Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Smile What made you to become a Death Knight ?

I was always a fan of the darker heroes, and the Norse mythology, and with runes and their unholy powers , the death knight's were the perfections for me.
    My first char was a paladin, but when i reached 55 I never looked back.
    Last edited by mmocce1a1323c7; 2014-08-06 at 07:22 AM.

Deleted
    I guess "death" would be the correct answer. But I was never killed, because I'm skilled, so I'm not a death knight!

15+ Year Old Account
    Back in TBC I mained a rogue, and was very happy with it. But yeah, a new class? New resources? Practically 6 specs? Hard not to play.

I was like 12 and the darker theme really appealed to me.

Still don't regret it.

Oh pfft, that's ancient history. Well mostly because they rocked 1v1, didn't care about much else. When they became annoying to play with their Blood Tap mandatory for pvp and needing to keep up Conversion which drained your capability to dps and the lowering of fun that came with it, in addition to becoming shit at 1v1, I rerolled in MoP to hunter.

If hunters are shit at 1v1 in wod I'll reroll again to whatever is top dog in duels and wpvp.

I'm a Lich King fan and wanted to see more of the lore. Besides that I enjoy levelling alts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    Survivability and damage potential in a few words.

Back at the start of WotLK, I wanted to level my shaman to the new cap, but my RL friends had all rolled DKs and were solo steamrolling through the, at the time group-requiring, Hellfire Penn quests and 5 DK running Ramparts for a Hellreaver. So, I joined them.

I guess I just never looked back. I liked my warrior too, but they were still a button-heavy class at the time, and runic power was essentially rage.

I liked doing old content and DKs have great or the greatest capabilities for it. Plus the rotation has always been fun/easy, but rewarding once mastered.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

I just like them more than anything else I played so far. Rune feedback system is very unique.
    Nyaaaa~

Late in Wrath, I was rerolling on a new server and made a DK to get a quick 80 to get heirlooms and fund my other alts, with the intent of getting my holy paladin leveled back up before Cata started.

I never did swap back to the paladin, although I still occasionally play her. My death knight just clicked for me. Fun gameplay and awesome RP-- he is, to this day, my single favorite character that I have ever created from a roleplaying perspective. I'm probably retiring him as a PvE main in favor of healing (I hate queues and tanking for strangers is a stressful, thankless job, especially with the community's ever-increasing push for speed before all other things) but he's likely going to be my RP main for as long as I play WoW.

Only ever been an alt, it was the new class so had to try it out. Was decently fun, but couldn't sway me away from Mage/Warrior so never maxed it out until late Cata. Regret waiting so long. The 200k gold looted achievement was a joke just running Naxx/TK/SSC and some Ulduar 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

I always liked the idea of a melee oriented class that also casts spells. My hatred for totems pretty much killed any desire i had to try a shaman.

Just because of what they are. A dark Knight spreading death hand decay everywhere. I should note i really only like Unholy. That's what a Deathknight is imo. None of this blood or frost crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly dying.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by blizziness View Post
    I always liked the idea of a melee oriented class that also casts spells. My hatred for totems pretty much killed any desire i had to try a shaman.
    Ever heard of paladins?

I played horde during wrath, but my friend and I had some alliance alts, so we decided to make some dk's on that side to run our alts through some dungeons and gear them up. We ended up switching to alliance during late-mop and it wasn't until timeless isle that I decided to lvl one up and found them to be quite enjoyable.

I started playing due to the complexity of the resource system and the high apm nature of the class. The reason WoD in beta isn't appealing to me is because it feels like they are taking everything I loved about the class/frost spec away. I honestly didnt have the slightest clue on how to play properly the first month I played it and had to have a friend tell me exactly what was going on. Anyways this isn't a WoD beta threat, so yea I loved the playstyle and complexity brought by the resource system.

Deleted
    Wanted an alt and DKs started at level 55, so there wasn't much levelling to do to get it to 80. Played it as a main as required (raiding), but generally I consider it to be my alt. Was fun getting used to the resource system as well, and AMS is a badass ability

Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne.

It made me a Lich King fanboy.

Mostly it's the stuff they've taken away from us, like:

- shadow of death
    - being able to sustain my gargoyle with runic power
    - STRONG army of the dead
    - STRONG anti magic shell and anti magic zone (caster killers!)
    - corrupting HoTs into DoTs
    - UNHOLY TANKING
    - bone shield
    - my blood boil animation
    - the grasping hands of the dead in death & decay
    - glyph to make people cower in death & decay
    - original death strike
    - talking Timmy (taking that out was just... mean)

I'm sure there are a few more things I've forgotten.
    Last edited by Bromium; 2014-08-06 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Mostly dying.
    Nah, it's mostly rising from the dead.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose