Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    That comic was intense! Loved it! MORE PLEASE!

- - - Updated - - -

Loved that Comic! Bring more please!! Great way to tell more about the story!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Well, if that is the final price, I hope Blizzard is braced for the incoming s@%t storm that they are going to be hit with, because at that price, hardly anyone will actually buy the bike.

With Bartering, for 8k more gold, you can get the Grand Expedition Yak. The Yak comes with two passengers seats, which are filled with a Repair Vendor and a Reforger (replaced with a Transmogrifier in WoD). The bike is a single-seat mount with nothing special about it other than its origin.
    Funny how people keep referring to their reaction to Blizzard decisions as shitstorms. Even funnier how Blizzard hasn't caved to any of them yet.

(Alliance chopper was obviously going in game somehow, they had art assets ready the same time they had Horde's)

I think Blizzard is more than capable of handling any 'shitstorm' that the same vocal minority of players want to give them. People will buy this mount, people will get along without flying, people will have fun in WoD. Lighten up and maybe you will too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    Funny how people keep referring to their reaction to Blizzard decisions as shitstorms. Even funnier how Blizzard hasn't caved to any of them yet.

(Alliance chopper was obviously going in game somehow, they had art assets ready the same time they had Horde's)

I think Blizzard is more than capable of handling any 'shitstorm' that the same vocal minority of players want to give them. People will buy this mount, people will get along without flying, people will have fun in WoD. Lighten up and maybe you will too.
    Oh, and you, the "silent majority" horde are always so right and righteous.
    Not.
    Just because you learned an internet terminology doesn't make you right.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post

First off, three things there are not the same thing or even remotely related, second, I am damn near gold cap and I will not purchase a bike with 1 seat, or even a second empty one for 100k, I don't usually join in on bitching and moaning, but this is outright ridiculous. Third, lumping in flying, having fun, and this chopper, as being together, as I already mentioned once, makes no sense at all.

"A pretty substancial sum" lol 100k is nothing, pretty pleased with that price. It doesn't vendors/extra seat I know, but neither do most of the TCG mounts that go for much higher because they are unique models.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've player Horde for 7 years, and even I realize this "contest" was not a contest at all. There was no possible way the Alliance would have ever won that. This was nothing more then another means to "Faction bait" again. Blizzard does this all the time at Blizzcon, and other public events. Just watching Azeroth Choppers, you can clearly tell Metzen was only on the Alliance team, merely for the sake of PR. There is no "Alliance Pride" another. Every time someone says they play Alliance, there's always some retarded Horde players calling them fa**ots, or some shit. The majority of the Horde is made up of these little shits, who think they're so fucking cool because they're an Undead, or Orc. Mix that with Blizzard's blatant favoritism, and you're got yourselves one massive clusterfuck of entitlement. I feel sorry for the Alliance at this point. 100k for a god damn mount? That's just overkill, and another middle finger.
    Last edited by Synros; 2014-08-08 at 09:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well those exp buffs are gonna suck especially if they don't make WoD's quests' exp reward scale more appropriately compared to the previous two expansions. Expect to be stuck a level or two before cap and having to chain run dungeons and hunt for any unflagged World events and rares to hit cap now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    "A pretty substancial sum" lol 100k is nothing, pretty pleased with that price. It doesn't vendors/extra seat I know, but neither do most of the TCG mounts that go for much higher because they are unique models.
    Believe it or not, but not everyone who plays WoW treats the AH as a mini-game, or wants to spend hours on end farming mats to sell on the AH, or grind dailies for gold.

It's a safe bet that the percentage of players who actually HAVE 100k gold is an extreme minority of the base.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Believe it or not, but not everyone who plays WoW treats the AH as a mini-game, or wants to spend hours on end farming mats to sell on the AH, or grind dailies for gold.

It's a safe bet that the percentage of players who actually HAVE 100k gold is an extreme minority of the base.
    It is a small percentage, and as someone who does treat the AH as a mini-game, even I think this is some massive BS on pricing, it is either NOT DONE YET, which I hope is the case, or they really are out of touch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    ...or they really are out of touch.
    They can see the history of all gold and mount acquisition.

You are thinking of the mount in terms of one that you can buy right away. Sure, a small amount will. The idea wasn't really to have everyone on it right away though or at least that was my understanding. I mean every expansion there are gold sinks that are pretty much just vanity items, that give people something to strive for. A carrot on a stick if you will. People are a) comparing it to a yak instead of say, a magic rooster, and b) comparing it to all horde get their mount immediately, surely it would be a price that all ally would get it immediately. It's kind of entitled. To be fair I think for the majority of playerbase you could drop it to about 60k it's still a carrot for people to work towards buying.

Blizzard is high if they think anyone, even the richest people, are going to buy that mount for 100k.
    Pretty much, if it stays this price, which I think is likely now they haven't countered it and the rep thing.

No passengers, no vendor, no flight, no point unless you like the look, which some do, but from the evidence of the vote, and the vast majority of what has been posted for weeks, most hate it.

Can't say I like it myself, I even voted Horde because it looked far better and I don't have a single high level horde char.

I have more than 100k but I'd wager 90% of players are closer to 10k or less, and there's another thing, at least personally, I've found the more gold I made, the less I'd spend/want to spend, and I've wasted plenty of gold, getting the cenarion mount and the quel'danas example back when it was current, my friends thought I was nuts paying 1k for a title and 2k? (iirc) for a mount back then.

increased xp from 89 to 90... WHY!?!!!!

So it will still take about 50 quests per level to ding in WoD, without taking into factor killing creatures.

Nothing to complain about, here....

Deleted
    Inbetween all the bitching, did anyone actually read the comic?

'twas EPIC!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    Inbetween all the bitching, did anyone actually read the comic?

'twas EPIC!
    Indeed! was intense!

Yet another thing I will not have!

this contest was a big show fail from the beginning..

blizz give their lovely horde a mount for free and the underdogs pay 100k gold?!

this is a hard fuck in every alliance face!

First off, three things there are not the same thing or even remotely related, second, I am damn near gold cap and I will not purchase a bike with 1 seat, or even a second empty one for 100k, I don't usually join in on bitching and moaning, but this is outright ridiculous. Third, lumping in flying, having fun, and this chopper, as being together, as I already mentioned once, makes no sense at all.
    Oh that's nice you're almost gold capped, what are you going to do with all that gold? Let it sit and rot?

OH GOD there is #1, it means more comics are coming again! OH YISS!