Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    One of the places a Brit least wants to go.
    You guys are missing out on Chimichurri Sauce and (awesome)beef. ;P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Let her prove it first! No matter how implausible and ridiculous her claim, I think she should at least get to prove it before you shun her. I mean, what if it turns out it actually is one giant conspiracy and the zionists are now allied with the Illuminati and the aliens while pulling the strings! You never know.
    Oi don't forget the Old Ones or the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Let her prove it first! No matter how implausible and ridiculous her claim, I think she should at least get to prove it before you shun her. I mean, what if it turns out it actually is one giant conspiracy and the zionists are now allied with the Illuminati and the aliens while pulling the strings! You never know.
    Thing is, if you make a claim like this you present your evidence immediately if you have it. You don't just hop on Twitter and make a vague and baseless claim.

However, what gets me is why they feel they need to make this stuff up. Isreal has done plenty wrong, people don't need to make up anti-Semitic bullshit when there are plenty of real and legitimate criticism that can be leveled against the state of Israel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    That's the problem with atheists. There's not that many of them, but a large portion of them is incredibly loud and obnoxious.
    And the reason they are loud and obnoxious is because that's the response they get from the god squad. Say you're an atheist and all hell breaks loose, say you don't believe in God and it's "oh ok". Through personal experience I can say that religious people fine, but some when they hear the word "atheist" look at you like you just shot their dog in the face.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    We can import foodstuffs from Argentina, and in fact do.

10+ Year Old Account
    During the world cup I could get Chimichurri sauce on a Dominos pizza. Was actually quite nice, shame about the pizza. Not sure it warrants a flight to Argentina though. If I go there I'll just remind everyone about how badly they lost la guerra de las Malvinas and I think I'd be murdered before sunrise. Probably not worth it.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    The thing about Mainstream media is that it is very one sided
    The thing about Mainstream internet is that it doesnt exist. Any topic you hear on the internet has conflicting opinions and facts presented.

This proves that internet has more truth than any other media because truth is never on one side entirely. Especially in such a long lasting conflict which requires retrospective to fully understand.

Think I'm speaking madness? When was the last time any major TV station or press openly critiqued or made critical analysis of their respective government?

Yeah... I thought so.
    The Internet is not Media..... You're confusing terms here.....
    The Internet consists of billions of sources, that are all independent from one another. The only reason how you or me, or anyone else can find something there are Search Engines.
    These engines picking everything up, that has the proper scripting and the doors open to authorize search inclusion. It is actually possible to tell the search engines to go away and leave you the fuck alone. It is also possible, and factually common practice, for websites to be dropped from Search engines. Which means, censorship.... Yes, that's right.... The Search engines themselves executing censorship. They include or drop sites as they themselves please and seem fit.

And as Xarkan pointed out... There's a whole lotta bullshit out there, amongst the search results.
    Mainstream media... Let's narrow that down to News media now... Mainstream news media itself is everything but bad.
    One has to suffer from paranoia or something, if they'd discard every mainstream news media there is.
    There are highly credible sources that are considered mainstream sources. Good journalism requires intelligent capable journalists. That's a reputable job, and that requires decent salaries. A bedroom blogger somewhere in some random place is not a credible journalist. If you want good news, you've got to start with paying attention to who wrote something. What's that persons credibility...
    Yes, there's a lot of bullshit to be found. That's not denied. But for the most part, the news landscape is still very good.
    The search engines can be of help by giving you easy access to cross referencing. You can do at home from your desk, what generations had to do by leaving their homes and go to a news stand, reading through the various newspapers from around the country and the world.

Criticism of the Government happens all the time on TV..
    I dunno where you are. But I see it here in the US.. And I am used to it from Germany even more so.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2014-08-16 at 12:28 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    The thing with the internet having the truth is that due to the magnitude of bs that is also there finding the truth is something of a challenge...
    That may be... but adleast you have the option. You dont have that option on typical TV news/newspaper or radio.

Also the national Danish television usually mostly throws dirt at whatever government is in charge.
    That means there is either:
    Something wrong with the Danish television
    OR
    Something wrong with the Danish government

Clearly one side has something to anwser to. Both need to be taken into critical retrospective to the very source of when it all started. We find out who drew the first blood, why and why it keeps doing it. After than... fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I doubt the Argies would want them, they're still smarting over the Falklands.
    But you dug the reference hehe.

We can import foodstuffs from Argentina, and in fact do.
    Not once they go batshit crazy and attack the falklands Kalis, they will implement trade boycots! ;P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

It is impossible to be a serious or self-respecting human being and give even a moment's credence to the idea that the Jews are really behind ISIS and their butchery -- which, while expansive, is nothing we haven't seen other militant fundamentalist muslim groups do the world over for decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    But you dug the reference hehe.
    Not sure I got it.

I know that a lot of German fascists went to Argentina and Brazil after WW2, as they made films about them, so I presumed you were referencing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Not once they go batshit crazy and attack the falklands Kalis, they will implement trade boycots! ;P
    Then we'll get our beef from elsewhere and make do without a condiment that I've never heard of. Hey ho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    That means there is either:
    Something wrong with the Danish television
    OR
    Something wrong with the Danish government

Clearly one side has something to anwser to. Both need to be taken into critical retrospective to the very source of when it all started. We find out who drew the first blood, why and why it keeps doing it. After than... fix it.
    You don't get to say that we can't trust the media because it doesn't report on government issues and then when we show that's completely false, come up with some story about how it doesn't count. The BBC criticizes the UK government all the time, does that make them incompetent? Maybe, but that's a different matter. You're saying that the media criticizing is indicative of a problem but when the internet does then it's different? I think? That doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure I got it.

I know that a lot of German fascists went to Argentina and Brazil after WW2, as they made films about them, so I presumed you were referencing that.
    This too yeah.....
    Falkland..... Argentina/UK....
    Deporting these people there..
    Kinda "take that Argentina".

I've never understood how one could go into such conflict over such small piece of a rock surrounded by salt water..
    I still think you both are crazy.. Argentina and the UK, for fighting over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    as if the world much less the US needs to show "how bad Islam is" ever since 9/11 it's been drilled into our heads how awful muslims are. FFS muslims and atheists are the two most despised religious groups in the country. if they were using ISIS to destabilize the region and make us invade Iraq again would make more sense.
    By definition atheism can't be a religious group. Us atheists are non-religious and being an atheist, I don't view other atheists as brothers under the same flag just by virtue of being an atheist.

And the reason they are loud and obnoxious is because that's the response they get from the god squad. Say you're an atheist and all hell breaks loose, say you don't believe in God and it's "oh ok". Through personal experience I can say that religious people fine, but some when they hear the word "atheist" look at you like you just shot their dog in the face.
    It's called cause and effect. Do you think atheïst has a bad connotation compared to 'I don't believe in God' just out of nowhere? Religious people didn't have a meeting somewhere to decide "We're gonna be ok with people not believing in God, but when they call themselves atheïst we're gonna be mad for no reason."

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never understood how one could go into such conflict over such small piece of a rock surrounded by salt water..
    I still think you both are crazy.. Argentina and the UK, for fighting over it.
    Well, it's our rock, we had it before Argentina even existed and we don't like people claiming our stuff.

And penguins, we had to protect them from Johnny Foreigners who'd probably eat them.

Deleted
    The Internet is not Media..... You're confusing terms here.....
    Media is means of communication. Internet is used as a means of communication. Internet is Media.

The Internet consists of billions of sources, that are all independent from one another. The only reason how you or me, or anyone else can find something there are Search Engines.
    Perfect, non-regulated, non-censored, non-adulturated media.

These engines picking everything up, that has the proper scripting and the doors open to authorize search inclusion. It is actually possible to tell the search engines to go away and leave you the fuck alone. It is also possible, and factually common practice, for websites to be dropped from Search engines. Which means, censorship.... Yes, that's right.... The Search engines themselves executing censorship. They include or drop sites as they themselves please and seem fit.
    One site dropped from search engine? Put the content on another site. "Spread the word" was not invented just for lulz.

And as Xarkan pointed out... There's a whole lotta bullshit out there, amongst the search results.
    That is why you do proper research.

Mainstream media... Let's narrow that down to News media now... Mainstream news media itself is everything but bad.
    Agree

One has to suffer from paranoia or something, if they'd discard every mainstream news media there is.
    Either Paranoia or trust eh? Nothing in between right? Also Let me clear something. I trust media on issues that are non-serious in nature because they have no consequence of telling the truth. However issues that describe internation conflicts would be best described with their respective country interest if those that work in it want to keep their job. Internet does not apply to this... for the most part.

There are highly credible sources that are considered mainstream sources. Good journalism requires intelligent capable journalists. That's a reputable job, and that requires decent salaries. A bedroom blogger somewhere in some random place is not a credible journalist. If you want good news, you've got to start with paying attention to who wrote something. What's that persons credibility...
    You think internet is filled with bedroom bloggers only?
    Also you miss the point. Do you need to be a certified mathematician to state that 2 + 2 = 4?

I thought the zionist faked the moonlanding?

Deleted
    You don't get to say that we can't trust the media because it doesn't report on government issues and then when we show that's completely false, come up with some story about how it doesn't count. The BBC criticizes the UK government all the time, does that make them incompetent? Maybe, but that's a different matter. You're saying that the media criticizing is indicative of a problem but when the internet does then it's different? I think? That doesn't make sense.
    You are focusing on the wrong thing. My issue is what is the source of the confict. Not the confict itself.
    Please focus on what is the origin of the issue and fix it. Please stop discussing the issue.
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2014-08-16 at 12:52 PM.