Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    main is main because it is the one you identify with hte most and the one your guildies rely on for you to be exceptional at.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, just stuck to my main since wotlk and that's it. Don't see the point of "re-rolling"

I feel your pain, OP. I've switched many times. At this point, I'd say Druid and Priest are the "mains" but neither one of them (until last night) had an ilevel over 500 in this expansion. Druid is the PVPer, former raider, the noble one. The shadow priest was my first max level (twice, was alliance, got hacked, she felt dirty so I went horde... one of the top 5 decisions of my life, fuck the Alliance), so she has this special place in my heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I'm a role-player, so I role-play. That's a pretty solid way to ensure and encourage investment in a character. I'm also very fond of blood elf lore, architecture and their aesthetics. So there's that to consider as well. As for my class? I've always been a big fan of the warrior archetype. If I can kit my character out in bulky armour and have them swing a big sword around I'm generally happy.

Deleted
    The extensive knowledge of my class, my accomplishments and the journey to where I am now keeps me on my hunter.

Time invested mainly. No way am I ever gonna max 70 reps on an alt. Also memories associated with my main I guess.

fear is exactly what that was,,,, i got a shiver when you typed it.......... coolness for me .... DK---cool character idea ... thats what scares me about blizz, i want to see evidence of creativity and imagination, we think of ideas here in the forums but they are the ones who are supposed to wow us with the ideas that their employees are being paid to think off .....

Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    It used to be manaburn.

Now it's just the memory of the fear I used to instill in my enemies.

Deleted
    I have all the classes at level 90 due to the amount of time the expansions been out and having nothing else to do for periods of time.

Yet, i recognise my main as being the most accomplished, and the character that's prepared to accomplish more. As in, has the gear and tools to complete tasks. I'm not going to favour my ilvl 496 Death Knight over my 580 Rogue when it comes to overcoming a challenge.

Deleted
    Nothing. My main is really my hunter but it's my DK who raids - not enough experiences and geared tanks in the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my monk has been my main for nearly two years (and looks to be going into WoD). Reasons (the reasons that we're here!):

+ Most complex/fun/dynamic healer in the game
    + Favorite melee spec (though Hunters are my favorite dps class)
    + Love the zen vibe/lore
    + RP/I can picture myself as this class (vs say a Death Knight or Warlock which I wouldn't want to be)

Only negative is that it doesn't have a ranged dps spec which is why I have a Hunter alt

Druid, got all the specs and roles I could possibly need, that's all there is to it really.

I have three mains. This is why I play them.

Death knight: Dark magic.
    Warlock: Dark magic.
    Rogue: The playstyle is most up my alley.

If I put lore and irrelevant concepts aside, rogue would be my real main because I like being sneaky, controlling and hard to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's hard for me to stick to a main indefinitely.
    My first character on my own account at the start of TBC was a warlock. I switched to rogue a few weeks in then druid a month later then hunter like 5 months after that. I continued with hunter until just before Ulduar when I got a DK, Pally, and Lock to max level and ended up maining Pally for a while. Then Shortly after ToC I got my mage to 80 and mained it until patch 5.2. After that I started playing a slew of characters: Hunter, Spriest, lock, and rogue while leaning on Hunter. At the start of this year I thought I would be entering WoD with my hunter, but right now I'm thinking Lock. Who knows. I definitely have the most /played and accomplishments on my Mage though.

I've played my main for 8+ years now (holy crap). The reason I stick with him is that it's what I'm best at (resto shaman), and I feel like I have the most invested in him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Emotional connection and /played.
    dito. My signature tells the tale
    Druid since Feb. 06

10+ Year Old Account
    Habit and attachment I suppose, with a helping of preference (I'd mained a ranger in GW1 and wanted to try a melee). Zael was the first character I took seriously and played religiously in spite of the other alts I was toying with. My little paladin just kind of stuck with me and eclipsed everything else. Standard maining process, no?

Deleted
    My druid was the first char I created back in vanilla, played a mage thorugh most of TBC though but then came back on the druid. Now it just seems so odd to play another as main with all the nostalgia and nearly all reps maxed out on druid as well. It kinda seem complete as an important druid within the NE race (even though I don't roleplay)

I play Warrior because it's the class I enjoy playing the most. I have alts but I don't have as much fun with them, my Warrior main is like a reflection of me and my true passion, other things are just entertainment distractions. In the real world I'm a musician, an accomplished musician and I've been playing for 13 years... It is part of who I am.

Other things I do are just hobbies.. Gaming, mountain biking, watching movies, making youtube content for my sim racing channel.. It is all hobbies, I enjoy them all but I put in less time and less effort with them, I take them less seriously though I enjoy them. Music though is like part of me and it is what I do, I put in everything with it and I enjoy it immensly.

In a sense playing my Warrior in WoW is my gaming reflection of music.. It's very easy for me to stick to it and it's something I actively enjoy more than anything else, it isn't an effort or something I have to discipline myself to do. When I play WoW I already know what class I'm going to be playing now and in the future.. I'm not one of those guys who waits for the talents to come out for an expansion to decide which class to reroll.

I stick to my main because I genuinely enjoy it more than others. I'm also a very loyal person and I do have an attachment to it so that obviously plays a part, but I'd more likely stop playing WoW altogether than to switch mains, and I have stopped for 6 month periods of time here and there during MOP and Cata.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-08-18 at 02:33 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Good question. Is it the highest ilvl? Then it's my dwarf warlock who has hardly been logged in since December of last year. Is it the one I raid most on in the past six months? Then it's a tie between my blood elf warlock and my blood elf prot warrior (both are inching towards the highest ilvl too.) Is it the one with the most /played? Then it's my night elf hunter that I used to heroic raid on until I started roleplaying. Or is it the one I write the most stories for, based on roleplay? Then it's my blood elf mage.

Indeed, what makes a main a main?