yeah like i said i have no idea how out of date it was lol but just thought if the stats are the same and the variables are controlled it should still be an indication of increase or decrease right?

Not in any reliable way. It's not the variables that are off, it's the engine itself. In simplistic terms, it doesn't use the variables right, so it doesn't matter what you set them to, the end results will still be substantially off. It may get broad strokes right, but that isn't really where the value of a tool like this should lie. It should be for easily comparing smaller changes, such as one piece of gear compared to another, but I can't really recommend it for that in it's current state.

yep fair enough, i was using this for like a month haha didnt even know how out of date it was!

So for those that have killed blackhand mythic, did you guys did it in BM? Had a rough night yesterday (our first full raid of progress on blackhand), almost all night with shitty procs (only 1 try with 2+ bw resets, frenzy stacks not getting to 5(stampede with only 1 frenzy stack both times ...). We are still tuning on phase 1, so we need to push it before 4th detonation, but rngJesus is not helping.
    I'm kinda getting a little bit pissed off by this rng bullshit making my dmg fluctuate during the raid, which may make or break the fight (we are 3 bm hunters).
    Was thinking of going either sv or mm just to experience it, but would only do it if it's viable (in the sense that it doesn't gimp too much my raid), since I would change enchants/gems accordingly.
    I know bm kicks ass, but the rng is driving me crazy ...

yo ima let u finish, but survival is the greatest spec of all time. bm is lame

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    So for those that have killed blackhand mythic, did you guys did it in BM? Had a rough night yesterday (our first full raid of progress on blackhand), almost all night with shitty procs (only 1 try with 2+ bw resets, frenzy stacks not getting to 5(stampede with only 1 frenzy stack both times ...). We are still tuning on phase 1, so we need to push it before 4th detonation, but rngJesus is not helping.
    I'm kinda getting a little bit pissed off by this rng bullshit making my dmg fluctuate during the raid, which may make or break the fight (we are 3 bm hunters).
    Was thinking of going either sv or mm just to experience it, but would only do it if it's viable (in the sense that it doesn't gimp too much my raid), since I would change enchants/gems accordingly.
    I know bm kicks ass, but the rng is driving me crazy ...
    I'm not sure about Mythic, but SV LW does pretty damn well on Heroic and it's super easy to use on the Blackhand fight.

Deleted
    Any hunter spec is viable and competitive on Blackhand, what makes BM shine just that little bit more is the amount of burst you can do in p3 with lust, 5x FF, BW, pot and on use trinket. It's massive.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    Approximately how much DPS do I lose out on if I gem/enchant multistrike instead of mastery for BM? Assuming I have 0-3 gems.

I'm geared in all heroic and a few mythic pieces (including Dragonspine mythic), 4 set.
    The last I ran this kind of test on EJ was here:
    http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...-61/?p=2279015

In short, practically none on single target (~50 dps from using all ms enchants/gems over mastery). As you increase number of targets, mastery becomes more powerful. On two targets, roughly 300 dps from pure mastery to pure ms (out of ~55k, so about 0.5%). By 6 target, you're looking at ~1100 dps (out of ~110k, so about 1%).

But BM has about the tightest bounds on impact factors on all secondaries you'll find on just about any class and spec. They're mostly interchangeable, and for hunters starting on mythic progression or mid-mythic progression, this means BM can take gear and gems on just about anything and as long as they are playing near optimally and keeping 4 set bonus, then you're going to kick ass.

Compare this to a Fire Mage going mastery instead of crit or almost any other dps class flipping their priorities arbitrarily and you can see that we're in a really interesting/good spot for progression raiding. It also means that BM is our best choice for at least offspec because it can transition to SV or MM and back without needing to completely change gems/enchants. You just use MS for SV, for instance, or Crit for MM, and you're still going to be reasonably competitive within your raid's dps as BM.

Ranking is a different story for any kind of AoE, but at this point, other than maybe Gruul, ranking is mostly about playing optimally and being lucky with your assignments, RNG or cheesing (e.g., staying on platform on Maidens, staying on Reinforced Siege Engines which is scumbag on Blackhand, Hands cheesing on Kromog instead of Pillars, etc.) RNG for BM is really important as getting lucky with BW resets plays a big role, as does getting lucky enough to have 4-5 frenzy stacks on 2nd FF within first Stampede). So, for BM at least, RNG seems to be more important, at the moment, than enchanting/gemming decisions for parsing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Any hunter spec is viable and competitive on Blackhand, what makes BM shine just that little bit more is the amount of burst you can do in p3 with lust, 5x FF, BW, pot and on use trinket. It's massive.
    Just don't play survival imo. Marks can do some pretty good p3 damage with extended execute + rapid fire but survival with no cooldowns or any way to push damage in p3 other than pot and a mediocre stampede? meh

Marks might actually be better if the guild lusts in p2 so there's no lust for the entirety of the bm's 2nd stampede.
    Last edited by Finbezz; 2015-04-21 at 03:37 AM.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    Just don't play survival imo. Marks can do some pretty good p3 damage with extended execute + rapid fire but survival with no cooldowns or any way to push damage in p3 other than pot and a mediocre stampede? meh

Marks might actually be better if the guild lusts in p2 so there's no lust for the entirety of the bm's 2nd stampede.
    Actually false, survival does fine damage. bm is by far the best and in my experience mm is the worst, especially if you have to do deal with one or 2 mechanics of the fight (meaning moving to soak etc). BM is the best, surv is decent (better if you have to kill adds phase 2), and mm is aids.
    Last edited by Kissthebaby; 2015-04-21 at 04:27 AM.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../latest#boss=0

numbers are fine for heroic SV
    play whatever u want no class or spec is unable to do what they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerinn View Post

I believe you

Deleted

That only shows your ranks as survival, compared to others that play survival.
    While what you're saying is more or less true, your way of proving it is entirely wrong.

its also a lot tighter of a dps check in mythic than heroic. Compare SV's burst in p3 by the top logs vs the top BM logs in phase 3. Typically its about a 4-8k increase, a good example is kissthebaby as he will most likely attest in his logs (hope you don't mind me using your logs man I have yet to be 10/10M and your logs show an extreme <3)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...9&end=17142890

if you are hurting in phase three for a mil or more in damage that would definitely be a start imo. Unless as others have said you have to do add damage BM will be the more optimal spec in that situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    its also a lot tighter of a dps check in mythic than heroic. Compare SV's burst in p3 by the top logs vs the top BM logs in phase 3. Typically its about a 4-8k increase, a good example is kissthebaby as he will most likely attest in his logs (hope you don't mind me using your logs man I have yet to be 10/10M and your logs show an extreme <3)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...9&end=17142890

if you are hurting in phase three for a mil or more in damage that would definitely be a start imo. Unless as others have said you have to do add damage BM will be the more optimal spec in that situation.
    its fine, here is last weeks where i played mm though. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&phase=3

Every time you post you just seem to want to point out that you do good dps and that you are a top player.
    But in reality you are just a heroic raider that knows nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfisher View Post
    What changed in the latest 612-02 SimC? Same gear but simming up to 2k lower.
    Anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

i am by far no way trying to say i do good dps and i know im a heroic raider i didnt even know how to get ina mythic raid till 2 months ago, im saying its not needed for heroic to play a "certain spec" in this game. anyone can pull good enough numbers.
    who cares what it shows as ranks? its just showing its a 40k single target spec and a 50k aoe spec what more do u really need ?
    and kissthebaby your lgos are sweet. exactly what im saying all specs can pull numbers.
    Just the BM fan boys that demand everyone else should be playing bm does my head in lol
    Last edited by Xerinn; 2015-04-21 at 09:16 AM.

i am by far no way trying to say i do good dps and i know im a heroic raider i didnt even know how to get ina mythic raid till 2 months ago, im saying its not needed for heroic to play a "certain spec" in this game. anyone can pull good enough numbers.
    who cares what it shows as ranks? its just showing its a 40k single target spec and a 50k aoe spec what more do u really need ?
    and kissthebaby your lgos are sweet. exactly what im saying all specs can pull numbers.
    Just the BM fan boys that demand everyone else should be playing bm does my head in lol
    When the question is about mythic and you're talking heroic ... it's different, you know?

Last night, did more than half the tries as bm, same old rng fucking me over sometimes, same rng giving me ungodly 6 bw in a row. I kinda think my pet's broken though, I'm having fewer 5 frenzy stacks. I mean, going through the first Stampede's duration with a max of 3 frenzy stacks (1 used as soon as it appears, when it ends I have 2).

The rest of the night went SV, and although I don't show off on skada at the start of the encounter (vs the other 2 bm hunters), I would rise on the dmg done, finishing near the top usually.
    This is in tries finishing at the end of phase 1 or at the start of phase 2. We're still progressing, will update when we get safely to p3.

My feeling, loved way more doing dmg in sv than bm. Not needing to worry about frenzy not stacking (and havng to waste due to almost expiring), bw not resetting or resetting once on certain tries, bw resetting when there is 10-6 seconds on cd...

Didn't think much of MM, it sure has kill shot available sooner, but will lose some of its potencial at p3 when it's needed to soak stuff(bm has pet, sv has dots, mm has nothing).
    Last edited by WarBringerPT; 2015-04-21 at 10:56 AM.

Should I attach /stopcasting to Kill Command and Kill Shot?

Seems like I'm often casting KC just a bit too late because of Cobra Shot.