Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Women dies from Cannabis

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...joint-bed.html

Just going to leave this here with you, it's the daily mail so take it with a pinch of salt.

That isn't surprising. Even the drugs that many people like to consider to be 'harmless' have some nasty side effects. It's tragic but hopefully it'll help spread awareness and help prevent people from taking the drug.

If half a joint is enough to kill someone than I'm a miracle of life.

10+ Year Old Account
    One down, soooooo many more to go...

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-08-14 at 02:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

She smoked half a joint and died of "cannabis toxicity". If you even think about giving this any sort of credibility then you're stupid, simple as that.

Now, if she had a heart condition that was deemed to be severely exacerbated by getting stoned because of high anxiety further intensified by an extreme cannabinoid sensitivity, then maybe it would be almost plausible... maybe. But you literally cannot smoke enough weed to die from cannabinoid toxicity. You'd die of oxygen deprivation if you even tried. It's fucking impossible.

TL;DR Nah bro
    Last edited by tss; 2014-08-14 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

if half a joint could kill you i would have been dead 10X over today already

ok after a little look into it I found :

Dr. Bradley Flansbaum, a hospitalist at Lenox Hill Hospital, and Dr. Yasmin Hurd, professor of psychiatry at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, agreed that it is virtually impossible.

"From half a joint? That's ridiculous," Hurd said.

Both said that it is possible for someone to die after smoking pot if it had been laced with another drug. But that person would have died from the other, harder drug — not the cannabis.

"It would be very, very, very unlikely to get a lethal dose of the marijuana if wasn't adulterated with something," said Flansbaum.

"You would need to literally consume a third of your body weight in marijuana," Tvert said. "There are no acute marijuana deaths."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    One down, soooooo many more to go...
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    That isn't surprising. Even the drugs that many people like to consider to be 'harmless' have some nasty side effects. It's tragic but hopefully it'll help spread awareness and help prevent people from taking the drug.
    Oh, you!

/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Amen to that.
    Wow, scumbag much? Who are either of you to be so puritanically superior?

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-08-14 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Deleted
    Not really believable as the dose you need for it to be toxic is rather high.

Deleted
    I thought this sounded familiar, so I checked the date on the article:

Published: 12:54, 30 January 2014 | Updated: 06:22, 14 August 2014
    It was ignored when it was first posted due to being fear mongering bull shit such as the first line of this sentence (bolded part completely debunking the first line, so why is it even in the article???):

In Britain, official government statistics listed five deaths from cannabis in the period 1993-1995, but a House of Lords Report from 1998 reports that on closer examination these proved to have been deaths due to inhalation of vomit that could not be directly attributed to cannabis.
    I see no reason to change my mind on it since the "update"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact people would even believe this makes me realise that people just see headlines and start going "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!" without actually doing any actually research into the story.

Though from the looks of her it was probably one of multiple other drugs in her system that probably killed her.

This just seems to be a sensationalist bullshit headline since there are no specific "cannabis-only" deaths ever recorded and self-righteous dickbags are looking to try and start shit by making up stupid shit in news headlines.

Article says "A female friend told police Miss Moss smoked as much as £60 worth of the drug a week, although her family disputed this." so it sounds like it was probably a lot more than just the half joint which killed her.

But anyway... DailyMail so... yeah.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Article says "A female friend told police Miss Moss smoked as much as £60 worth of the drug a week, although her family disputed this." so it sounds like it was probably a lot more than just the half joint which killed her.

But anyway... DailyMail so... yeah.
    Even then she'd get nowhere close to the dose that is toxic.

Deleted
    oh noooooooo, I'm going to die!

The coroner seems so competent. He's quoted in this article
    He "looked through literature and it's well known that cannabis is of very low toxicity. But there are reports which say cannabis can be considered as a cause of death because it can induce a cardiac arrest".

It sounds as if he has absolutely no clue about cannabis and had to read up on it and somewhere found a source that says it might induce cardiac arrest.
    And since he has no idea what else could have killed her, it must have been the weed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    ok after a little look into it I found :
    Dr. Bradley Flansbaum, a hospitalist at Lenox Hill Hospital, and Dr. Yasmin Hurd, professor of psychiatry at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, agreed that it is virtually impossible.

"From half a joint? That's ridiculous," Hurd said.

Both said that it is possible for someone to die after smoking pot if it had been laced with another drug. But that person would have died from the other, harder drug — not the cannabis.

"It would be very, very, very unlikely to get a lethal dose of the marijuana if wasn't adulterated with something," said Flansbaum.
    THC, the principal psychoactive constituent of the cannabis plant, has an extremely low toxicity and the amount that can enter the body through the consumption of cannabis plants poses no threat of death. No fatal overdoses with cannabis use have been reported as of 2010. A review published in the British Journal of Psychiatry in February 2001 said that "no deaths directly due to acute cannabis use have ever been reported".

Would love for them to have done a 8 Panel test- and checked for either PCP or Cocaine which are common adulterants in street weed and could easily exacerbate a existing heart condition- but people die from abrupt cardiac failure all the time, they go their entire life with a hole in the heart before it kills them one morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Amen to that.
    Wishing death on others for having different lifestyles than yours is a big part of what's wrong with the world. Always has been. You should stop with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Wow, scumbag much? Who are either of you to be so puritanically superior?
    Who am I? Someone obviously smarter than this dumb bitch. I don't smoke pot, I'm smarter than that. I didn't have three kids and then essentially kill myself, again, because I'm smarter than that. So yes, I AM superior. Thanks for reminding me.

Now, I don't realistically believe it was the pot that killed her directly. It could have been a side effect, or something she did or did not do while she was high as a kite. As much as I fucking hate pot and pot smokers alike, I know enough about it to know you'd have to smoke STUPID amounts of it very rapidly to kill yourself with it.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2014-08-14 at 09:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

"Devout christian" didn't even have to read past that to know it's bullshit. plus it's daily mail...

10+ Year Old Account
    Impossible.