Deleted

Congratulations to the new moderators!

Title says it all. I know it's something that has been asked for for a long time, glad it's finally happened. Definitely the most deserving as your names pop in practically all new threads, always trying to help or educate (teaching about forum search tool!).
    Well done

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I'm not going to close this right away, as long as the thread doesn't turn burnt or otherwise bad, but this is technically off topic.

To give some insight, Monk is one of the more active forums and I was definitely asking for some help. You probably don't get to see me posting as much, since most of what I do has turned very behind the scenes.

So, I am pretty happy to see people interested in helping out. I will be working pretty closely with both new mods to keep our section clean :-)

Deleted
    Thank you Alys and gratz to all new mods!

Quote Originally Posted by Alysmera View Post
    Hey, I'm not going to close this right away, as long as the thread doesn't turn burnt or otherwise bad, but this is technically off topic.

To give some insight, Monk is one of the more active forums and I was definitely asking for some help. You probably don't get to see me posting as much, since most of what I do has turned very behind the scenes.

So, I am pretty happy to see people interested in helping out. I will be working pretty closely with both new mods to keep our section clean :-)
    You just posted what I was going to post, ha!

But yeah to repeat Alysmera's sentiment, I'm really happy that the community is engaged and eager to help out and I'm looking forward to all the discussion we can get out of the next expansion.

Deleted
    Congrats guys, enjoy the unpaid part time job! (heh but seriously n1 stepping up thanks)

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Congrats guys, enjoy the unpaid part time job! (heh but seriously n1 stepping up thanks)
    Yeah I remember when I was 12 how cool I thought it would be to be a moderator. No idea why people do it as grown men.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Yeah I remember when I was 12 how cool I thought it would be to be a moderator. No idea why people do it as grown men.
    Or women, in the case here.

I'm already on the forum a couple times a day. Ensuring that conversation stays on topic and drama free doesn't add a whole lot to what I did before becoming a mod. This is pretty much the only place for people to come for monk discussion, and I just want to make sure that it continues to be that way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    This is pretty much the only place for people to come for monk discussion, and I just want to make sure that it continues to be that way.
    Well there goes Chi Burst's support.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no Mistweaver moderators, I guess?

Either way, thanks, guys, and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Well there goes Chi Burst's support.
    That website still exists?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I basically echo what Jocias said, I'm on here most of the time anyway, no reason not to try and help improve or streamline. It doesn't come with much more power, just good to have a person or two who are a little more out in the open since Alys has been handling so much behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but no Mistweaver moderators, I guess?
    I will, in some likelihood, be moving to MW as my OS for progression as we have another monk who can tank when needed just fine. Its not quite a mainspec MW, but maybe it will become that if my guild needs. Just waiting for closer to launch before making the switch.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    That website still exists?
    Yes - http://chiburst.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    @TT sort of.

@lack if MW mods - none applied. I think we took a bit longer because I expressed favortism toward a MW mod. But, can't force people to apply for modship. Its a volunteer job, not.. Well, we won't go there ;-) should be fine with the set we have now.

Who are the new ones? Babs and Jocias?

15+ Year Old Account
    Huh, okay congrats guys. Did not even know you were loking for mods(not that I would be interested in monk modding though, stopped playing).
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose