Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Ugh see this is why I kind of hate the move to discord for guides (and our guilds forums but that's another issue altogether). There's little permanence with discord. Don't get me wrong I love discord as well, but I feel like a lot is lost with it. I'm thinking of switching my main back to my hunter, and usually there would be 100 or 200 pages to read here and learn a lot of intricacies of the class that you don't get from the guides. So, a few questions:
    The problem with that is that things change. You'd be reading through 200 pages of, at best, somewhat accurate information and at worst completely outdated info and data.

The benefit of Discord is in several things:
    - Highly active communities with contributors who really know what they are talking about. Speaking about the Hunter discord, I'm confident that you'll get an answer to whatever question within 5 minutes (often much less). Even if you ask your question at the worst possible time (like 5am CET), there's always someone who will pick it up and expand on it later on. While there's plenty of banter in Discord, the Hunter one is actually quite civil and even the shitposting is relatively decent (compared to the Rogue Discord for example, which is a mess).
    - There is permanence in the form of channel pins and they are being maintained properly. Plenty of servers have the most relevant information set up in one or several pins so you can quickly and easily weed out the most crucial posts that you "need" to read.
    - Discord fosters exploratory discussion like a forum never could, because you interact in real time. Coming from someone who grew up in the mIRC era (as a gamer), I thoroughly enjoy going back to this.

There is some merit of course to how you can catalogue very specific topics of discussion effortlessly on forums, something you can't do to that extend on Discord, but I feel like the 2 complement each other perfectly. If only there were way more active users on this forum, that's always been the issue with forums, it still attracts a fairly limited type of gamer who enjoys discussing and interacting like this.

Class Discords, and how they grew into what they are today in a very large part thanks to the contributions of a small amount of highly involved individuals, is the best thing that happened to WoW communities since the introduction of Paid Server Transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    - Discord fosters exploratory discussion like a forum never could, because you interact in real time. Coming from someone who grew up in the mIRC era (as a gamer), I thoroughly enjoy going back to this.
    This is easily my favorite thing about it as well.

Haven't been on Discord to check and didn't see it on IV, but is there a base crit you want before starting the Stomp/Zoo build and is there any Mastery rating you don't want to fall under, or does Mastery even really matter at all?
    Running about 44% crit and didn't know if I could fall below that much to try other legendaries (pretty much locked to Sephuz to reach that).

There is not a set base crit because the choice of build doesn't just depend on Crit, it depends on legendaries available, Haste, set bonuses and other factors, so it's simply not that clear-cut. Having under 30% would suck, I suppose. 44% is on the higher end, though I've seen 50%+.

For these very character-specific questions, all you can do is sim your best gearset for yourself. It's so easy these days.

Deleted
    Hey guys.
    I have no idea what talent should I play.
    I have only Apex ring and Qapla boots.
    Should i use Stomp or Dire Frenzy ?
    Should i use Kiler Cobra or Aspect of the Beast?

The guide details your choice of talents pretty well for a number of situations. Though it also does say you should sim it to be sure.. Raidbots.com

Deleted
    Ive just read somewhere that Boots mess up with killer cobra (reset KC), and aspect is better.

Yeah, you definitely want to use Aspect when using the boots, and stomp build is likely better with that setup as well. But I'd sim it to be sure

I'm confused. My 935 Tome of Unraveling Sanity just beat my 885 Arcano by 10k dps as BM. Should I trust the sims, or do you think there might be something wonky going on here?

I use a 925 Engine as my other trinket.
    Last edited by madokbro; 2017-10-09 at 09:14 AM.

The standard answer to all such questions is always: If the sim was performed correctly, then it is fair to assume that the answer is correct. Arcano is best for BM with really good gear and high item level (in every other slot), as this boosts secondary values.

If still in doubt, it helps if you post the Raidbots sim link here.

1) It's Weekly when it should be Nightly.
    2) Crucible data is "Missing" which means either you haven't unlocked crucibles at all, or you're using an outdated simulationcraft addon.

That said it doesn't seem that odd for 935 Tome to be better than 885 arcano

I haven't been using an addon actually, I guess I should have. Thanks for the suggestions!

Armory import is useless because it doesn't include crucible stuff, using the addon is the only correct way to do it (also faster, easier, so yeah)

7+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of raidbot, is there a standard option to effectively sim aoe fights? The first one being 'hectic and Cleave' under Fight style. (Usually patchwerk is used) The second option is found in the boss tab when you switch to two bosses with the added text Two bosses up at all times, good for multitarget sims. I understand both definitions, but which one is mostly used for ToS?

Well... there is fights with lots of adds every now and then and there no fights with a permanent 2nd add up (except for FA, but we're not cleaving there). That should kinda give it away.

For ranged specs, you really should only use Patchwerk and just add more targets as needed (and in the case of Mythic+, adjust the fight length to 1-2 min fights too).

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, thanks found it. Didn't know you had to insert it manually.

Azor, I simmed myself using the addon this time, and Tome still beat Arcano by 8k, so I switched it. Thanks for the help.

I'm glad I don't have to use an 885 item anymore, felt super weird.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    As someone with an 885 arcanocrystal and a 930 Tome w/ a socket, I also sim higher with the Tome. Anecdotal I know, but goes along with what you've seen.