Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    They've already said probably not in the past though, and most people just let it be. Why revisit the matter? Chris seems to be one of the most genuine people on the dev team. Maybe we won't get those things but I sincerely believe him when he says it's a hope.
    This - Chris was the one who assured us that the faces would be fixed and touched up,and that our character will look the same in the end. People didn't believe that either, but we got it after complaints were registered. If he's hoping for it, there's a tiny sliver of a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Chris seems to be one of the most genuine people on the dev team.
    I do believe the guy 100% when he says that he'd love to put it in. He is an artist and seems incredibly passionate about his work (working despite tendon injury, respect to that).

But ultimately it comes down to the suits.
    You know that.

Deleted
    so wait they have been working on a custom orc posture but blood elfs wont be ready for launch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhode312 View Post
    so wait they have been working on a custom orc posture but blood elfs wont be ready for launch?
    Garrosh & Thrall already have said posture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    "No guarantee or eta"
    People are going to miss/ignore this part.
    yea that usually means no lol
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

We main characters now.

The "promises" are real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    OMG that's so silly.....6ft tall Gnomes and Goblins next
    I wasn't aware that Gnomes and Goblins had their spines distorted so much that they are only 2 feet tall.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Ah well you know "announces" or just comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaron View Post
    We would be so, so tall.

Regarding Orcs without a hunch, it just doesn't seem very Warcraft to me, I'd rather they didn't spend the resources on it. I don't see it happening regardless given how much they have on their plate.
    Every Orc except peons in warcraft 1/2/3 stand upright....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    REJOICE!!!! Now make orcs be able to become paladins and ill race change!
    Pretty sure an animation change doesn't have a thing to do with giving orcs a new playable class.

- - - Updated - - -

Already 'posture' animations in the game for this such as those used for Thrall. Stop whining.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    Even peons stood upright, except for one picture in a manual.

We'll propably get this at the same time with the Heirloom Tab and the Dance Studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    Yet in World of Warcraft, playable Orcs have always had a hunched back. I made my Warrior an Orc back in vanilla, precisely because of the way the World of Warcraft male Orcs looked, changing its shape because some players prefer the way Orcs look in other games is just plain stupid.

What's next, are they going to change the way Trolls looks to match those in Warhammer?

10+ Year Old Account
    This would totally be incredible. I'd love it if they could eventually do that, and also with trolls!
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Deleted
    The hunch is one reason I don't play much horde or worgen, I really don't like it. I was hoping there would be changes in the current model update, but I guess it'll be a few years if ever :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Lyllian View Post
    Yet in World of Warcraft, playable Orcs have always had a hunched back. I made my Warrior an Orc back in vanilla, precisely because of the way the World of Warcraft male Orcs looked, changing its shape because some players prefer the way Orcs look in other games is just plain stupid.

What's next, are they going to change the way Trolls looks to match those in Warhammer?
    Did you read his tweets? IF they ever add straight posture to the orcs, it'll be an option alongside the hunched posture. You are not forced to switch into it!

No, they haven't been working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Already 'posture' animations in the game for this such as those used for Thrall. Stop whining.
    Thrall's model uses a different skeleton. To repurpose it for player character use would require work. At that point, it would be better to take the existing [new] orc skeleton and change the posture. I'm not sure if blizzard can change just that and have the model adapt dynamically across all frames. I wouldn't be surprised if it required them to do a lot of animation work.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    "No guarantee or eta"
    People are going to miss/ignore this part.
    Of course and then start alot of threads crying about it when its not in the launch of WoD becouse they mentioned it and that is the same as promised it

Deleted
    Yet in World of Warcraft, playable Orcs have always had a hunched back.
    This means nothing, in fact the only reason they might consinder introducing hunchless option is so people can finally play a proper male orc.

I made my Warrior an Orc back in vanilla, precisely because of the way the World of Warcraft male Orcs looked, changing its shape because some players prefer the way Orcs look in other games is just plain stupid.
    Which is why it's gonna be optional. And no, it's not stupid, orcs continue to be depicted upright in all other media, it's only natural for players to want their in-game avatar to be a correct representation of the race.
    Last edited by mmoc26966749d9; 2014-08-03 at 02:07 PM.

My desire to play an orc has suddenly risen. :3