Deleted

Change account details, (name) Help please!

So when i made the account back in 2008 i was 14 and used my mothers name on the account, now it has been around 1-2 years since i turned 18, Will i be able to call them about it and provide them with ID´s and stuff to change it so my Name is on the account, or will i get banned for not calling them as soon as i turned 18?, could really use information and help on what to do, Dont want to lose my account with all Feasts of strenghts, mounts and everything wich ive spent 5-6 years on.. im pretty nervous about this!

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not going to ban you for not calling them as soon as you turned 18. If your mother created an account for you to use you should be able to get your mother to change the details over to you pretty easily over the phone with Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They're not going to ban you for not calling them as soon as you turned 18. If your mother created an account for you to use you should be able to get your mother to change the details over to you pretty easily over the phone with Blizzard.
    She did not create the account, i made it but used her name on the account, does that change things, or should i simply say that she created it to make it more simple?
    Last edited by mmoc39f78ccd49; 2014-08-18 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    She did not create the account, i made it but used her name on the account, does that change things?
    Well there are two things you can do:
    - Keep it how it is. I pay for my father's account even with his name on it and have for years. There has never been an issue
    - Contact Blizzard with the proper identification and request to have the name changed. I don't know if that will work. Hopefully Araxom might sign on shortly and tell us...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well there are two things you can do:
    - Keep it how it is. I pay for my father's account even with his name on it and have for years. There has never been an issue
    - Contact Blizzard with the proper identification and request to have the name changed. I don't know if that will work. Hopefully Araxom might sign on shortly and tell us...
    Should i just have my mother call them and say she made the account for me ?, would that make things easier?, as both her hotmail and name is on it,

Deleted
    Transferring accounts between family members (child/parent) is fine.
    Contact Blizzard and they'll sort it out (or actually your mother should probably do that as it's "her" account and they want the account holder to identify themselves).
    Last edited by mmocdd602b3b80; 2014-08-18 at 03:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Transferring accounts between family members (child/parent) is fine.
    Contact Blizzard and they'll sort it out (or actually your mother should probably do that as it's "her" account and they want the account holder to identify themselves).
    alright, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same thing, started back in Vanilla when I was 11 years old. I recently changed (being 20 years old now) - It had been registrered in my mothers name, and they sorted it out perfectly. We didn't have any issues, it is fully my account now.
    I believe you can both call, or just write to them.