Heroic Garrosh 25 Man, Brew Monk Kiting

So we are getting to the point where its on our monk to make sure we get to P4, and he's pretty new and still getting used to kiting them.

So here are a few questions I have...

Should he be using a tank legendary cloak...

Vial of Corruption tank trinket.....

Rooks Trinket for the aoe damage reduction....

Atm this is his current set up... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achfist/simple

Critique it all plz...

Gears don't affect kiting capability much. You aren't supposed to get hit by the adds anyway, except maybe when picking new adds up (but most of the time it won't be dangerous). It's not like you will never ever get any heal while kiting

10+ Year Old Account
    For kiting no particular gear is needed. I use the same set of talents as he does so that's good too. But it depends on each raid's dps. When we didn't skip second intermission, the first empowered whirlwind boss casted we stacked near the lower left corner of room (if you look at boss from the balcony), I just threw dizzying haze at adds as they spawned and when they finished spawning, our DK gripped them to my statue and warlock stunned them. Then, I kited along the sides of room, stunning them at the upper left and lower right corner, and when I was running near our raid, boss already began casting 2nd empowered whirlwind, so I just picked up adds and kited clockwise again. Use rolls at corners or when adds get close and pop Diffuse Magic / Guard when you have to run over Desecrated Weapon.

Now, we skip 2nd intermission, so it's much, much easier. Just pick up the adds once and kite them clockwise until boss switches to P4. I think I have a video of it somewhere, but I will have to find it.
    Meanwhile, you can take look at one of our earlier kills (with no skipping) and replay the fight, you will see me kiting them. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...3V#view=replay - whirlwind starts at 06:40
    Last edited by Mirean; 2014-08-13 at 09:49 PM.

Ya he probably should be using the tank cloak, but no to the tank trinkets. No reason to use them. Not even real tanks used them.

Cloak is just safety for when hes out of range of the raid and some reason takes dmg, whirl, weapon etc.

He should call for AoE stuns / aoe grip to his statue if hes really having trouble, but I know my offtank monk I have done this whole tier with has never needed help kiting in P3 his first pull he did it perfectly and we got to p4 and he didnt even mess up ironstar. Long as you do wide enough turns you can't possibly get hit by adds. P4 iron star is a absolute joke to kite and if he some reason cant do that just have a warlock or kitty druid do it. They passively run faster than the star with nothing, but there is no reason a brew can't do it. Momentum is stupid op for kiting it. 1 roll and you stay ahead and a 2nd to refresh the run speed for the end.

I was just thinking, because he has been caught before, the cloak would give him that cheat death chance to survive...

Having the vial would reduce the cd on guard and other things.

Rooks, to just help reduce aoe damage from Empowered whirl....

Well vial wouldn't matter due to not being able to build chi on anything other than Expel which wouldn't matter since its CD would mean guard every 30 sec which is unneeded. So no it wouldn't help. If hes dying to whirl hes kiting wrong. He should always be rounding around the boss during whirls. His kite path is bad.

He has plenty of CDs for whirl anyway. Zen Med and Diffuse Magic each cover 1 whirl a peice and take 0 dmg.

Deleted
    On a relatively unrelated note, a good idea for your monk is to spend some time running around shrine and counting down in their head. Doing this will help them get a feel for how time-space are related, so they can kite the iron star more effectively. It helped me a lot since i had to kite for my guild as a resto druid in 10man.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The tank cloak won't save him if he gets caught. He's gonna get meleed by all the adds and the cloak is only gonna save him from the one hit that would kill, the next swing will do him in. Just can't get caught, and it takes practice. Also remember if any add melee's him 10 times, it will empower and kill him. I know personally I HATTEEEDDD our dps by the end of garry progression for cleaving the adds and making life a hell. His gemming is a little...odd, he'll gain more from secondaries than Agility. As far as talent/glyph I personally use Tiger's Lust and Glyph of Rapid Rolling. Engineering belt speed boost is great too. The dps you'll gain from him using dps cloak is huge for all other phases unless you're not using him to tank anything. I know personally I solo tank phase 1 and do insane damage. I soak annihilates in intermission 1 with proper cd management, and the amount of damage you gain is huge. Does he have any other Agility trinket besides AOC? It does nothing other than the proc, the cd reduction is useless. Haromms, Ted, Thok's, stuff like that. Even Sigil of Rampage (cleave trinket) helps a little in phase one, though admittedly not much.

Tell him to look for Brutals video on youtube about kiting, it was amaazing for me when learning and helped me a ton. Also if he uses weak auras, he has an awesome phase 4 aura for the timing on the iron star. GL.
    Last edited by Sinthetik; 2014-08-14 at 12:15 PM.
    Sinthetik, Blood DK, BM Monk, GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime Progression Guild. 7/7 Mythic HM, 10/10 Mythic BRF. 12/13 Mythic, 13/13 Heroic HFC.