Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizzlefix View Post
    I'll buy your ticket and your alcohol for you since you're going to have a drinking problem afterwards.
    You sir/ma'am are a gentleman/woman and a scholar

Deleted
    Nintendo going third party would be amazing, Nothing could convince me more to buy an XB1/PS4 than being able to boot up some of my favourite Nintendo titles and play them on the proper next gen platform.

That being said, I doubt it will ever happen - As posters have outlined here, Nintendo are sitting on a pile of hard cash from their previous successes.

Their dominance over the handheld market at least in quality gives me some hope, It would be truly a strange universe if you could play prestigious ninty titles on other platforms. (Not that I wouldn't enjoy it)

I'd like it to happen. They were the best during the N64 and have been going down in flames since as far as mainstream gaming. A few of their titles are fun and interesting to me BUT they aren't worth the strange controls and attempts at reinventing the wheel that they've made out of their console line. They just don't make hardware that's as attractive as the other consoles or PCs overall along with low grade specs and mostly kid focused titles along with absolutely garbage third party support their consoles become paper weights after playing the latest Zelda or Mario then you either wait years for the next one or the next console. Talk about a waste of money. Its in most cases hundreds of dollars for less than 100 hours of gameplay where the new Xbox/PS/PC will give you so many more hours of entertainment for the same price point assuming you aren't 11 years old.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-08-06 at 05:14 PM.

Is there any reason they shouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I still hope Nintendo tries to buy Capcom as that would throw a huge wrench into a lot of things and would be extremely hilarious to watch the fanboys of various sorts cry in unison.
    R.I.P fighting games.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    R.I.P fighting games.
    Who would need capcom for fighting games?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    From where I'm sitting the Wii U is the only console I'd even consider buying at the moment. So no. I'd rather Nintendo adjust their priorities slightly, make kissy faces at more third party devs, and just dominate next gen. If their hardware was more capable and if they'd work more closely with the third party devs so that it wasn't a giant hassle to port things to their console, they'd be in a really good spot as a hardware company.

Quote Originally Posted by Siffi View Post
    Who would need capcom for fighting games?
    Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom are kind of a huge deal.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Nintendo could very easily go third party if it wanted to and would be one of the biggest devs then. But why do that? They have enormous cash reserves considering this is their only business, they could very easily weather another 2 console flops with meager sales I bet before having to seriously consider abandoning it just because their first party titles are that strong. It's just in the whole "get rich show me profit" world that idiot analysts on Wall Street and every other exchange that only see the faults and like to punish stock prices for it; Nintendo itself still makes a lot of money. It's just not as much as before, but the industry as a whole isn't necessarily as strong as before.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Is there any reason they shouldn't?
    Umm, yes there is a pretty big one. They would have to downsize big time. Their operating costs couldn't be sustained as a 3rd party company paying royalties on every game sold.

It's like people didn't learn anything from Sega going 3rd party that always ask this question.

VGAddict...wait a minute. I remember you. You posted this same shit on the PA forums. Do you really have nothing better to do than to create accounts for the sole purpose of posting the same topic that got old a decade ago?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Umm, yes there is a pretty big one. They would have to downsize big time. Their operating costs couldn't be sustained as a 3rd party company paying royalties on every game sold.

It's like people didn't learn anything from Sega going 3rd party that always ask this question.
    Going software only also didn't work for Atari, SNK, or Hudson (Hudson made the TurboGrafx).

They don't realize that Sega and Atari were BOTH coming off consecutive failed products. Sega had the 32X, the CD, the Nomad, and the Saturn, and Atari had the 5200, the Lynx, and the Jaguar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom are kind of a huge deal.
    And? So are MK , Injustice, DoA and Tekken. Fighting games would not be even near dead if capcom ans their series were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    I mean, the Wii U is flopping.
    Except its not.

No and no, it's still not flopping so hard that they're losing their billions of yen in their bank, and with Smash Bros and Zelda U coming up it can only go upwards from here. Nintendo going third party will forever just be a pipe dream for the people who refuse to whip out money for a Nintendo console.

As long as mario,zelda,and metroid keep getting made and made good i don't care to much but i would miss my nintendo system

Deleted
    Exclusives are a dying breed.

If you restrict access to a game, people pirate it.
    If they can't pirate it, nobody plays it.

The days of "I'm gonna buy this console just for this game" are LOOOONG gone.

I really don't think the Wii U is flopping since its doing better then the Xbox One. And not just better, its crushing the xbox one.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post
    The days of "I'm gonna buy this console just for this game" are LOOOONG gone.
    Sales jumping up 500% with the release of Mario Kart 8 says you're wrong.

Also last I checked in no way where Sony's exclusives in jeopardy of being over in anyway.

10/10 most fail post in this thread yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hazai4548 View Post
    I really don't think the Wii U is flopping since its doing better then the Xbox One. And not just better, its crushing the xbox one.
    Hardly crushing it. The Xbox One is slowing passing up the Wii U in sales in North America and the UK. World Wide the Wii U has a sub 2 mil lead on the Xbox One with a full year head start. The only one crushing anything is the PS4.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they'd go third party any time soon but I wish they would. I enjoy Nintendo games but I can live w/o their hardware. And I really don't like their system software and online structure.

Wait and see what the Wii U successor looks like :/

But would they make more money?