What's happening to my Fire Elemental on H Garrosh?

I'm using unglyphed FE with the PE talent. After I cast it for a second time, my fire elemental disappears after one second. This is on heroic Garrosh, but it also happens on Flex.

(Well, it looks like I can't post links until I've posted more. The log ID on warcraftlogs is bJdYT68cABHgrpxq if you want to look at it.)

This happens to me very frequently. Looking at the events log, it looks like I'm casting Fire Elemental right after the 40 second cooldown that you incur after casting Earth Elemental because they are both fading at the same time. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Or maybe it has to do with me casting it right after being broken out of MC?

Regardless, I'm pretty sure that the fire totem icon stays up for the whole 60 seconds (the one underneath your mana bar).

Does anyone have a fix? Thanks!
    Last edited by triplebeam; 2014-08-15 at 02:38 PM.

When you say "after I cast it for a second time," what do you mean, exactly? Are you saying that you had your fire ele roughly 3 and a half minutes ago, and it's just come off of CD, and now you pop your ele, and it disappears after 1 second?

Also, when you say "disappears," (and looking at the log), it looks like you're having a graphical glitch, where the ele is still summoned, and active, yet you just can't see it. Yes/no?

Link reposted, for convenience:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...q#type=summary

Your casts are occurring at the following times:

Code:
    00:00.531:  Fire Elemental Totem
    02:41.063:  Earth Elemental Totem (160.532s after previous Elemental)
    03:40.500:  Fire Elemental Totem (59.437s after previous Elemental)
    07:07.478:  Fire Elemental Totem (206.978s after previous Elemental)
    10:26.779:  Fire Elemental Totem (199.301s after previous Elemental)
    11:29.127:  Earth Elemental Totem (62.348s after previous Elemental)

Your second Fire Elemental, cast at 3:40.500, is overlapping by a half-second with your Earth Elemental. In the event of a pet totem collision, the game despawns both pets. Despite the shared lockout between Earth Elemental Totem and Fire Elemental Totem, there are certain circumstances where you can pop a new pet totem while there is still a pet up.

You can change your Fire Elemental Totem button to a macro:

Code:
    /cast [nopet] Fire Elemental Totem
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Use this one too while you are at it.
    Saved my ass a few times when I got "twitchy"

Code:
    /cast [nopet] Searing Totem

That was the problem. Thanks to everyone!

Totems sometimes lag to despawn, I have put up a TellMeWhen for each of the four elements that track what totem is active in each element, I just cast an elemental when the others icon disappear, after I started doing this I never had the problem of the elementals conflicting.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    Totems sometimes lag to despawn, I have put up a TellMeWhen for each of the four elements that track what totem is active in each element, I just cast an elemental when the others icon disappear, after I started doing this I never had the problem of the elementals conflicting.
    Pretty much this. Totems are really quite broken in regards to lag. Apparently this has been fixed in Warlords though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    ...I have put up a TellMeWhen for each of the four elements that track what totem is active in each element, I just cast an elemental when the others icon disappear, after I started doing this I never had the problem of the elementals conflicting.
    I've come to love that addon. I have one for letting me know that Searing has run out, as well as the other two elementals. And, if fire ele is down, the searing notification goes away.

If your casting it as soon as YOU are broken out of MC but someone else in the raid is still MCed they could be killing the totem it's leashed to.