Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Why do you use crows before BW? I doubt the damage bonus is applied retroactively, is it?

Also, with the legendary belt, I usually weave in a cobra shot between the dire beasts, otherwise I cap focus. I also don't think KC would be up anyway after only doing two dire beasts. TT and aspect aren't on the GCD. With boots instead of belt, you want to use KC between the dire beasts, especially if lust was used on pull. More than likely, KC will have a short enough CD that the boots almost completely reset the CD after 1 DB.
    As others said, snapshotting is a thing of the past(for almost every class) so Crows updates dynamically. Therefore you don't want to waste your first GCD of BW by casting Crows.

I use mantle/boots, so double DBs is a full reset after the first KC in BW. This is why I go KC>DB>DB>KC, not using a cobra in here means I've saved 40 focus and with a crit focus instead of haste I don't focus cap.

I've got almost all of the DPS legendaries (just missing the gloves). I'm currently using the Boots and the Belt and I was curious if there were fights where it might be worth switching to Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish, Magnetized Blasting Cap Launcher or Zevrim's Hunger.

I can see maybe Kiljaeden's for large trash pulls, but I'm dubious as to if either of the other two are worth swapping to. The guide says that the Blasting Cap launcher is strong for M+, but is it worth switching to over the boots or belt for M+?
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2017-03-14 at 09:06 PM.

Deleted
    Belt is "meh" for M+ in the "lower-high-levels" (+15 etc).

So maybe there. Wouldn't trade boots for anything, anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Belt is "meh" for M+ in the "lower-high-levels" (+15 etc).

So maybe there. Wouldn't trade boots for anything, anywhere.
    Depends on the spec. If he's got the boots and belt, chances are he's playing trick shot and not the "meme" build, which means belt is actually incredibly strong and adds a good portion of AOE damage. I wouldn't switch boots / belt for anything in that scenario.
    If he's playing meme build, it's worth considering Zevrim's over the belt, but I'd never really take the blasting cap; The strength lies less in the damage output it provides (roughly equivelant to getting a marked shot proc every 25 seconds), and more so in the fact that the knockback/disorient works as an interrupt/CC against almost anything in M+, including stuff that isn't normally interruptible (such as the small maggots that transforms into big worms in nelt's lair).

The issue here being that while the bracers do provide some DPS gain (as stated, 1x marked shot every half minute or so worth of damage), the CC portion of bursting shot can still be used if you're not wearing the bracers, you just have to be in melee range. They're strong utility, but poor for output (and if used for output, they lose their utility).

I'd never wear the trinket in M+ assuming you already have two strong trinkets - the legendary effect on it is essentially the free 800K hit every 75 seconds, which is significantly worse than things like blasting cap (which provides that every 25 seconds for a 10 focus cost). I explained it on a previous page, but the trinket, while simming far ahead of every other trinket choice, is really lackluster when compared to other legendaries; It's just that there's no way any other trinket can match the brute strength of a 940 statstick with a 800K damage proc every 75 seconds, so it LOOKS good on paper... But if you're running a convergence and some 890-905 trinket like foci/BTI/guarm stick already? Yea, go and see how big of a gain it really is over losing, say, 7.5% crit on your aimed shots (hint: It won't be much if any).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Depends on the spec. If he's got the boots and belt, chances are he's playing trick shot and not the "meme" build, which means belt is actually incredibly strong and adds a good portion of AOE damage. I wouldn't switch boots / belt for anything in that scenario.
    If he's playing meme build, it's worth considering Zevrim's over the belt, but I'd never really take the blasting cap; The strength lies less in the damage output it provides (roughly equivelant to getting a marked shot proc every 25 seconds), and more so in the fact that the knockback/disorient works as an interrupt/CC against almost anything in M+, including stuff that isn't normally interruptible (such as the small maggots that transforms into big worms in nelt's lair).

The issue here being that while the bracers do provide some DPS gain (as stated, 1x marked shot every half minute or so worth of damage), the CC portion of bursting shot can still be used if you're not wearing the bracers, you just have to be in melee range. They're strong utility, but poor for output (and if used for output, they lose their utility).

I'd never wear the trinket in M+ assuming you already have two strong trinkets - the legendary effect on it is essentially the free 800K hit every 75 seconds, which is significantly worse than things like blasting cap (which provides that every 25 seconds for a 10 focus cost). I explained it on a previous page, but the trinket, while simming far ahead of every other trinket choice, is really lackluster when compared to other legendaries; It's just that there's no way any other trinket can match the brute strength of a 940 statstick with a 800K damage proc every 75 seconds, so it LOOKS good on paper... But if you're running a convergence and some 890-905 trinket like foci/BTI/guarm stick already? Yea, go and see how big of a gain it really is over losing, say, 7.5% crit on your aimed shots (hint: It won't be much if any).
    I'm running a Normal CoF and an 885 BTI, so it seems like things are pretty much what I thought. I'll probably experiment with the bracers some in lower level M+ to see how useful it winds up being.

Thanks for the replies.

Deleted
    I don't know about the belt in M+,

EU has Teeming, Skittish + Add HP/DMG this week and on +15 there is no way you can get enough GCDs for the Belt.
    And the ST bonus you get out of trickshot doesn't look like it'll make much of a difference either. (even @ Tyrannical)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-03-15 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    EU has Teeming, Skittish + Add HP/DMG this week and on +15 there is no way you can get enough GCDs for the Belt.
    I'm unclear on what you mean by "GCDs", I assume this means Global Cool Downs, but I'm not sure what that would have to do with the belt.

Deleted
    To get something out of the belt, you'd have to cast mutlishot a few times.
    Which means that the AoE benefit from the belt is not good for burst damage/fights that are over in a few GCDs.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-03-15 at 07:24 PM.

Finally got Mantle of Command as my last, 10th legendary...

And now i'm not really sure which items i should use and what stats to focus. I mean... yeah, crit is bis stat now, but what is a good "magical" number, 30-35% (with OwtP talent)?
    After the regear, my mastery dropped from 93% to 66% and this is huge gap.
    My current stats are 32/16/66 (crit/haste/mastery) and this is highest i can get with my gear, sim show 785k dps.
    If i regear for a bit more mastery, ie 33/11/76 (10%more mastery) - sim show 779k, if i go to 31/7/83 - 775k.
    And i really don't get it, trading 2% crit and 9% haste for almost 20% mastery yields 10k less dps. Do you guys have similar results? How do you itemize your gear ?

Here is my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shino/advanced

Gear isn't just secondary stats. Do you lose agility? Bonuses? Trinket effects?

Gear isn't just secondary stats. Do you lose agility? Bonuses? Trinket effects?
    By going from 32/16/66 to 31/7/83 i do lose 400agi only. No bonuses (what bonuses you are talking about btw?), same trinkets. But i guess things gonna be easier if i had BTI trinket, still no luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    By going from 32/16/66 to 31/7/83 i do lose 400agi only. No bonuses (what bonuses you are talking about btw?), same trinkets. But i guess things gonna be easier if i had BTI trinket, still no luck with it.
    Bonuses such as Arcway or set . 400 agi loss at your ilvl should be 1-2% dps decrease (depending on other gear), which if you're simming at +600K, is probably close to the 10K you see missing.

Bonuses such as Arcway or set . 400 agi loss at your ilvl should be 1-2% dps decrease
    Yeh i see. Well i'm not so stupid to drop set bonuses for few more stats And sadly there is no place for arcway set with legendary shoulders.
    Anyway you are right, i didn't think about agility loss, which is exactly why DPS in sim go down.

Its just feel bad in my head to go from 90+ mastery to 60+. But if i leave my gear as i had without shoulders and with, its a 45k dps difference \0/.
    Gonna pray to RNG gods now to get a BTI 890+ and a better legs/chest :S

Hello guys,

Yesterday I got the BM belt, previously I had Apex and boots, so I swapped Apex for Belt. I'm wondering should I still go with AotB or use Killer Cobra while using belt + boots?Thanks in advance!

Hey fellow Hunters, yo Azo.

I seek help :-/
    I am in the fortunate situation that I got the legendary shoulders + belt. Yesterday the boots also dropped.
    Now I am unsure what to use on ST fights. I am full crit gemmed/enchanted and I sim like 740k dps, with the boots instead of belt I achieve around 720k on sim.

Now checking Azo's guide it says "This is almost purely a useful single-target DPS legendary, but it is the best single-target legendary for this reason" concerning the boots.

Are the sims wrong or should i stick to shoulders+belt? Any useful input welcome...
    I only tried on targetdummy so far and I seem to definitely not handle the playstyle with boots properly yet

Quote Originally Posted by Scrya View Post
    Hey fellow Hunters, yo Azo.

I seek help :-/
    I am in the fortunate situation that I got the legendary shoulders + belt. Yesterday the boots also dropped.
    Now I am unsure what to use on ST fights. I am full crit gemmed/enchanted and I sim like 740k dps, with the boots instead of belt I achieve around 720k on sim.

Now checking Azo's guide it says "This is almost purely a useful single-target DPS legendary, but it is the best single-target legendary for this reason" concerning the boots.

Are the sims wrong or should i stick to shoulders+belt? Any useful input welcome...
    I only tried on targetdummy so far and I seem to definitely not handle the playstyle with boots properly yet
    Stick to Shoulders+belt. Boots KC reduction is nice outside of BW, but with Shoulders and decent crit rate 32%+ you swim in BW uptime and that greatly reduce boots effectiveness.
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

Anyone been trying Dire Frenzy lately? I'm trying to squeeze every bit of dps I can for Star Augur and considered running Frenzy next raid.

I haven't tried it yet, but was thinking about the Titan's Thunder interaction. Considering it still causes the pet's to discharge over 8 secs along with the 5 hits of frenzy doing nature dmg, is there any need to consider the timing of Titan's Thunder at all or just use it on CD because it always affects your next DF and you can't benefit from stacking frenzy charges before Titan's Thunder like you can with Dire Beasts?

Also considering the pet attack speed buff lasts 8 secs and stacks three times, does this also need to be taken into account so you time your DF uses correctly to maintain(or try to) upto 100% uptime?

I'll obviously play around with this myself when I can get online, just wondering what people's take on this is? It seems about 50/50 for those who do or don't take Frenzy on top Augur parses so far.

Isn't titan's thunder still bugged for dire frenzy, where you have to be in melee range of your pet for TT to work? I've used it once on normal Krosus when we were going for the achieve, stomp was cleaving too much. I just stood in melee the whole fight, which you can't really do on starboy. Can't really say anything about numbers since we were doing achieve, I just made sure I used it on cd where the next df was inside bw.

The sims for the BM boots are terrible. The actions list does not support the proper rotation for the boots at all so until someone can create a proper actions list that actually utilizes the boots its hard to say how good/bad the boots are. With the belt nothing changes at all, you can just do more than you could without the belt so sims are better for the belt than they are for the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    The sims for the BM boots are terrible. The actions list does not support the proper rotation for the boots at all so until someone can create a proper actions list that actually utilizes the boots its hard to say how good/bad the boots are. With the belt nothing changes at all, you can just do more than you could without the belt so sims are better for the belt than they are for the boots.
    I simmed it and with boots i had over 80 kill commands and 748k
    Kill Command 80.6 - interval 3.70sec

Without boots (with trinket) i had 71 kill commands and 755k
    Kill Command 71.5 interval 4.19sec

So the difference is not that big. Maybe sims cant handle it properly i dont know.
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...