Thread: Why the Putin?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Arrow Why the Putin?

Many foreign governments blamed Putin condemned him for anything. Impose sanctions and just want to sweep it with the "throne."

All my dear friends is very simple, to our and your (Ukrainian) and European unfortunately. I want to remind you that all over the country were going to make a single state language - Ukrainian. To the east of the country, most of the population speak Russian, schools teach the Russian language, as well as Ukrainian. But the law was including the prohibition of ALL treatment of the Russian language in the country. And what of that? Rebellion in the east, opposition and not wanting to be carried out in the wake of illegitimacy (repeat - are illegitimate) government. After the peaceful (PEACE) capture residents southeast region of buildings. Administration and pickets with the desire to hold a referendum on the status of independence, Kiev government said stringent measures. Started from Odessa, dispersal May 2 at the house of trade unions and killing about 48 people hands molozhёzhi and provocateurs. Then on May 9 in Mariupol, the shooting of civilians. And after these events, the people took up arms. There was no one to defend them but themselves. Militia was disbanded, all fired, and not willing to kill, we all remember it, remember how the police blew up the building of MANPADS. People realize that no one else will not defend them, and then began a rebel war. And now you all say that militias blow up houses and killing civilians, to believe in what it is they are bad, that is what they do terror in the country.

And I want to express my opinion about who Putin for me: This is the man who restored in the late 90's my country. Restored the economy, established industry in the 14 years Russia has changed. It became the cultural, beautiful, and strong, stronger than from 1991 to 1999, he is fighting against corruption, he fights crime, he struggles to make our country prosperous and fulfilling. Thanks to him, I now can say that "troubled" times will never come back, and I can safely say that I am proud that I - Russian! Putin has done a lot for my country, this man is very strong, very smart and fair. I want to I can understand a lot, that we in Russia are very fond of Putin's policy, his thinking and his strategy for the development of my country. I am very proud that I have such a president. And despite the fact that many overseas expressed about him negatively, it is exaggerating the reality, I will never regret that it has become our president!

Yes, he had returned Crimea! But it would be now with the Crimea? War? Killed civilians? Understand that for many people in the Crimea - this man was a very important person in their life, and he was a lot of people are grateful for it.

Thank you that you have read.

Evgeny. Russia, Moscow.

I hope you got your 50¢

Russians pride themselves on how strong they look to other countries.

Western democracies (at least the people) pride themselves on their individual freedoms.

Interesting.

Deleted
    There is already a thread where you can sing your ballad.

Deleted
    Google translate has a lot to answer for.

Cry Havoc! Let loose the dogs of Russian propaganda!

Btw, your pro-Putin propaganda only works on Russians, the rest of the world is not indoctrinated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    Russians pride themselves on how strong they look to other countries.
    That is true indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    Western democracies (at least the people) pride themselves on their individual freedoms.
    More like, on how they perceive themself, even if it is not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nicetom4ya View Post
    ...he is fighting against corruption, he fights crime, he struggles to make our country prosperous and fulfilling. Thanks to him, I now can say that "troubled" times will never come back, and I can safely say that I am proud that I - Russian! Putin has done a lot for my country, this man is very strong, very smart and fair.
    So he's like a cross between Batman and Superman then?

Does he have his own theme tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

He's Chuck Norris.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

Putinman, up, up and away!
    All he needs is a custom and to start wearing his underwear over his pants.

Quote Originally Posted by nicetom4ya View Post
    This is the man who restored in the late 90's my country. Restored the economy, established industry in the 14 years Russia has changed. It became the cultural, beautiful, and strong, stronger than from 1991 to 1999,
    I totally understand and I tell people all the time, the reason your average Russian will defend Putin to the grave is because Putin is the first great, competent leader Russia has seen since the fall of the Soviet Union. He is pretty much the George Washington of post industrial Russia.

At the same time, given this opportunity to speak in plain language with a Russian of said George Washington era of post-industrial Russia... Putin isn't immortal, no matter what he does, he will pass away eventually and I think the Russian people hold on to him tightly because they fear what comes next. Just as I'm sure 18th century Americans feared what would come after George Washington.

So I feel that 21st century Russians are afraid to look at Putin's flaws as a leader because they are afraid of what comes after they lose his strengths as a leader (because love him or hate him, Putin is a hella strong leader and nobody can deny that). But you need to be ready to embrace and help shape (through democratic action) what Russia after Putin has in store. I mean, you could undermine democracy by allowing him to appoint his most trusted and like-minded advisor as the next commander-in-chief of Russia, or you could have faith in yourselves as a people, and in the democratic process to say you know what... Putin is just a guy, and all of the great things he did achieve as a leader was him acting on behalf of the hearts and minds of the people of Russia, and have faith in knowing that things can only improve from here on.

And that in order for Russia to succeed as a nation in the future, the Russian people need to be prepared to look past Putin in finding the next great leader. He was just your George Washington, now you guys need to look for your Abraham Lincoln. Idolizing him as a leader, won't improve Russia, recognizing his accomplishments and demanding the same from Russia's next great leader is where it's at.

That's my view on the matter anyway.

So I understand why you guys love Putin, but you need to be putin' him aside and looking to the future. Find your Abraham Lincoln! and not just another Putin.

Deleted
    Sure, I'll see Russia in a positive light when it stops invading/partitioning/forcing East Europeans into submission. You won't find another country who caused more suffering in the region.
    Last edited by mmoc438dc94cad; 2014-08-05 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I totally understand and I tell people all the time, the reason your average Russian will defend Putin to the grave is because Putin is the first great, competent leader Russia has seen since the fall of the Soviet Union. He is pretty much the George Washington of post industrial Russia.

At the same time, given this opportunity to speak in plain language with a Russian of said George Washington era of post-industrial Russia... Putin isn't immortal, no matter what he does, he will pass away eventually and I think the Russian people hold on to him tightly because they fear what comes next. Just as I'm sure 18th century Americans feared what would come after George Washington.

So I feel that 21st century Russians are afraid to look at Putin's flaws as a leader because they are afraid of what comes after they lose his strengths as a leader (because love him or hate him, Putin is a hella strong leader and nobody can deny that). But you need to be ready to embrace and help shape (through democratic action) what Russia after Putin has in store. I mean, you could undermine democracy by allowing him to appoint his most trusted and like-minded advisor as the next commander-in-chief of Russia, or you could have faith in yourselves as a people, and in the democratic process to say you know what... Putin is just a guy, and all of the great things he did achieve as a leader was him acting on behalf of the hearts and minds of the people of Russia, and have faith in knowing that things can only improve from here on.

And that in order for Russia to succeed as a nation in the future, the Russian people need to be prepared to look past Putin in finding the next great leader. He was just your George Washington, now you guys need to look for your Abraham Lincoln. Idolizing him as a leader, won't improve Russia, recognizing his accomplishments and demanding the same from Russia's next great leader is where it's at.

That's my view on the matter anyway.

So I understand why you guys love Putin, but you need to be putin' him aside and looking to the future. Find your Abraham Lincoln! and not just another Putin.
    Russians only know Putins. They never ever had a truly democratic leader, the only one that came close was Boris Yeltsin and that one was a pretty weak leader, tbh. They NEED their Stalin to tell them what to do and how to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post

Btw, your pro-Putin propaganda only works on Russians, the rest of the world is not indoctrinated.
    It is but not for Russia's cause. Its all "freedom" and "human rights", my friend.

Russians only know Putins. They never ever had a truly democratic leader, the only one that came close was Boris Yeltsin and that one was a pretty weak leader, tbh. They NEED their Stalin to tell them what to do and how to think.
    I don't know about that. I think you, and Putin both see Russia as a nation that has already had it's defining moment.

I mean, the US had it's defining moment centuries ago too.

But coming from Canada, I feel like Canada had it's defining moments a lot more recently. Back when Pierre Trudeau told the US to take it's nuclear warheads, and it's communism-o-phobia and stuff it.

I feel that Russia has yet to define itself as a nation. It's full of old powers fighting to regain control. And I feel like the people of Russia have a very real opportunity to create a whole new, freshly defined country but in order to do so they need to step away from Putin, and realize that all of the positive things Putin brought to Russia wasn't Putin himself, but Putin acting out what the people of Russia wanted, that they did it. He just rubber stamped it for them, and that they can not only walk without Putin, but they can hit the ground running.

Just like if you were to ask an American today, what makes America awesome. They aren't going to say "GEORGE WASHINGTON!" they'll say "HAMBURGERS, AND RARE STEAK AND FUCKING FIREWORKS"

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerpele View Post
    It is but not for Russia's cause. Its all "freedom" and "human rights", my friend.
    So, a slave to freedom? Are you Loki?

On some Russians, please. OK, the majority of, but still. There are people in Russia who opposes the corrupted to the core Putin government. Some of them are even free and not in the jail due to some retarded fabricated case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I don't know about that. I think you, and Putin both see Russia as a nation that has already had it's defining moment.
    Russia is a nation that is known for having a long history of "defining moments". From Catherine to Peter and Stalin and the USSR it seems to be the comeback kid of nations.

This has worked for them in the short run, but it is not a good strategy for the long run.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

oh the fucking irony
    Last edited by Nerevar; 2014-08-05 at 08:01 PM.

I would like some facts on how Putin deserves the worship that he gets. Responsibility for economic prosperity is a pretty big ass achievement to be given to a single man in a country with open markets.