Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Examiner in Trayvon Martin case claims he was told to stay silent.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...ied-geo/nZsH3/

VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. —
    Dr. Shiping Bao's testimony raised eyebrows during the George Zimmerman trial.

"I believe it is my opinion that Trayvon Martin was in a lot of pain, and that he was suffering," Bao said July 5 during testimony in the George Zimmerman trial.

On the stand, Dr. Bao changed his testimony about key statements he'd made and said he'd changed his mind about Martin only being alive for as many as three minutes after the shooting.

"I believe he was alive one to 10 minutes after he was shot. His heart was beating until there was no blood left," Bao said.

Dr. Bao is dropping another bombshell -- his attorney is preparing a $100 million lawsuit.

Through his high-profile attorney, he claims the medical examiner, state attorney's office, and Sanford Police Department were all biased against Martin.

"He says their general attitude was that he got what he deserved," Attorney Willie Gary told Channel 9.

Gary said Dr. Bao was made to be a scapegoat and was wrongfully fired from the medical examiner's office. He said his client was prepared to offer proof that Martin was not the aggressor.

"He was in essence told to zip his lips. 'Shut up. Don't say those things,'" Gary said.

Gary said prosecutors never asked Dr. Bao a question crucial to their case.

"He wanted a question that would have allowed him to explain to the jury with scientific evidence how there was no way Trayvon Martin could have been on top of George Zimmerman," Gary said.
    TL;DR: The guy who worked on Martin's corpse said that the officials involved thought Martin "deserved it" and told him to stay quiet when he came up with evidence proving Zimmerman's story was false.

It's incredibly easy to believe that these are just sour grapes over being fired for something else entirely and he's masking his own greed by using this as an excuse. But even still, if this turns out to have some truth to it this case may start all over again.

If true, this will make an interesting case :S

Good luck America
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

If he stands to make that kind of profit from coming out with a story like this...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    amazing how he waited till now to speak the truth, months after the trial ended.

i don't believe a word of it. judging by the way things are going right now, this is probably just an attempt at getting money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    amazing how he waited till now to speak the truth, months after the trial ended.
    That's why I'm taking this one with a grain of salt until solid proof is presented, it's way too easy to believe he's doing this just to use the case to get what basically amounts to a larger severance pay.

That said, I was unhappy with the way the murder case proper went (even though I didn't care about the verdict itself), if this leads to Zimmerman being retried, maybe we could finally get undeniable proof of guilt or innocence.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2014-08-15 at 06:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now Playing in America: Michael Brown's Revolt.

Coming Soon: Trayvon Martin 2: Secrets to the Grave. Starring FDLE's Medical Examiners Commission

--- Special Guest - George Zimmerman as Himself

Lets be honest, our justice system is pretty fair, but when we fuck up we fuck up hard. Going off past high profile case scandals, the examiner probably isn't lying.

Deleted
    Considering that the US Government had innocent men executed to protect a FBI Informant. I have no doubt that the US Government has no problem making sure a Medical Examiner, says what they want.

And the plot thickens.

Anyways, it shouldn't be a surprise - especially the fact that its Florida.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Reaaally convenient timing.
    Yeah, it does not seem like he is trying to exploit another unarmed young black man's death for profit or anything.
    You're a towel.

What I want to know is why a picture of the guy was used to show him as looking very young and innocent looking when the reality of the situation was that he looked like a very well-built and intimidating young man? I can't help but feel that in cases such as this there's a not so subtle agenda at work.

"he claims the medical examiner, state attorney's office, and Sanford Police Department were all biased against Martin."

Ya, Totally believable.

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    And the plot thickens.

Anyways, it shouldn't be a surprise - especially the fact that its Florida.
    I'd hardly call it a plot. It's one guys word against a whole shit tin of other people's word. Of course, that's enough for most people who just want to blame the white man and pretend that this was some totally unjust conspiracy murder or something.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Of course, that's enough for most people who just want to blame the white man and pretend that this was some totally unjust conspiracy murder or something.
    Lol, white man. The guy is a latino half-jew, but it was uber amusing to see how media tried to portray this case as "white" on black racism.

I'm not $aying that money i$ a driving factor in thi$ law $uit. But it'$ highly $u$piciou$.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it is more like this.

"Oh I can make millions of dollars? sure I'll completely change my story and make shit up to do that, since when I wasn't making money from it, it wouldn't be worth my time".

Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post
    Lol, white man. The guy is a latino half-jew, but it was uber amusing to see how media tried to portray this case as "white" on black racism.
    Stop it with you and your pesky facts. Didn't you know? If you aren't black, then you're white.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Soooo....

Bao is claiming that every official that was involved in the investigation, from the local level all the way up to the state, had it out for Martin?

And he want's us to believe him now...by telling us that he lied on the stand before?

Forgive me for not taking him at his word.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    What I want to know is why a picture of the guy was used to show him as looking very young and innocent looking when the reality of the situation was that he looked like a very well-built and intimidating young man? I can't help but feel that in cases such as this there's a not so subtle agenda at work.
    Keep perpetuating racism. You mean this? http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/martin.asp
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

So he lied under oath, changed his story multiple times, and is now seeking a pay day? Nope, doesn't seem fishy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!