Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If been there and somehow still am. Like u said ur always the person people can relay on and the more responsible one. I always think things through before i do them, which really is just ruining all the fun, my Head is working all day long and there are just a few moments where i just be myself and have fun without thinking.
    I dont drink but come to thinking, maybe this will help to let myself be more outgoing, but then i dont want to start something i keept my hand off for so long and im scared that i might like the drunk me more...
    Guess all thats keeping u from being happy is ur Head. I havent figured out how to let myself go again, tho im looking for a psychiatrist at the moment
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    yes, Life has been, and continues to be a big ball of shit for me for many personnel reasons and situations that happened in my past , Both in my control and out of my control (none of which I will go into here). Try not to let it get to me though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Here are some things to try:

Study a martial art. Look at what's available in your area. Read up and watch videos before you pick a couple to try. Go to a couple of different places and see how you feel about the way they do things.

Learn to cook. Make yourself try dishes from different regions of the world. Try new ingredients and new flavors.

If you have access to medical care, get a check up and make sure there aren't contributing physical problems. If you are on any form of medication, double check their side effects.
    i havent been to a doctor in 5 years.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    There are times to be serious and responsible but most of the time you just need to relax and follow the flow. Stop worrying about other peoples problems and opinions, let them deal with them so you can start dealing with you. If you feel that you need professional counseling then you go ahead and do that. Or If you need to spend your savings on a trip to Thailand to get drunk and bang a few bar ladies then so be it. If you only step out of the door and act a bit recklessly fun has a tendency to find you. No adventure in life started by somebody acting like an adult. I really hate this saying...here goes; YOLO!

@Claymore

Others have already said it, but just want to emphasize two major things :

1. Seek help from a professional - could be a psychologist or maybe a coach. You are not a freak just because you need help... it's like going to the doctor if you have a broken arm.

2. Work out. Could be anything, just as long as it's some form of physical exercise - IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER... I can not stress this enough.

These are the two major things to do!

About meeting new people: You don't have to meet people in a club... you can start a hobby... whatever you can think of, it doesn't matter what it is really... could be evening classes in cooking, dance, roleplay, music, bookclub, language, painting, joga etc. etc. There you can meet new people.
    Last edited by mbrmbr; 2014-08-15 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i havent been to a doctor in 5 years.
    Explains the pirate complex.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Yes my life is a loss. The only thing I have in it is work, most of the time I just work because it keeps the misery away.
    Never really going to have anything decent so there is no use in trying. Don't care to go the drug route like others I have known because that is worse than where I am not and even worse than death. No options for relationships or anything like that, a woman will never have anything to do with me unless I am paying her for services.

Why do I get up and keep going, mostly because despite the risks I take and poor care I take of myself nothing ever seems to happen.

I'm amazing.
    I'm a living, self-aware, self-replicating mechanism, composed of particles of compressed pure energy, forged into the core of exploding, million Earth sized nuclear reactors, under tens of millions of degrees and immense pressure, conditions capable of defeating one of the fundamental interactions in nature, so I can be here today.
    I can't imagine anyone ever thinking that they are a "waste of breath".
    Last edited by haxartus; 2014-08-15 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Literally everyday. Thank god for games and anime.
    This guy got good taste and knows how to live, OP follow by example!

It really sounds like you are full of regret when you don't need to be.

Many of us aren't wired to be the reckless teens, sleeping around, having "fun", not caring about anything other than getting laid. However, you just have to come to terms with your own self. You can always seek to improve, but just acknowledging and loving your inner being is very important. I know that sounds like typical mumbo jumbo, but I say this as a guy who is on a similar wavelength. I spent most of my teen years alone, but grew to realize that when the opportunity to 'party' or have 'carefree fun' arrised, I was too serious or reflective to enjoy them, leading me to feel like a freak.

What you must do is look within. Introverts are often extremely caring, deep thinking, emotionally mature. It sounds like you have these qualities. Embrace them and don't tell yourself you missed out. You missed out on something that was never right for you as an individual, no matter how much you think you should have done it it was not for you and you need to accept that. Think about what defined you, the caring go - to guy, the dependable one. That role takes a lot of strength so you should know that you are a strong person for having such qualities. Give yourself some credit once in a while, it is only doom and gloom if you let it be so.

Being lonely is a terrible fate, but it comes a lot from your own nature and true personality. Be okay with being alone, embrace the deep thoughts, be creative, love yourself and know that there are many isolated people around you that manage to get by through realizing they have gifts nobody can see and nobody will ever see. Your life is no more worthless than any supposedly happy person you see on the street that has the same fears and times of loneliness when they rest their heads at night.
    Last edited by L3fty; 2014-08-15 at 10:36 AM.

The experiences you think you missed out on are not all that great. People are shit, "friends" are overrated and being irresponsible at a young age is bad. Having a job, going to school and keeping yourself healthy is what you should find happiness in. Hoping to find someone or something else to make you happy is a disaster waiting to happen.

The things that you missed out on, I did not. I have learned that it is not a bad thing to be alone but it was not an easy road. When you find that special thing(friends, lover, job, hobby) that makes it all worth it, you can appreciate it like so many others fail to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    The experiences you think you missed out on are not all that great. People are shit, "friends" are overrated and being irresponsible at a young age is bad. Having a job, going to school and keeping yourself healthy is what you should find happiness in. Hoping to find someone or something else to make you happy is a disaster waiting to happen.

The things that you missed out on, I did not. I have learned that it is not a bad thing to be alone but it was not an easy road. When you find that special thing(friends, lover, job, hobby) that makes it all worth it, you can appreciate it like so many others fail to do.
    That's why you appreciate stuff so much more. OP can't borrow your experience and make it his own. He need to get out there and have his heart broken, spend his last dimes on something stupid and generally be a fucktard. How else will he know what things in life is precious?

Everything has meaning, so no.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

You are blaming other people for your problems. As long as you do this nothing is going to change short of you winning a lottery of something.

The moment you realize that EVERYTHING is your fault you can start to work on it and.... things get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyo View Post
    That's why you appreciate stuff so much more. OP can't borrow your experience and make it his own. He need to get out there and have his heart broken, spend his last dimes on something stupid and generally be a fucktard. How else will he know what things in life is precious?
    That is what children do.

If you can learn from others then you might not need to go those things yourself to know how important it is to not take it for granted.

I am assuming he is not the usual 20 something dumbass since he comprehends responsibility so I think he can handle it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    That is what children do.

If you can learn from others then you might not need to go those things yourself to know how important it is to not take it for granted.

I am assuming he is not the usual 20 something dumbass since he comprehends responsibility so I think he can handle it.
    Why learn it from someone else when you can experience it firsthand? All bad things aren't inherently bad experiences. If you shelter yourself from every bad thing then you won't experience many of the good things either. That is in my opinion a truly wasted life.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I think you need to understand we all can make a difference in a positive way sometimes with out knowing it. Like the time you chose to stay sober and watch over your drunk friends. Maybe you saved one from getting killed or seriously injured. Many of us may never know what little things we do which can have a big impact on others. Positive or negative. No one's life is a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never once OP, never once.

Always something new to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Maybe get off internet forums, stop playing games and go socialize? Most of your issues you just described are easily fixable by YOU and no one else.
    To say you don't think you are capable of just changing things in your own life means you have given up without trying.
    Stop being a Debbie-downer and look for the positive things you COULD have in life, constantly just sitting around going "OH WOE IS ME" will not change things.

When you don't know anyone that's not as easy as you make it sound. How ? Go somewhere on your own and hope your magnetism attracts people to invite the weird loner to join them ? Ye that will work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the beginning of a nice manifesto.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.