Stat Squish - Exponential Scaling gone?

The max single target DPS with 463 ilvl pre-MSV was ~70k. The max single target DPS with 588 ilvl BiS SoO gear is 700k. Over the course of an expansion, DPS increased 10x, which is obviously a sign of exponential scaling.

A piece of 588 ilvl gear has over 3x the raw stats of the same 463 ilvl gear. Now, does the item squish in WoD stop exponential gear scaling in the current expansion? Will we be doing 10x the damage at the end of WoD compared to at the beginning of WoD? If the item squish doesn't address this scaling issue, we'll be back to outrageous numbers within two expansions, which would mean routine item squishes every other expansion.

Exponential scaling kicks in gears after 450 ilvl (from that point same as live)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I want to see anyone sustain 700k singletarget dps over 5-6 minutes without any raid buff, all alone on a dummy... flask food potion allowed.

Deleted
    I seriously hope they address this issue with the squish.

Not only does it lead to ridiculous numbers, it also completely skews perception of player skill. A guy in ilvl 560 gear does easily double the damage of someone in 528 or even 535, which is supposed to be the entry/catchup level into the current raid tier. Due to the ridiculous exponential scaling, he even does that if he performs badly. It doesn't matter how well the 528 guy plays, he will never even come close to the numbers.

He is perceived as a bad player, even by himself. I had multiple questions asked "Dude, what am I doing wrong" and usually, after checking for any mistakes in rotation, etc. my answer was: "Nothing. You simply don't have the ilvl of the guy out-performing you".

Yes, it was like this in previous expansions as well, but NEVER to such a ridiculous extend. The difference between a player at the start of an expansion and at the end, given equal skill, should, under normal circumstances, not be much more than a doubling in numbers. Now we have 10fold increase.

Exponential scaling will be here. Entry raid gear in WoD will be several times more powerful than in MoP. Ratings (which are one of the reasons for unusual stat growth) are still there. Having legendary cloak at lv100 would mean as having almost nothing equipped in that slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara
    The difference between a player at the start of an expansion and at the end, given equal skill, should, under normal circumstances, not be much more than a doubling in numbers. Now we have 10fold increase.
    It will continue to be as in WoD if not even higher. Item tiers will be separated not by 13 ilvls, but by 15. There will be 4 raid subtiers (like now, keep in mind that Flex was introduced only with SoO) + warforged form very start (MoP had it from ToT only) + developers want to fit 5-men heroics in this scheme too. So we might expect 50-60% higher power increase throughout expansion.

As I pointed before, "item squish" is horrible idea and should never be implemented, not to say that it completely didn't address the issue of having 9999 sub-tiers in just 1 raiding tier and last expansion's raid gear being infinitely worse than greens at next expansion's max level.