10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Exactly. There is this elitism in the England camp about only ever sourcing players from the Premiership. It is painfully obvious that most of the England team don't want to be there, and it also shows in the football that they play. They can't find a decent manager either. Hodgson also looks like an owl, which doesn't help his credibility much IMO.
    It honestly doesn't matter who they install as Manager of England, the team and tactics will still be picked by the media. Until that changes, England will always underperform. I think that's what turns me off most about England, the whole thing is a media circus that's just not left to get on with being a football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Speaking of gathering star players, between Rooney, Van Persie, Di Maria and now Falcao, and the potential for a couple of existing players to develop into "big names" United's new policy seems to be forming an English club variant of the Galacticos.

In before Woodward tries to get Messi on loan in January. #notserious
    Last May: "United need to buy 5-6 new, world class players in."

United buy said players.

"OMG UNITED NEW GALACTICOS!"

I don't really see it long term, but it was absolutely necessary in the near term. There's still a ton of talent coming through the academy, much of it farmed out on loan to get experience and develop, there's just been a bit of a 'drought' of particularly exceptional youngsters, with the exception of Pogba, which is bound to happen - you won't find a new class of '92 every year. On the other hand, maybe we do need a bit of it, it doesn't hurt from a marketing perspective selling shirts, or on the pitch, or as we've seen with the outcry from Monaco fans, in the stands.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2014-09-04 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rojo's visa's cleared. He'll be ready for QPR.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Need to work Di Maria and Jovetic into my fantasy team...the swap would be roonster and silva, tough call.

Also some non league shenanigans are afoot : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29067406

Never going to happen but I still remember when we had Edgar Davids!
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2014-09-04 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd make the switch. Had to blow my wildcard early due to so many injuries to the team, but I'm pretty happy with my lineup now.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I'd make the switch. Had to blow my wildcard early due to so many injuries to the team, but I'm pretty happy with my lineup now.
    Yea i blew mine week 2, its a long old wait for the next one to come into play.

I believe in Rooney he will have one of those games vs QPR. I'll wait a little longer till I get 2 free subs saved up so I don't have to take a hit to my points. Need a new keeper and would like to get shawcross in as well. God international friendlies suck.

AFRICAN CUP OF NATIONS TOMMOROW! Woohooo. Cmon you black stars (Ghana) they should roll Uganda!
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2014-09-04 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Yea i blew mine week 2, its a long old wait for the next one to come into play.

I believe in Rooney he will have one of those games vs QPR. I'll wait a little longer till I get 2 free subs saved up so I don't have to take a hit to my points. Need a new keeper and would like to get shawcross in as well. God international friendlies suck.

AFRICAN CUP OF NATIONS TOMMOROW! Woohooo. Cmon you black stars (Ghana) they should roll Uganda!
    Isn't that in january?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevrosh View Post
    Isn't that in january?
    Qualifiers sonny jim. So a bit better than international friendlies but not much.

Giampaolo Pozzo owns Udinese , Granata AND Watford , and he's had 0 problems so far , although Watford is "technically" under the ownership of his son.
    But i guess part of why he has is because Watford is in the Championship and Granata battles for relegation in La Liga.
    According to the SFA rulebook it's to avoid any conflict of interest, that's why Ashley's essentially limited to 9.9% of the club, in UEFA's eyes he cannot have economic interest in 2 clubs playing in the same competition - way it's being banded about up here is that one of those clubs would need to give up their spot, which throws up problems.

Turns out it was Sons of Struth, one of afforementioned groups of fans who have been issuing the information, armchair businessmen who in reality don't even run their own financial affairs, their wives do that for them.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Spain's starting lineup vs France:

De Gea, Carvajal, Ramos, San José, Azpilicueta, Busquets, Cazorla, Koke, Raúl García, Fábregas y Diego Costa

I like De Gea and Carvajal getting the call here, don't like San Jose, Cazorla, and Raul Garcia though

Deleted
    First goal was great , Immobile is a really good forward , he's gonna do good at Dortmund.

Second goal ... can't tell if he dived or not , stupid of Indi to even put his arm there , but I guess it was instincts.

I still think that the rule needs to be changed , Penalty + Red card is like a death sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

Italy 2 Netherlands 0 btw .

10+ Year Old Account
    First goal was great , Immobile is a really good forward , he's gonna do good at Dortmund.

Second goal ... can't tell if he dived or not , stupid of Indi to even put his arm there , but I guess it was instincts.

I still think that the rule needs to be changed , Penalty + Red card is like a death sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

Italy 2 Netherlands 0 btw .
    I hate you all.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    I hate you all.
    I'm sorry man !
    I don't even care that much , don't fancy friendlies.

What do you think , was it a dive?

There's international football going on, I'll be damned, that'll be why there's nothing on the Scottish news sports report then!

Deleted
    France playing better thus far. I will consider their potential victory a more positive outcome than Spain's; Diego Costa will make me root for any opposing team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry man !
    I don't even care that much , don't fancy friendlies.

What do you think , was it a dive?
    Not bothering to watch but I read we haven't had a single chance so far.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Not bothering to watch but I read we haven't had a single chance so far.
    Stopped watching after 1st half too , game was dead after the penalty anyhow.
    But yeah , the Netherlands didn't create any chances.

France 1-0 Spain

rather uneventful game although a bad giveaway by Cazorla led to Frances goal. We looked much better when Silva and Isco were in the game.

Haha I think after the rugby sevens last month everyone inside Ibrox became an adopted Ugandan, possibly the only place in the world outside Uganda where you could get a U-GAN-DA chant going is in Glasgow!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    France 1-0 Spain

rather uneventful game although a bad giveaway by Cazorla led to Frances goal. We looked much better when Silva and Isco were in the game.
    I heard Carvajal looked good out there.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Zlatan scored 2, he's now the player who's scored the most goals for the national team, ever.

50+ "You made it possible" nice guesture to any Zlatan supporters/his family/whoever ;P (then he got yellow carded for taking off the jersey lol)
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-09-04 at 11:46 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...