Poll: Would you like to see something like that?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFR in "Normal" mode

Hey everyone!

Have you guys thought about how it would be if we had LFR but in "normal" mode? I think it'd be a great thing actually. With ilvl requirements of course.
    Especially for people who don't have time at the evening(because they're working late, going out with friends, studying before exams etc.)
    We're already getting harder heroic dungeons(at least I heard so), so why not harder LFR?
    (I know that we're getting new "OpenRaid" tab in WoD and I'm glad, but this is something different)

I know that you guys are going to question some things so I'll try to answer them:

Q:You can get oQueue or something like this instead of LFR in Normal mode.
    A.I know but they're both different things, in LFR Normal mode you're getting random people, while in special addons people sometimes have too high expectations and there are some people who don't like to carry others.

Q:LFR is not raiding, lol.
    A.It's not thread to talk about if LFR is raiding.

Q:Why are you not going to manage your own group?
    A.Probably because LFR is multi-realm. If you're going to try and manage a group in your own realm at, let's say ~10:00, there wouldn't be enough people(at least on my realm), but I'm pretty sure there will be enough all across the realms.

Q:People will be leaving after wipes.
    A.I know, but if they're leaving after them, then it's their own fault, and they do not deserve gear(like everyone who's leaving after a wipe on a boss).

What do you guys think? It's just an idea, which I think could work.
    (please, do not make stupid assumptions about me, like haha, you just don't have guild, lol, l2p nub, because I'm raiding with my guild, but some players just don't have sometimes enough time at evenings)

Honestly, when LFR was announced in wrath I thought this is what it was going to be. I had NO idea that it was going to be its own raid mode eventually....

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Never going to work. People fucking around and AFKing combined with baddies, trolls and toxic behaviour would make it impossible.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Wouldn't a Flex LFR naturally be the next step?

But anyway, there are things in normal that absolutely require coordination and communication. There are also numerous insta kill mechanics that don't exist in LFR that would be the bane of most groups. The average pug has trouble clearing normals in 550-560 ilvl, and the ilvl requirement for a "LFR normal" would have to be something like 540-545.

That's the thing with dungeon/raid finder, you pretty much can't use it for anything that absolutely requires coordination. LFR and recent 5 mans are pretty much completely devoid of mechanics that require coordination.. except for maybe tank mechanics.

As for "I don't have time in the evenings" thing, try a high population server. They have pugs forming all hours of the day.
    Last edited by Notdev; 2014-09-06 at 03:59 PM.

No.
    Strictly no lol.

90% of people who que for LFR/RDF are all retards.
    "expertize dosunt give shaduw preests hit n00b!"
    "spirit is for healurz nut shamuns/hybrids"
    etc.
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

its called oq/future group finder coming in 6.0

thats lfr for normals/flex
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    You can't have that amount of raid-wiping mechanics in randomized groups. Won't happen.

Go test some of the LFR stuff on Beta before the nerfs and you will quickly see why this will not work.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri

Deleted
    That was my first though about LFR when they announced it. Not a standalone mode, but a feature to look for members on the same existing difficulity.

We should have easy, normal and heroic with the options to run it with guild, manual group finder or automatic group finder (current LFR).

15+ Year Old Account
    Good luck with that, id love to watch a group of LFR raiders do Garrosh on normal, ill get my popcorn
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by zolok2.0 View Post
    Honestly, when LFR was announced in wrath I thought this is what it was going to be. I had NO idea that it was going to be its own raid mode eventually....
    Glad I wasn't the only one.

I thought it was a great addition, a group finder that works xrealm so group forming would be less of an issue.
    But lo and behold, the worst thing to happen to raiding.

You keep mentioning this appealing to people who don't have enough time, but I really don't see how this would save any time at all. Waiting in queue, trying to coordinate everyone, waiting in queue some more after people inevitably leave after wiping, etc. At least with oQueue/OpenRaid you have control over who you invite, LFR-style in anything above LFR difficulty (and people can barely do that) would be a disaster and lead to nothing but frustration and failure.

Unnecessary seeing as we have enough difficulties as it is. You can do heroic progress and finish with months of farm time raiding one evening per week.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it did happen, I wouldn't care, because no one would be able to kill any bosses and I wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Dunno...there is normal mode and there is OQueue...you kinda have addressed the points and there is no reason to add this "LFR Normal" mode.
    "normal" LFR more is something different. Just LFR with normal(in the terms of difficulty) bosses. You're just clicking and waiting in queue, there's vote-kick group etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamestar View Post
    If it did happen, I wouldn't care, because no one would be able to kill any bosses and I wouldn't do it.
    Why should no one kill any boss if it's actually working in "pre-mades"? I see no reasons why group of people with fully upgraded LFR gear(ilvl requirements) should fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you not see all the nerfs lfr SoO got......even lfr is too tough for unorganized groups when they first come out.

Anything you can just queue up to without communication, letting the system put you in a group, attracts the absolute worst players in the game. So no, big no no.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's already a problem at the level that it is. I don't understand who the audience for it would be as it would likely be filled up with people who probably don't belong there.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    nah i dont think it'd be a good idea. current LFR is a huge mess, it wouldn't work for normal modes at all
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Random group finders just don't work with difficult content. The fact that Blizzard had to nerf LFR bosses that were already incredibly simple (Garalon, Lei Shen, Nazgrim) should tell you this. The normal modes of these bosses are leagues above their LFR counterparts, I just don't see how an average LFR group would defeat them.