Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Smile DIE! Unborn Val'kir

Hi,

I think I have come to the conclusion that chasing the Unborn Val'kir is a dead end ... the chances that it will pop just when I'm passing through is about as good as us finding another galaxy and world just like ours.

I first had the taste of "camp'ing" a drop, in Everquest, when at least two classes had to depend on a drop from one of the sisters in one zone, and after 4 months, my Bard still did not have the piece required ... for high level gear.

It was disappointing, frustrating, and a waste of time. AND, it led to my quitting the game, after having been there from the start, and the folks at Sony not caring or giving a damn about the players, mostly because a couple of guys thought that one piece too many would take away the leverage and balance in the game. Such crass thoughts, eventually killed that game, and brought another version that was ruled by the spreadsheet and database, and it lost the value and freedom that it had before ... and many of those folks, and programmers, left for Blizzard.

Today, after what is it, 10 or 12 years, and a veteran of 16 hour raids to Molten Core (8 on Saturday and the other 8 on Sunday), I decided that this game is losing it, and it's getting to the point where it just isn't any fun anymore.

With that thought in mind, I will likely pull down both my accounts (10 characters at 100 - 6 Ally and 4 Horde on the same server) soon, and go find some other entertainment for my old age at 65.

This game, is simply not "fair" and many kids that are getting power leveled are getting the opportunity to get the best in the game, while those that have been through the hard times, and depressions ... continue to not have any luck.

For all of you, and your assistance and love for helping create these websites so we can play better, the best of luck, as I think this game is slowly burning itself out. All it will take is another expansion that does not sell as much and down the hill it will go.

Thanks for your time and effort ... it was appreciated, but spending time on nothing, is not something that you would not do to your own friends, family and children, and this game should not be any different.

Love you all and thank you very much, and Blizzard ... FU with a loud sign!

I'm sorry that you are experiencing frustration trying to find yourself an Unborn Valkyr.

While the CRZ of older zones has been an obnoxious slap in the face of anyone looking for a rare spawn in those areas, the lfg open garrisons provide a bit of a solution. I would recommend going to a spawn point for the Valkyr, check, join a group where someone is letting people into their garrison for a daily quest, DE, or what have you, check again. Work your way through the groups, if you can't find yourself a pet, then move to the next spawn point. Every CRZ realm group should have one spawn up at all times, and you can check many different clusters this way before you have to move.

If this the intended farming method? No, the stated CRZ intent was to keep things rare and to have world competition. Is this what everyone is going? Yes, absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I reading this correctly? Can't get a pet, so the game is too hard thus quitting?

Deleted
    Oh, well, this didn't end the way it started...

I thought (and forgive me if this is in fact wrong) that the pet you're searching for that it is basically always spawned somewhere, unless it has recently been fought and defeated, in which case the spawn time does reset then it ends up in a new location? Like that Crimsonwing Moth introduced in WoD? Sorry if that's not right, but in my case I followed all the info found on http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71163/unborn-valkyr#comments, and went to each spawn point, and just when I was giving up it was in the very last point in Crystalsong Forest. So it was just a matter of flying around until I found one, it was uncommon quality but I caught it anyway, but later upgraded it to rare using one of those stones.

I'm sorry if you've been mad at the game, but all the little rare things like this are for determined (and or lucky) collectors, and I personally have always enjoyed searching for little gems like that pet as well as many others and rare drop mounts in dungeons and raids.

I only hope that when I get to your age, that I will still be playing this game, or WOW2 as we may even have by then because I just love it =p sorry you've burned out, but it sounds like after playing about 10 years that that still counts as a pretty good damn time on a game. Goodluck and have fun with whatever you end up playing after WoW ^_^

Deleted
    I completely loathe camping and I really dislike it as a low-effort way by Blizzard to add stuff. Same thing with the Voidtalon, making an interesting quest or something exciting takes effort, let's just make it ultra rare so you have to camp a spot and abuse realm-hopping.

When I was hunting for the Valk, I refused to idle in one spot. Instead, I flew around the continent because it was less mind-numbing. While doing so, I listened to a podcast and some music. I was quite lucky with the Valk and got it after 4 hours of flying around Northrend (found one in the south of Howling Fjord). The Voidtalon portal is absurd RNG compared to that, though, so I just gave up on it.

Funny story about the Unborn Val'kyr.

The first time I found one it was in Howling Fjord, on a low-pop realm I'd jumped to. I hadn't done much research on the pets at all but I knew they were rare, so I started the battle - but I hadn't realised she dies and rezzes herself at the end, so when she died I ragequit the pet battle (then kicked myself when I looked it up). Then a few minutes later, a friend on another realm spotted one in Borean Tundra completely by chance. I flew over, terrified someone would beat me to it, but sure enough she was still there. Started the battle, only to DC halfway through. By the time I logged back in, no Unborn Val'kyr.

Pretty ticked off by this point, I quit the group on my friend's realm - only to find an Unborn Val'kyr completely untouched on my own realm, in the very same spot where I'd got DC'ed. So a happy ending after all that.

I guess my point is: sometimes even when you think you've blown all your luck and you'll never have another chance, the game can still surprise you. You're right that the odds of you just coming across a pet this rare are pretty low, but if you devote an hour or two to realm-hopping you'd stand a much better chance. Not sure if you're doing that already?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I was fortunate. Some nice human paladin found one and said so in the Zone Chat. After I said that I was looking for it, he held it in combat until I got there, then dropped combat so I could catch her. I offered him 20k for it, but he turned it down. So, I friended him and noted the occasion so that if he ever needs something, I could return the favor.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Maybe do something fun instead, whether that's in WoW, another game or IRL? These kind of grinds are like playing the lottery.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

It's just a pet, OP. Is it worth throwing so much time that you've invested down the drain because things aren't "fair" in your opinion?

I recommend picking 1 spawn spot, and realm-hopping like a jackrabbit for 30 minutes a day. Cycle through every sub-section of the group finder, and go to every realm you can.

Eventually, one of them will be sittin' there all pretty, waiting to be caught. I tend to find most of my pets/rare spawns on the Oceanic realms. Maybe you'll have similar luck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, some things simply require time, patience and effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Uduwudu View Post
    Hi,

I think I have come to the conclusion that chasing the Unborn Val'kir is a dead end ... the chances that it will pop just when I'm passing through is about as good as us finding another galaxy and world just like ours.

I first had the taste of "camp'ing" a drop, in Everquest, when at least two classes had to depend on a drop from one of the sisters in one zone, and after 4 months, my Bard still did not have the piece required ... for high level gear.

It was disappointing, frustrating, and a waste of time. AND, it led to my quitting the game, after having been there from the start, and the folks at Sony not caring or giving a damn about the players, mostly because a couple of guys thought that one piece too many would take away the leverage and balance in the game. Such crass thoughts, eventually killed that game, and brought another version that was ruled by the spreadsheet and database, and it lost the value and freedom that it had before ... and many of those folks, and programmers, left for Blizzard.

Today, after what is it, 10 or 12 years, and a veteran of 16 hour raids to Molten Core (8 on Saturday and the other 8 on Sunday), I decided that this game is losing it, and it's getting to the point where it just isn't any fun anymore.

With that thought in mind, I will likely pull down both my accounts (10 characters at 100 - 6 Ally and 4 Horde on the same server) soon, and go find some other entertainment for my old age at 65.

This game, is simply not "fair" and many kids that are getting power leveled are getting the opportunity to get the best in the game, while those that have been through the hard times, and depressions ... continue to not have any luck.

For all of you, and your assistance and love for helping create these websites so we can play better, the best of luck, as I think this game is slowly burning itself out. All it will take is another expansion that does not sell as much and down the hill it will go.

Thanks for your time and effort ... it was appreciated, but spending time on nothing, is not something that you would not do to your own friends, family and children, and this game should not be any different.

Love you all and thank you very much, and Blizzard ... FU with a loud sign!
    Really? I got mine within the hour. I was kinda disappointed tbh. Have you plotted the most efficient flying route? Have you gone to a low pop server?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I don't remember how I got mine a year or so ago, but I remember putting a lot of effort into it at the time. If I were you I'd park toons at the various spawn points and use one toon after another to going groups on different servers to phase over.

On a rather unrelated note I got a 6 month ban in December for botting toons to 100, and re-upped my alt account earlier this month to mess around while I wait for my ban to finish. My alt account's main happened upon minfernal and captured it, where my main account had been camping it forever. =) Such is life!

Deleted
    Well I found one flying from one spawn point to another late at night, and got it right away. One of my buddies also got one by repeating the process. I am glad that I did not need to camp. Funny thing, did not stumble across another Val'kyr since then. Guess, night time is helping by reducing the number of potential competitors.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got the Unborn Valk pretty easily.

The 1 pet I have left to get Zookeeper which has kept me from getting it for months now is the fucking Silithid hatchling since I never see Sandstorms.

I don't understand your grievance... Just earn the pet like the rest of us did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the Time-lost proto-drake, Phosphorescent stone drake, Poseidus, Alani, and every pre-DS dungeon/raid drop mount save for the old ZA warbear and Mimiron's head...

Farming is something you have to have a stomach for. Personally, I never put much stock into battle pets, so farming them never appealed to me. But if you don't like it, don't do it... battle pets certainly aren't required to progress in the game.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Well dang it! I was blissfully unaware this pet even existed, and here I've been enjoying my game not even realizing how deprived I was!

- - - Updated - - -

But hey - I fully support you and anyone else who decides to take a break from WoW. It's a big wide world and there are lots of ways to have fun outside of Azeroth. Blizz will save your toons and you can always come back, even if it's years later like it was for me.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I just flew to the spawning zones, and then I hopped servers using the browsing tool to get invites to other servers. I got it on the second spawn place, did take less than 20 minutes.

I share your frustration, OP. I will note that these CRZs that others mention above are exactly the reason why you don't stand a big chance of getting your val'kyr (yet alone a val'kyr of the right breed) unless you are also using something that allows you to jump CRZs. They are viral that way, you can't ignore them, you are either buying into some stupid addon and getting to be part of the whirlwind nonsense with half of the gameplay being choosing the server to stand in, or you are losing big.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Am I reading this correctly? Can't get a pet, so the game is too hard thus quitting?
    You have no idea what "hard" is ... when you did not go through 2 day raids on Molten Core in the old days, with half on Saturday and half on Sunday ... including all the rapes and deaths and the like.

Or what it was like to camp a drop for 3 months, probably an average of 2 to 3 hours a day, and still not get anything, and the same mob/npc also dropped a warlock piece that also didn't drop!