... LastLast

And they are nerfing shamans even more

This time tremor totem is the victim

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/493652567532908544

Deleted
    rip in pieces pvp

Lol, wow.

Poor shamans.

To some degree I understand why they're doing this, since most instant fears are getting the axe. On the other hand, pet macro's will completely dominate Shamans again, like the "good" old days in WotLK.

Those Lock pets that put you to sleep are going to be my nemesis.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now it will be like fear ward on a much shorter cooldown. 100% needed change. Tremor is (was) completely broken OP in the new meta.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    difference is that fear ward lasts 3 min while tremor only lasts 6 seconds, imo they should increase the tremor totem duration after this change

I literally laughed at this. I don't want to be too judgmental because I don't know all of the details but this seems silly to me as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    To some degree I understand why they're doing this, since most instant fears are getting the axe. On the other hand, pet macro's will completely dominate Shamans again, like the "good" old days in WotLK.
    AoE fears by anyone that is competent are going to be all but guaranteed now.

Tremor was imba in it's current form, particularly with Call of Elements. It didn't really allow for a counter-play by the fearing party. Now the roles are reversed. Whenever someone comes in to AoE fear you, you're forced to either eat the fear or drop the totem and pray they fear with it up. Any competent player will hold that fear until the totem duration is over or destroyed.

It'll be interesting to see what other changes are happening in conjunction with this change.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    difference is that fear ward lasts 3 min while tremor only lasts 6 seconds, imo they should increase the tremor totem duration after this change
    Most priests just put it up before they expect to be feared; it is too easily dispelled otherwise.

Whilst I completely understand why they made the change (Tremor Totem has always been over the top), it's looking pretty bleak for shamans in PvP atm.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-07-28 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slvlol View Post
    AoE fears by anyone that is competent are going to be all but guaranteed now.

Tremor was imba in it's current form, particularly with Call of Elements. It didn't really allow for a counter-play by the fearing party. Now the roles are reversed. Whenever someone comes in to AoE fear you, you're forced to either eat the fear or drop the totem and pray they fear with it up. Any competent player will hold that fear until the totem duration is over or destroyed.

It'll be interesting to see what other changes are happening in conjunction with this change.
    Except for the fact that competent players will indeed wait until the Tremor is gone, but in most cases, you just have to eat the fear. If the fear caster really knows what they're doing, they can easily fear you even if you have your Tremor ready. Don't even need instant fear either. Back in WotLK Tremor didn't have a cooldown nor could it be used while feared. Even without the cooldown we got plenty feared because of pet macro's. This will be even worse, I know the current situation wasn't ideal either as it practically made fear useless for the first 20-ish seconds. But this isn't the answer either.

Deleted
    As I am playing shaman: This nerf was needed. Cmon, really, it was just too easy to counter fears and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    As I am playing shaman: This nerf was needed. Cmon, really, it was just too easy to counter fears and everything.
    Although that's true, without a slight buff somewhere else, or a cooldown reduction on Tremor, this will really hurt Shamans, especially Resto ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Except for the fact that competent players will indeed wait until the Tremor is gone, but in most cases, you just have to eat the fear. If the fear caster really knows what they're doing, they can easily fear you even if you have your Tremor ready. Don't even need instant fear either. Back in WotLK Tremor didn't have a cooldown nor could it be used while feared. Even without the cooldown we got plenty feared because of pet macro's. This will be even worse, I know the current situation wasn't ideal either as it practically made fear useless for the first 20-ish seconds. But this isn't the answer either.
    You basically just said everything I did (hint: I was agreeing this change is bad). That being said, we have a number of ways to deal with castable fears, via Shear, LoS, and Grounding. On live, we're pretty much a hard counter to fears. And yes, we did get feared a lot in WotLK, however unless I missed it, totem stomping macros aren't making a come back.

But I'll say it again, this is a bad change because it removes any counter play from the shaman with regard to instant cast fears. We have counter play options to prevent castable fears so there is really nothing to complain about there.

I just quote myself from the other thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    to be honest I'm not sure if it changes so much.
    not sure how arena is in wod but in mop a lot of classes can spam fear and other cc where tremor is useful. so most of the time it is on cd anyway cause you wanted to get out your healer from cc. and this is still working.
    but for fights against teams with just a priest and/or a warrior it gets harder now. that's good because their cd is relative high. at least you know when the priest is running into the group he wants to fear^^

so I guess shamans are now also the main target of fear/sleep cause then they can't use the totem to get out
    in the last weeks I often got silenced or interrupted/stunned before fear so I couldn't get out our healer anyway.

for pve it gonna sucks. depends on the fear and if they have a cast time or not.

Going off the current live meta, horrible change. Can't really comment on WoD though, i hope it evens out with the tuned down CC and instant casts.

You guys realise fears are weaker in WoD? And they're not hard to bait.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    You guys realise fears are weaker in WoD? And they're not hard to bait.
    and I think that is the reason they nerfed tremor. to balance it even. I mean tremor is still useful to get out your team if you are not affected and all aoe fears have a range limit. it just won't work as trinket anymore.

I just hope they apply same rule to mages also. Blink out of stuns is same as totem out of fears.

Quote Originally Posted by slvlol View Post
    You basically just said everything I did (hint: I was agreeing this change is bad). That being said, we have a number of ways to deal with castable fears, via Shear, LoS, and Grounding. On live, we're pretty much a hard counter to fears. And yes, we did get feared a lot in WotLK, however unless I missed it, totem stomping macros aren't making a come back.

But I'll say it again, this is a bad change because it removes any counter play from the shaman with regard to instant cast fears. We have counter play options to prevent castable fears so there is really nothing to complain about there.
    I know, hence the "indeed" at the start. I just added a WotLK comparison, where Shamans got fear spammed because they couldn't use Tremor while feared either. And back then it didn't have a CD, so tremor basically became useless, when it comes to protecting yourself. It'll of course still be very powerful team-wise.