Poll: Which future expansion theme do you like best?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    I have literally been waiting since the start of Burning Crusade for a South Seas / Maelstrom / Azshara expansion. You cannot begin to fathom how disappointed I was when it turned out that The Dark Below was a hoax
    It's not a Hoax. It is the first expansion pack to Destiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ultimate Burning Legion/Argus expansion, but I have no idea how they'll do it justice and keep the franchise's overall plot going strong after dealing with it. They're kind of the ultimate bad guys, and Sarg is basically the Satan of Warcraft, so I doubt they'll rush into it without a solid game plan. I mean, everything we've overcome in WoW thus far has been eclipsed by the Legion and the threat they represent. That's not a sense a ominousness they're going to get rid of on a whim.

Azshara will be a much easier big bad to utilize. She's an interesting villain who has tons of potential.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-08-24 at 12:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The ultimate Burning Legion/Argus expansion, but I have no idea how they'll do it justice and keep the franchise's overall plot going strong after dealing with it. They're kind of the ultimate bad guys, and Sarg is basically the Satan of Warcraft, so I doubt they'll rush into it without a solid game plan. I mean, everything we've overcome in WoW thus far has been eclipsed by the Legion and the threat they represent. That's not sense a ominousness they're going to get rid of on a whim.

Azshara will be a much easier big bad to utilize. She's an interesting villain who has tons of potential.

I agree. I would think once we've defeated Sarge (if we ever do) that would've been a good time to start utilizing stuff like alternate universe/time travel, guess it wasn't in the cards.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I like the idea of a Burning Legion invasion of Azeroth that leads up to an attack against the Burning Legion. Like...the Horde and Alliance manage to temporarily throw aside their differences and fight off the Legion invasion, but then we realize that these invasions are never going to stop unless we find some way to attack the source.

Although I have to admit the whole "unexplored side of Azeroth" thing is somewhat relevant to my interests too.

Legion plain and simple. Argus/Other Planet or Azeroth Invasion, don't care.

I'm still waiting for The Dark Below.

Seriously though, it would obviously have a different name but I do love the concept of an underwater expansion with Azshara as the main villain. Some things I would like to see in this expansion:

- The continuation of the Neptulon-storyline. I don't buy that he simply "went back to the Abyssal Maw" after being taken by Ozumat. That's bullshit.
    - Diverse zones under water with the help of Eco Domes, much like the ones we see in Netherstorm. These would allow for completely different environments, although the lore reason for these would have to be worked out, I guess.
    - Ozumat as a raid boss. Not in a 5-man.
    - Islands. The expansion should not only be underwater.
    - Boats
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus or another part of outland could work too imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Argus or another part of outland could work too imo.
    Argus is not on Outland, Argus was the homeworld of the Draenei, which the Burning legion taked. Outland is just Draenor after Kadaghar destroyed the dark portal.

I would really loved to see them focusing on Argus, its far more realistic then alternate realities idea they had to show us Draenor... Even showing some outland unknown lands would be more realistic. I think that they could have a series of x-pac's focusing on Argus... Instead we are having, what seems to be, a series of x-pac's focusing on a alternate timeline .

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You know I look at that list and can't see anything that isn't either repetitive or just basically "here's some minor loose ends in the plot so how about we wrap them up and call it an expansion".

The only thing that would really advance the overall plot is some kind of Legion invasion or us invading a Legion world, and that's unlikely because what the hell would they do if we ever defeated the Legion?
    Blizzard would need to shift their storytelling a bit in order for this to work out well. The legion is spread across many worlds and we've recently broken open the multiple time lines problem essentially multiplying the legion threat. If Blizzard moved away from there big bad guy motivating most of the story each expansion and instead oriented the story more toward the impact of changes in the world and solving those new problems, the legion could be handled in several campaigns each distinctly different from the last.

If they keep to the 100% character driven stories they are going to have a hard time tackling the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Argus is not on Outland, Argus was the homeworld of the Draenei, which the Burning legion taked. Outland is just Draenor after Kadaghar destroyed the dark portal.

I would really loved to see them focusing on Argus, its far more realistic then alternate realities idea they had to show us Draenor... Even showing some outland unknown lands would be more realistic. I think that they could have a series of x-pac's focusing on Argus... Instead we are having, what seems to be, a series of x-pac's focusing on a alternate timeline .
    You missed the "Or". They said they want Argus, but they also want other pieces of Outland.
    Call me Cassandra

I'll throw my vote in with the Azshara crowd. Pirates! Argh! Maybe we can get our own ships.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they're just overglorified content patches (2 tiers) then no thanks on any of them.

If Blizz wisens up about why 2-year expansions are good, Azshara pls.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    That sounds horrible. I want to end up fighting Azshara in the Plane of Water, finish that arc up and save Neptulon, not have Azshara give up her primary advantage for some odd desire to create land.
    I liked Vashj'ir as much as anyone who liked Vashj'ir, but I don't know that I'd want to play an entire expansion of underwater zones, even if there's a few places with domes or caves that aren't flooded.

What would people prefer for an Azshara expansion?

All underwater zones like Vashj'ir?
    Mainly islands with a few underwater areas?
    Underwater but with surface movement mechanics though some kind of enchantment?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I liked Vashj'ir as much as anyone who liked Vashj'ir, but I don't know that I'd want to play an entire expansion of underwater zones, even if there's a few places with domes or caves that aren't flooded.

What would people prefer for an Azshara expansion?

All underwater zones like Vashj'ir?
    Mainly islands with a few underwater areas?
    Underwater but with surface movement mechanics though some kind of enchantment?
    I'd mix in some underwater cave systems
    a gateway to hell
    a bit more of the hollow planet stuff
    Some derelict oil rigs from WC2
    Some enchanted bubble cities

It would also be pretty fun to simply have a random element to the underwater maps. Give people a ship to sail around looking for a place to put down, then randomly generate the topology and run random encounter types there. Since there isn't much set geography in the deep ocean they could get away with this.

Deleted
    Azshara I guess. But not as the main villain. N'Zoth should be or at least some sort of aspect of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moon blade View Post
    anything but the boring legion.
    a-fucking-men.

I want The Dark Below!!!!
    No but seriously anything leading to Queen Azshara.. I want whatever expansion that is :P I love WoD! I really do! But I would be fine with rushing through it if it meant the Azshara expansion! I hope it's not a legion expansion.. Not yet..

10+ Year Old Account
    I figure a combined South-Seas/Azshara expansion. Alliance city is Kul Tiras, Horde is some Bilgewater city/settlement in Kezan. Less underwater Vasjir-style, more island hopping. Our own customisable ship for free-form travel between islands would be fantastic. Think of it as a sea-borne mobile garrison. Only cool.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    AGH, damnit! Picked Burning Legion invasion of Azeroth before realising there was an option for assaulting Argus. My bad. Though yes, I am most pumped about that scenario. I think it would be the most amazing, gruesome and generally largest scale war we've seen so far in the World of Warcraft. Being able to see Sargeras is a big plus, too; I just hope his death won't result to transformation into pixie dust, just as Deathwing had suffered from. That was vomit inducing.

I would like to see all of azeroth connected by seas and one loadscreen.
    Vast seas that take a long time to cross between, a TON of fatigue space ocean.
    And potentially even player boats and boat combat.