
    All we need is a finite amount of 5th dimensional mater and we could have unlimited energy!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    I like to call this sort of scam "Financial Darwinism".
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    All we need is a finite amount of 5th dimensional mater and we could have unlimited energy!
    There is no 5th dimension. Hyperdimensionality exists only as a component of string theory, which isn't testable (and thus just another flying spaghetti monster that the world doesn't need).

EDIT: P.S. I'm still listening to this video. Ramble ramble ramble.

Deleted
    this is painful to watch...Does it ever end?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    There is no 5th dimension.
    You sound just like those bigoted Flatlanders when I told them about 3d space.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    You sound just like those bigoted Flatlanders when I told them about 3d space.
    TROLOLOL but seriously.

String theory is a mathematical construct designed to answer questions that science has yet to necessitate the asking of. "I don't like quantum theory. It's scary. So let's use mathematics to replace it with a bigger, more complicated theory that hinges upon even more presumptions even though that's directly contrary to the very purpose of science."

Only $47 to break the laws of physics? Count me in! I love how it says "add to cart" as if there'd be anything else you were going to buy.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    Its still going holy fuck someone help me

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If you are capable of falling for a scam like that you would be well advised to sign away control of your own finances to somebody smarter than you.
    Don't get me wrong. I didn't fall for it. I just want to completely understand why this is supposed to work, so I can debunk it like a slap on my wooist friend's face. I know for sure it's all bullshit, but I must dig deeper into it, for the greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by jimimistry View Post

It stopped for a second... and then it was like

"Still here?"
    FUCK YOU HENDERSHOT FUCK YOU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I didn't fall for it. I just want to completely understand why this is supposed to work, so I can debunk it like a slap on my wooist friend's face. I know for sure it's all bullshit, but I must dig deeper into it, for the greater good.
    If somebody questions the law of conservation, they have no hope. It's as simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: It's over... it's finally over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Let your friend buy it, let him learn from his mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimimistry View Post
    I think they actually invented the perpetual advert machine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I think they actually invented the perpetual advert machine.