Poll: Campgrounds or Wilderness?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    If your idea of roughing it involves hot running water then I suggest a hotel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    rofl

"hot water from solar energy"
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

http://www.biorelief.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/t/stearn_sun_shower.jpg
    Still, the point is quite valid. You can still keep yourself perfectly clean while out camping and such. Hell, we had to in Army Cadets and we were covered in Mud, Cam Cream, Rain and general other scum and goo. You'd be surprised how well a pack of Baby Wipes can clean you up, with a sponge and some hot water from a small fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    rofl

"hot water from solar energy"
    Having used those before, the water gets really hot after awhile in the sun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the camping kind of a guy..
    But if I absolutely have to, I always preferred the rather wilderness type.
    My entire camping experience dates back to still living in Germany, and there it is a must do to obtain permission from the property owner. Wild camping on public land is illegal. That's why there are camp grounds. The alternative is therefore privately owned land, and for that.... well you need the owners permission. If you display responsibility, and professionalism, a permission is rather easy to get.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    Having used those before, the water gets really hot after awhile in the sun.
    No shit. Sun (solar energy) heats things. Especially water.

I mean, why would someone use that kind of thing? Kind of mind boggling to me...
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not proper camping if it isn't in the wild, with just the bare necessities.
    Then again, if you are with small children etc it might be preferable to be at a camping ground until they get older.

Campgrounds are for bums, I'm sorry, it had to be said. If you're going out camping you have to do it in the wilderness, otherwise it just shows you can't afford to stay at a hotel.

Campgrounds...my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    If you're going out camping you have to do it in the wilderness, otherwise it just shows you can't afford to stay at a hotel.
    Pfft. Driving to the camp site is for wussies.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2014-08-05 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually only go camping twice a year.

Once it's to a summer camp as a counselor. Part of that weeklong "camp" involves going on an outtrip for 3 nights which is to the middle of nowhere in the wilderness. We set up a tarp and ground sheet and eat rice out of billy cans cooked over a campfire.

The other camping trip I do is with my 5 buddies from highschool. We go to a tenting only campsite in Kananaskis country where the only utilities are a flat tent site, a campfire hole, an outhouse, firewood and non drinkable water from a pump.

Both of the above I would consider actual camping. I've been to sissier campsites with my family when I was younger. They're alright, but they don't really feel like real camping to me.