Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Looking for good SLI MicroATX MoBo for 4790k

As the title states I am looking for a good recommendation for a board capable of SLI and good overclocking with that CPU. Any recommendations? Also, will the Prodigy M fit 2 770s comfortably without any overheating issues? I have the EVGA Superclocked 4GB cards.

Deleted
    I have no idea about fitting the GPU's in the case but for boards there ain't that many to choose from:

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/mother...4&sort=a8&c=99

I would probably look at either the Gigabyte or MSI board:

Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
    MSI Z97M Gaming

Unless you feel like spending $200 for the Asus MAXIMUS VII GENE

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any real reason to justify that extra ~$50 for the Maximus?

Deleted
    Hmm only you can really decide that. Hard to put a price on aesthetics, ROG community/features etc.

Check the different ROG specific features http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_GENE/

Check one of the various reviews (Google search ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE)

There really doesn't seem to be that big of a difference overclocking wise between the different Z97 mid to high end boards.

Deleted
    Personally I wouldn't pay extra for motherboard unless it was for some very high level OC. Every Z-chipset board should be capable of handling whatever OC you can cool with air.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not micro-ATX (I despise micro-ATX), but this is a good one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-503-_-Product

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    It's not micro-ATX (I despise micro-ATX), but this is a good one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-503-_-Product
    Well, if the case in question is micro-atx are you just going to chop down the board a bit to fit into there? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by samthing View Post
    Well, if the case in question is micro-atx are you just going to chop down the board a bit to fit into there? :P
    Yeah that has to be some of the funniest/weirdest advice I've seen in quite some time

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samthing View Post
    Well, the OP didn't specify that he had a Micro-ATX case. I've had nothing but problems with micro-ATX, because they try to squish too much onto a small board, and it ends up being a pain. I won't use anything but a full tower for the same reason. I see my computer being 3 feet tall and weighing 60 pounds as a good thing.

Deleted
    Well, the OP didn't specify that he had a Micro-ATX case. I've had nothing but problems with micro-ATX, because they try to squish too much onto a small board, and it ends up being a pain. I won't use anything but a full tower for the same reason. I see my computer being 3 feet tall and weighing 60 pounds as a good thing.
    What, I don't even... Did you even read the thread name? You are entitled to your opinion, but OP is specifically looking for micro-atx board so I felt it's a bit weird to get recommended a full size board.

mATX is really bad choice for SLI. Sure there are boards that have the slots, but there will be notable problem with GPU temperatures since the cards will be stacked close together. With most mATX boards/cases you can't even fit thicker than dual slot cards.

Deleted
    From the first post... "Prodigy M"