The Witcher 2 - Combat System

Hi guys,

one year ago, i played The Witcher 2 and was kinda unsure about it. The setting and story were great, i loved it. But i couldn't stand the combat system at all as i found it to be absolutely dull and repetitive and that was the reason i stopped playing.
    Now i am kinda hyped for the great looking Witcher 3 and consider to give Witcher 2 another chance. Also i read something about a mod that completely overhauls the combat system.

Can anyone tell me more (indepth if possible) details, what is changing with that mod? How does this awful combat system improve?

Please help me to enojoy this (probable) great game!
    Thanks in advance!

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    no idea. i just got witcher 1 and 2 on steam. watched some reviews and they said the sequel was a massive improvement to combat so idk.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

The mod doesn't change the core mechanics of the combat, it just rebalances the whole system, but also makes combat a lot harder (bosses - except of the last one - are easier and regular mobs are much harder to kill). But if you just didn't like the way it played, the mod won't make you like it. Also I don't mean to kill the hype for you, but based on gameplays, melee combat in W3 seems almost exactly the same as in W2, it's just more polished. The Signs are changed a lot and ranged combat was added, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

The mod also rework the talent system, by default geralt have some talents learned when you start, and all the talents are 0/1 instead of 0/2. They also nerfed some weapons and armors to make you less god.

Deleted
    Just play it Vanilla, the Combat-System is perfect.

I was kinda in the same boat. Hated the combat system in Witcher 2 and couldn't make myself play it longer then a few hours. Really unfortunate, because I really liked the first game.

Someone posted a gameplay video in this thread. Perhaps it gives you some insight. To me, it looked pretty similar to Witcher 2, unfortunately.