Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Concerns about LFR loot

Highmaul normal loot is datamined to be 655, so given 15 ilvl difference that puts LFR into 640.

That is 10 item level higher than H dungeon and same as crafted stuff, and it appears too big of a upgrade compared to heroic dungeon loot contrary to what they have said initially?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

This has been talked about to death. LFR item level is fine at 640 since it will open in slow wings compared to heroic dungeons which can be repeated many times at launch when gearing. There needs to be some incentive for people to run LFR.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    This has been talked about to death. LFR item level is fine at 640 since it will open in slow wings compared to heroic dungeons which can be repeated many times at launch when gearing. There needs to be some incentive for people to run LFR.
    Why is it fine at 640? The difference is almost big as a tier. Given double droprates it will be too big of an upgrade to ignore.

And no one knew about the actual item levels until very recently, so don't pretend it was known for ages because simply it wasn't.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2014-08-12 at 05:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Normal at 655 and heroic (not mythic) at 670 will be good enough to never step into LFR which drops no tier and good trinkets.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Why is it fine at 640? The difference is almost big as a tier. Given double droprates it will be too big of an upgrade to ignore.

And no one knew about the actual item levels until very recently, so don't pretend it was known for ages because simply it wasn't.
    It has been known for ages that LFR loot would be higher ilevel than heroic 5-man loot. By the time LFR opens if you haven't already spammed heroic 5-mans and gotten into normal+ content you belong in LFR it's part of your progression. Blizzard wants to make LFR unappealing for dedicated raiders, if you're not geared for raiding before LFR opens you're not very dedicated. Most of the reason to run LFR wasn't the tiny ilevel boost, it was for tier and trinkets. The former has been removed from LFR, the latter has been neutered.

Let it go.

The issue I see is the crafted gear is shit. Mixed with the nerfing of profession combat perks another reason less and less will touch them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I guess the reasoning is that it keeps as many people as possible running LfR, thus shortening the queues.

Two things could wreck LfR (And Blizz doesn't want that, no matter how much some people do want it): crappy itemlevel loot and unbearably long queue-times, so the itemlevel is reasonable (Worth the extra time-per-run and longer resets over heroics) and queues are tolerably short, because the hardcore raiders would play while sitting on a cactus if they believed it would help their performance, so despite their big words, they'll be there :P

So yeah, it's possible to skip over LfR if you really REALLY hate it (Raids will supposedly be tuned to be doable in heroic blues), but it won't be absolutely optimal, seems about right to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a perfect solution for me, cant stand LFR and this makes it feel irrelevant, those 10 ilvls are not enough to drive me in to LFR if there is no tier/decent trinkets.

Don't like it don't do it.

So tired of blizzard shiting on LFR because of the 0.1% who bitch about it. The ilvl is fine and you can gear faster in heroic's and be raid ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It has been known for ages that LFR loot would be higher ilevel than heroic 5-man loot. By the time LFR opens if you haven't already spammed heroic 5-mans and gotten into normal+ content you belong in LFR it's part of your progression. Blizzard wants to make LFR unappealing for dedicated raiders, if you're not geared for raiding before LFR opens you're not very dedicated. Most of the reason to run LFR wasn't the tiny ilevel boost, it was for tier and trinkets. The former has been removed from LFR, the latter has been neutered.

Let it go.
    This sums it up nicely.

The ilvl in lfr is fine.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post

Let it go.
    Good post, some people are delusional on where they're at. There will also be a Challenge Mode daily quest that gives you LFR ilvl gear.

Deleted
    This Horse again. Really, is it that hard for people to comprehend the following structure of gearing has been prevalent at the start of the game and at every expansion since the very first days of the game ?

Dropped item's -> Quest Items -> Normal Dungeon -> Heroic Dungeon* ->Raid Tiers.
    * as of TBC and the introduction of the Heroic Raid system

if you dont want to step foot into LFR, then Don't NO ONE IS FORCING YOU. you will still be able to enter raids without LFR gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    if you dont want to step foot into LFR, then Don't NO ONE IS FORCING YOU. you will still be able to enter raids without LFR gear.
    Except that it will become the standard for pugs to only take people with a certain itemlevel - which will require LFR Gear to achieve.

Deleted
    I'm more concerned about LFR droprates.

My endgame will consist hc dungeons AND LFR, as i'm not interested of "real raiding" at all. I don't really enjoy LFR, but its "best" ilvl loot for me, and higher ilvl helps me with future questing/farming/old raid soloing/whatever, even if leet hc raiders say that i dont need any gear if i don't raid. I just hope that LFR really have better droprates than now as they said.

2-3 runs of LFR for welfare epixxx and hc dungeons for points(?)/whatever is my thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Instrument View Post
    Except that it will become the standard for pugs to only take people with a certain itemlevel - which will require LFR Gear to achieve.
    If you PuG at this point during the expansion, LFR is your progression route, so there's nothing wrong with you needing the gear from there.

Raid guilds and groups of friends who regularly raid together, will already have been busy in normal mode and maybe even a bit of heroic by the time that LFR opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    If you PuG at this point during the expansion, LFR is your progression route, so there's nothing wrong with you needing the gear from there.

Raid guilds and groups of friends who regularly raid together, will already have been busy in normal mode and maybe even a bit of heroic by the time that LFR opens.
    How long afterwards will the wings open? I'm behind the times. I thought heroic 5 man gear would still be better than LFR gear. This post is news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post

At what point in the expansion ? the moment LFR opens, none of your Alts that are not normal geared atleast will be able to pug without LFR gear

Quote Originally Posted by Instrument View Post
    At what point in the expansion ? the moment LFR opens, none of your Alts that are not normal geared atleast will be able to pug without LFR gear
    I sort of agree. You don't "need" LFR like you don't need them now, like you didn't need dailies when MoP launched, etc. Yeah, you don't need them, but you're cutting off a lot of character progression by ignoring them. I just sorta rolled my eyes because they were going to make 5 man heroics "equal to or better" (or something like that) to make heroics and 5 mans more popular.. but it seems they have changed their minds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    I thought experiencing the content was the incentive.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Haha, your funny
    I would absolutly never do content if it diden't have a chance for gear.. The whole "tourist mode" is a horrible idea.. If i wanna see the content there is youtube/twitch
    I coulden't care less if every boss was a giant target dummy patchwerk fight in bland endless white rooms in every raid aslong as i get gear for doing it and that will always be my reason too raid

- - - Updated - - -

You raid for gear
    You don't gear for raids

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    This has been said in every LfR-loot debate so far: MMO's are designed for players to repeat content, a lot of times. Just the scenery won't have players coming in there every week, therefore there needs to be incentive beyond great scenery and lore, which in WoW's case means loot.