Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Updated Stormwind Guard armor confirmed to be able to be acquired.

You can unlock them by having a Dwarven Armory. The equivelant for Horde has Orgrimmar Grunt armor. Neither seems to have an armor type requirement ATM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post

You can unlock them by having a Dwarven Armory. The equivelant for Horde has Orgrimmar Grunt armor. Neither seems to have an armor type requirement ATM.

Nice that it can be aquired, but I can't help notice the irony of a Dwarven lady in a Dwarven Armory selling human Stormwind armor. WTB other (updated) racial armor as well. (Yes, I can wait till later patches.)
    Last edited by Awbee; 2014-08-07 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Nice that it can be aquired, but I can't help notice the irony of a Dwarven lady in a Dwarven Armory selling human Stormwind armor. WTB other racial armor as well. (Yes, I can wait till later patches.)

This, I can't be the only Blood Elf that wants Spellbreaker armor!

I don't know what to think about it being Cosmetic. It's nice that anyone can wear it but it's going to feel a bit weird with Warlocks and Druids running around dressed like Stormwind Footmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    This, I can't be the only Blood Elf that wants Spellbreaker armor!

Honestly, if the armor designers can find some spare hours, it'd be amazing to see one armor set per armor class and race, for all the races in game. I.e. a Night Elf cloth set, a Night Elf mail set, a Night elf leather set, a Night Elf plate set ... and this for all the races. It would make all the guards in game look a lot better, and it would be extremely nice for transmog and for the roleplaying communities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I don't know what to think about it being Cosmetic. It's nice that anyone can wear it but it's going to feel a bit weird with Warlocks and Druids running around dressed like Stormwind Footmen.
    It's not Plate? -.-

See the comment I just made above. This should be the Plate set, with other armor classes to follow.

Question to beta testers - rougly, how long does it take to get enugh mats and proper level of the building? Are you looking for a few hours grind, or few weeks of grinding mobs for drops (or however it actually works)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Well, it could just be that its not implemented yet to be plate. The Orc Transmog gear for instance had the mail (thunder lord) and leather (war song) armor swapped armor type.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Question to beta testers - rougly, how long does it take to get enugh mats and proper level of the building? Are you looking for a few hours grind, or few weeks of grinding mobs for drops (or however it actually works)?
    Idk exactly as I just used the instant lvl 3 garrison with max lvl 100 character. You get garrison resources primarily through A. Lumber mill (can be either purchased or given to you in Gorgrond) and B. Killing rares.

Stormwind guard armor only needs lvl 1 Dwarven armory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    This. Is. Awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    No complaints. Might be nice to be a rogue rocking Stormwind guard armor. I agree with Awbee, though. Looking forward to getting my hands on the Ironforge version, hopefully in a later patch.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Honestly, if the armor designers can find some spare hours, it'd be amazing to see one armor set per armor class and race, for all the races in game. I.e. a Night Elf cloth set, a Night Elf mail set, a Night elf leather set, a Night Elf plate set ... and this for all the races. It would make all the guards in game look a lot better, and it would be extremely nice for transmog and for the roleplaying communities.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not Plate? -.-

See the comment I just made above. This should be the Plate set, with other armor classes to follow.
    Yeah, that would be nice as a matter of fact, though I have a human paladin and orc death knight on an RP server, so I'll be (attempting to) getting both sets for them two
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I have any characters I can see myself wearing that on, but the armor itself is pretty rad so that's definitely cool.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I can only imagine the ramifications this will have on Moon Guard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I can only imagine the ramifications this will have on Moon Guard.
    From what I've heard about that server, who'll need gear? *shudder* Glad I'm not on the US servers to witness such horrors.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Well, it could just be that its not implemented yet to be plate. The Orc Transmog gear for instance had the mail (thunder lord) and leather (war song) armor swapped armor type.
    No. It's not that it doesn't have an armour type - it is catagorized as "Cosmetic" which is it's own special universal armour type, same as the store helms.

The clan gear was a change of mind. This has been intentionally set up to be Cosmetic.

Deleted
    Are there any screenshots of this set (on character?)

10+ Year Old Account

This is the new Guard set for those wondering, I assume there is a horde vendor somewhere too for the new horde set!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Definitely using the Orgrimmar set on my Orc death knight. Surprised it isn't a plate set, but that's cool with me.

What's this about a change to the clan transmog sets?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    What's this about a change to the clan transmog sets?
    Nothing really. They just swapped the Leather and Mail sets around.

Nothing really. They just swapped the Leather and Mail sets around.
    Oh really? So Thunderlord = Leather and Warsong = Mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I might transmog my blood elf into the Orc armor for a laugh, as for the human one my Mage is so wearing it, battle mages finally playable!