Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    I'll reinvestigate it. I haven't looked back into it since 6.1, so it's probably time to revisit the idea.
    Thanks! We really appreciate the work that you, Azor, and other leading theorycrafters put in to help the entire community.

What is better paired with heroic Malicious Censer, heroic warforged fel-spring coil, or mythic BHoTM?

Ty for the WA

Quote Originally Posted by MarcM85 View Post
    Thanks! We really appreciate the work that you, Azor, and other leading theorycrafters put in to help the entire community.
    Sure thing!

Here's the breakdown I have right now. It covers using the T90 talents combined with LW and FS with the current action list as well as with an action list that only uses RF outside of CA (<80% health, no RF, no tier CA).

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...-62/?p=2281215

TLDR: I've run two different fight lengths and using RF on CD still appears to be preferred, especially for LW. For FS, fight length will be major determiner of RF uptime and benefit of using RF on CD. However, even with FS, you are more likely to do better using RF on CD than trying to hold it until outside of CA.

Thanks for the update. I understand that there are a lot of factors at play, but I can't understand why it is not a DPS gain with a fight of fixed time limit. Without losing uses, it intuitively seems that it would be of significantly more value when used outside of CA.

In fact, I'm surprised that it has a bigger effect for LW, I would have thought it was the other way around.

Effin, can you (or anyone else for that matter) speculate as to why the delay RF sim comes out lower? Could it be because of RPPM procs on pull? I can't think of any other explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcM85 View Post
    Effin, can you (or anyone else for that matter) speculate as to why the delay RF sim comes out lower? Could it be because of RPPM procs on pull? I can't think of any other explanation.
    This is the most likely reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Because fixed time sims are not done for the single, perhaps obvious reason, that no fight length is set in stone when the pull is done. Thus, you cannot know (as the sim can't) if you lose a usage or not.

The sim has a variable fight length. This means that sometimes, delaying RF will lose you a usage. Sometimes, it won't. All in all, this averages out to a slight loss.

It also completely depends on the length of the CA phase for a given boss. Archimonde's lasts forever, while Iskar's is pretty short.

Does anyone know when the next simC release is planned? If not, could someone help me understand how to declare spelldata overrides to sim Wild Gladiator's Insignia of Conquest versus Stone of the Elements with an override to correct for the agility? I reported it as a bug and it was marked as resolved but I'm guessing I can't really test it until next release and since the trinket is available now, I'd like to see.

Also, does anyone happen to know the exact proc rate / icd for the WoD insignia? All I could find was old cata stuff about the proc back when it used to be 45s icd instead of what appears now to be a 50s icd. I don't care too much about the icd per say that I can somewhat reliably test but I'd like to know the proc rate (was 15% on cata trinkets) because there is no way I'm spending the time necessary for a statistical approach to calculating it.

Thanks

If it was marked resolved before the 6th of July, then the latest release here should do: http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D

If not, you can either build one of the sources up yourself, or wait a day or two for a new build. They are usually daily updates, but not this time.

The WoD insignia has a 55 second ICD with a 15% proc rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    If it was marked resolved before the 6th of July, then the latest release here should do: http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D

If not, you can either build one of the sources up yourself, or wait a day or two for a new build. They are usually daily updates, but not this time.

The WoD insignia has a 55 second ICD with a 15% proc rate.
    Thanks and thanks.

The later explains why no matter how hard I'd try to proc it immediately after the ExtraCD ICD came up it was always delayed. The spell data in (at least my outdated) version of ExtraCD is still using 50s.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    how bad is focussing shot, opposed to lone wolf for MM?
    I ask because i just had the situation we didn't have heroism, so i had to take a pet with hero for the group, and thus switch to focusing shot.

Is exotic munition still not an option for PVE?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    how bad is focussing shot, opposed to lone wolf for MM?
    I ask because i just had the situation we didn't have heroism, so i had to take a pet with hero for the group, and thus switch to focusing shot.

Is exotic munition still not an option for PVE?
    Focusing Shot is VERY strong with the 4 piece T18 set bonus.

I'm trying to figure out of SOTE is worth the ~75k gold. I won't have access to any Mythic trinkets. It would replace my Heroic HBT. My combo until I get a Malicious Censer would be H-BOTM + SOTE. Any thoughts? Then possibly replace H-BOTH with MT.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by critsohard View Post
    I'm trying to figure out of SOTE is worth the ~75k gold. I won't have access to any Mythic trinkets. It would replace my Heroic HBT. My combo until I get a Malicious Censer would be H-BOTM + SOTE. Any thoughts? Then possibly replace H-BOTH with MT.
    heroic mirror of the blademaster is very accessible (heroic council might be the easiest heroic boss in hfc) and comparable power than SOTE. For the second trinket heroic fel spring coil (very accessible) or heroic malicious censer (less accessible)

and of course, ultimately, you will want an archimonde trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post

and of course, ultimately, you will want an archimonde trinket.
    Nah, you don't want an archimonde trinket for marksmanship. It sucks ass for progression. A mythic Beating Heart (700 ilvl) is going to give you way more value out of your trinket slot than the talisman will. Even crafted Stone of the Elements (715) is a more worthwhile trinket.
    Last edited by mmoc9e8e7fdb19; 2015-07-09 at 04:23 AM.

Deleted
    talisman only makes bs and steady focus stronger. SF is a clear winner single target and aoe with the class trinket. And BS is only ~2k dps behind stampede with trinket any fight with a little bit of aoe, bs will pull ahead imo. esp if you have class trinket but no T18 4p and stuck with t17 4p this will be optimal it seems.
    Last edited by mmocd02512c6c6; 2015-07-09 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3n View Post
    talisman only makes bs and steady focus stronger. SF is a clear winner single target and aoe with the class trinket. And BS is only ~2k dps behind stampede with trinket any fight with a little bit of aoe, bs will pull ahead imo. esp if you have class trinket but no T18 4p and stuck with t17 4p this will be optimal it seems.
    BS will certainly do more pure DPS than Stampede on an AoE fight, but Stampede is still almost always preferable because of priority targets. Put simply, the burst is way more useful than any number padding for progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    Nah, you don't want an archimonde trinket for marksmanship. It sucks ass for progression. A mythic Beating Heart (700 ilvl) is going to give you way more value out of your trinket slot than the talisman will. Even crafted Stone of the Elements (715) is a more worthwhile trinket.
    The class trinket is absolutely awful for MM. How could anyone have thought it's a good idea? We're stacked on bosses for like 9 or 10 out of the 13 fights (including the most difficult fights).

At least I have the Censer and Coil..

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    The class trinket is absolutely awful for MM. How could anyone have thought it's a good idea? We're stacked on bosses for like 9 or 10 out of the 13 fights (including the most difficult fights).

At least I have the Censer and Coil..
    This

And the fact that even if they removed the range element entirely it would still be barely better than other options at least relatively compared t how it is for most other classes on our token since in practice you will be putting the heroic archi against the mythic coil/blade or norm vs heroic respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Deau View Post
    This

And the fact that even if they removed the range element entirely it would still be barely better than other options at least relatively compared t how it is for most other classes on our token since in practice you will be putting the heroic archi against the mythic coil/blade or norm vs heroic respectively.
    Any chance of Blizz adjusting the trinket? Unfortunately not many people seem to have it yet so there hasn't been much complaining.

I tried using it (Normal WF) last night, and even on a fight like Xhul which appears to be a largely ranged fight, the boss' hit box is so damn big that you need to stand against the edge of the platform to get 35-40 yds (if you're lucky, and even then you're standing away from the ranged group and healing circles, etc.).

Seems like it's only good for Assault and Iron Reaver. And even THEN, it's annoying as hell because I need to move based on tanks movement to maintain max range which might fuck up my Sniper Training.

Only thing it's good for is BM Tanaan questing because the BM bonus is pretty sweet.
    Last edited by galaxyquest; 2015-07-09 at 02:14 PM.