Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    100% of your PRO list can be done on Private Server .. if people rly wanna try it out there a tons of these kind of servers out there which run quite smoothly

Quote Originally Posted by Porkisyum View Post
    Just like you play current live top raid tier every week over and over again 3 times over.
    But I know there will be new things eventually. Blizz has said it many times: stagnation is against their philosophy for this game. Deal with it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quit whining and be happy you are getting a molten core designated dungeon for the 10th anniversary of WoW, and a corehound mount. Witch Please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    But I know there will be new things eventually.
    Only takes a year!
    52 weeks x3 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Think thats way more times then you did AQ40 back in the day if you did it at all that is because most people didn't back then (or wiped at the trash and claim they did do AQ40).
    Just an example.

And perhaps it might be all new and refreshing since you haven't done it in like 8 years or so if you ever did it in the first place other then run through it at level 90 wich gives 0 idea of what it was like.
    Or the awesome pre-event wich we get none of these days.

Only takes a year!
    I'll take a year over never anyday. Plus I haven't been subbed all through this content drought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. At some point they will. Why? Because there is a market for it that isn't being satiated by the current product. Blizzard understands this and it's in their nature to capitalize upon this when the timing is right. This will not happen for a very long time though. A wise poster with a Greyfox avatar pointed out that releasing these next to the current live iteration of the game would be less than ideal and explained why eloquently and accurately.

It's not something I personally want or think I will want in the future, but I can understand the desire for this. I recommend looking into some older MMORPGs or just taking a break from WoW for a little while so as to be able to enjoy it in it's current/future form(s) upon returning. This is really the only option for you for the time being as releasing Warcraft legacy servers currently or in the near future just isn't a sound business move for Blizzard.

The replies in this thread are mostly rude and dismissive without much or any reasoning or explanation. This is not to say that there aren't some excellent replies in here, but there are a lot of post count booster replies in here.

Feenix has over 4000 people online each day at peak times. On weekends it hits over 5,000.

If Blizzard had TBC servers I'd still be subscribed vs reality which is I haven't. Instead they want to continue to shoot themselves in the foot with continuing and enhancing the "looking for retard" game design they have going on now.
    Last edited by Brooxi; 2014-08-10 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    I'll take a year over never anyday. Plus I haven't been subbed all through this content drought.
    Thing is, vast majority of current players didn't experience vanilla so it's practicly new to them.
    You don't have to give everything at once or put m straight into the bc prepatch or w/e, can release content over time just like on live.
    And since the content doesn't need to be designed or anything, just patched it doesn't have to take a year to get a new raid tier on those servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Soptklan View Post
    You would add some of old stuff on menu? There is no need for new restaurant.

yes which is basically what wow does now, we still have the old content albeit evolved into the new overall model, but vanilla only servers are asking for the new restaurant

Thing is, vast majority of current players didn't experience vanilla so it's practicly new to them.
    Many specs being completely broken would be new to them aswell, doesn't mean they would like it.

I'd love to play some content locked servers, tbh. I want to play my favorite iterations of my favorite classes and specs, and for me, several of them were slaughtered in the Cata transition. I don't want to do a private server, I would prefer a Blizz official one.

I call BS on the 'we don't have the code' part, though. It is an excuse. Keeping old versions, say, last patch of each expansion, wouldn't take up much space and it keeps a history of the game to reference and use at any future point in time; in fact, it would've been foolish to do what they did in Cata without a copy of the world prior to it. Not to mention, these old versions of the game can be downloaded across the interweb ... how do you think those private servers run? They are using those old versions of the client and server. They exist!

It may not happen soon or ever; but no reason to piss on the hopes of people that want it badly. If you like the current game better, great! Respect that others don't. Both are right, they are opinions about how a game feels to the individual and what they prefer.

If vanilla servers that are private (And free presumably) get that much traffic, why not just use them? Imagine the QQ on the forums when people find out Blizzard is spending their resources on making past expansion servers? There would be riots in the streets.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be just a matter of time until the servers have less than 100 players on them. Yes you may enjoy it for a month or two but then what? You'll get bored and quit. Like what most people do with private servers, they get their dose of nostalgia then leave the private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    It may not happen soon or ever; but no reason to piss on the hopes of people that want it badly.
    Is it ok that Blizz does it instead of us?

Deleted
    People are complaining a LOT about no new content after less than a year now and get bored/leave.
    On such servers, you'd have no new content on the horizon ever. It would always stay exactly the same. How long do people think such servers would be crowded?

It's just not worth it, and most likely will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    People are complaining a LOT about no new content after less than a year now and get bored/leave.
    On such servers, you'd have no new content on the horizon ever. It would always stay exactly the same. How long do people think such servers would be crowded?

It's just not worth it, and most likely will never happen.
    -snip- has been around for 2 years now and they're still breaking record amounts of people online. As I said in my previous post they average over 4,000 a day at peak times and over 5,000 on weekends.

Mod-note: Please do not announce/share names of private servers.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-08-10 at 08:27 PM.

You can't talk about specific private servers here, just so you know.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    -snip-has been around for 2 years now and they're still breaking record amounts of people online. As I said in my previous post they average over 4,000 a day at peak times and over 5,000 on weekends.
    And exactly how many of those 4k stick around for more than 1 month?
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-08-10 at 08:28 PM.

Deleted
    Many specs being completely broken would be new to them aswell, doesn't mean they would like it.
    Nothing new in the game being broken its something you experience on live aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    -snip-has been around for 2 years now and they're still breaking record amounts of people online. As I said in my previous post they average over 4,000 a day at peak times and over 5,000 on weekends.
    And how many of those people only play there because it's free? I don't know, but I can imagine that this is a reason for quite some people to choose a private server (regardless of the applied patch there) - and could imagine that regular Vanilla servers wouldn't have that many players around after a while.

Like I said, people bitch about the fact that they pay a sub and don't get new content on live servers already, and SoO isn't even a year out now.
    Vanilla servers would mean that you would be stuck in Naxxramas like...forever until you quit.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-08-10 at 08:28 PM.